Diapers and hunting

KrankyPants said:
I read somewhere that deer smell peepee. I don't know why, but I trust that and if I wear a diaper hunting, I'm drinking water and looking down the sight very carefully. I'd know I wet my diaper and I'd look far off to see how the activity is in case other animals smell me. I mean a little wee makes em shy away? Do I need to cover the area with musk or something that smells attractive, or is that cheating?
Deer smell all urine, but studies have shown that they can't tell the difference between human and deer, or fox, or coon, or etc...

Reactions: KrankyPants
CuddleWoozle said:
I'm sorry, but this cracked me up so hard. I can just imagine the deer ghost floating around going "I'm gonna find him! I'm gonna find him! That guy with the Rearz that shot me.

Definitely was wearing a safari! :ROFLMAO:

Diaperedsparky said:
I'm heading out this afternoon will be in the new nr8up can't wait. After taking with a bunch of guys in my area that raise deer they all have same consensus deer have way better hearing than smell. And I have found that to be true in my hunts. While they can smell you at times it's the noise that they can on point
So an update I had deer within 15ft of my hunting blind and I had a nr8up diaper on with three good soakings in it. None of them noticed me

This is actually useful information. I didnt know so many other people went hunting while padded. I went padded up for the first time last year and didnt see anything. After reading the other posts im going to try it again padded this year. Ive been hunting for a few years but this will be only the second while padded.

Reactions: Diaperedsparky
I'm sure making use of modern scent blockers would also help reduce any extra smell you might produce aswell.

I usually wash my gear in scent blocker detergent then store them in a plastic tub inbetween outings. I will spray from the waist down usually before i walk in though. I cant remember what spray i use though, have to look in my box of gear

How is everyone's hunting season?

I went out a few times but have not seen much yet, here in BC we are having a hot dry fall, not the best for deer movement during daylight hours.

Then, just this morning a buck chased two does right through my front yard and up into the bluffs behind. I was able to cut them off in my slippers and pajama pants and got the buck😁 right on my own land 😌 such a blessing from nature.

I'm still butchering, had the heart for dinner just now. Tonight I'm aging some hanging quarters and butchering the grind then stretching the hide to start drying for another skin drum.

Slomo said:
I sometimes go wild hog hunting in Florida (unlike deer they are a big nuisance, and cause all kinds of damage). I always go diapered, but that's partly because I'm also incontinent.
Nice, do the wild hogs taste alot different than the commercially available Pork?

Hemix said:
I can't hurt an animal for fun 🙁 At best, I'd go to the beach and dig in the sea to help fishes find food 🥰
I completely respect that🙏

But please remember it is not fun for everyone who hunts. There are no stores where I live so wild game is an important food source. I always honor my prey with respect and thank them for the gift I have received. I use everything but intestines etc, which the ravens appreciate 😌

I sadly have not gotten out this year, wife and I have an understanding that she wants me to be safe in numbers and at least go out with 1 other. Recently moved to Alberta and don't have anyone out here to go with. We live in the burbs so can't just shoot the ones going through the community.

Jorelaxed said:
Nice, do the wild hogs taste alot different than the commercially available Pork?
Wild feral hog, properly butchered (all glands removed) taste nothing like commercially available pork. It tastes like pork should taste 50 years ago, normally reddish pink in color

Reactions: northdl and Jorelaxed
Thanks Crinklechef.😃

Reactions: crinklechef
fleckothefennec said:

I went out a few times but have not seen much yet, here in BC we are having a hot dry fall, not the best for deer movement during daylight hours.

Then, just this morning a buck chased two does right through my front yard and up into the bluffs behind. I was able to cut them off in my slippers and pajama pants and got the buck😁 right on my own land 😌 such a blessing from nature.

I'm still butchering, had the heart for dinner just now. Tonight I'm aging some hanging quarters and butchering the grind then stretching the hide to start drying for another skin drum.
I've not hunted by myself yet been taking the kids out. My son got an 8 point the first night out. My daughter had been close but no arrows fired yet

Reactions: fleckothefennec
Antientmariner said:
Snipers wear diapers, they've always said
As an ex sniper. We did not. Trust me I wish that was true 😂

Reactions: Cottontail
fleckothefennec said:

I have only been small game hunting so fare. We do really good on squirrels every year and this one is no exception. I come off call with work this Thursday and I will start up on some deer. The rut is in full swing hear in the south.

Tomtomthedl said:
I have only been small game hunting so fare. We do really good on squirrels every year and this one is no exception. I come off call with work this Thursday and I will start up on some deer. The rut is in full swing hear in the south.
Nice

Our squirrels here are too small to hunt, not like the cat sized ones elsewhere, we have Nice ruffled and spruce grouse though.

The rut here doesn't get going to usually mid November, I'm curious how the drought here may affect that.

Today I'm heading to a resort on another island called Stuart for a few days work, I will be doing a hunt on the backside of the island on my way back. There is no access so I'm the only hunter ever there, I set up an anchor and pulley to keep my little boat off the rocks while I hunt😁

My gun and hauling pack are in the foreground, it's smokey from forest fires on the mainland 😬

Attachments

• 20221016_113337.jpg
    20221016_113337.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Tomtomthedl
fleckothefennec said:
Nice

Our squirrels here are too small to hunt, not like the cat sized ones elsewhere, we have Nice ruffled and spruce grouse though.

The rut here doesn't get going to usually mid November, I'm curious how the drought here may affect that.

Today I'm heading to a resort on another island called Stuart for a few days work, I will be doing a hunt on the backside of the island on my way back. There is no access so I'm the only hunter ever there, I set up an anchor and pulley to keep my little boat off the rocks while I hunt😁

My gun and hauling pack are in the foreground, it's smokey from forest fires on the mainland 😬
That's an awesome view. We don't see too many Big Bore lever guns down here. 30-30 is King when it comes to Bush rifles. Good luck on your upcoming hunt

Tomtomthedl said:
That's an awesome view. We don't see too many Big Bore lever guns down here. 30-30 is King when it comes to Bush rifles. Good luck on your upcoming hunt
Thanks 😁

I have a model 92 Winchester 30-30 I use as my bush gun. The one in the picture is a Browning 270 wsm. I reload for all my guns, I'm shooting a 130 grain horndy GMX in the 270wsm, it's 97% copper, no lead core. The range is amazing and it's doesn't beat the hell out of the meat.

Reactions: Tomtomthedl
Hope everyone's season is going well🦊😁

Here in coastal BC Canada the rut is just approaching its peak. I did a team hunt with a friend the other day and we were able to execute a team push perfectly ending up with a nice buck to share between us. We hiked to a remote abandoned copper mine cave and had a fire to cook a tenderloin. Was a wonderful day with even a little snow the help in tracking.

My little freezer is getting kind of full so I will be starting canning soon.

Reactions: WillFord384 and JR1
I got a small spike a few days ago but I missed a few day before that, not seeing any wild hogs which is unusual. But I did put 50 pounds of fish in the freezer this year

Reactions: WillFord384, JR1 and fleckothefennec
Back