Diapers and healthy sperm

@RestrainU4Me can I ask how often and how long you wear for? I was and am still a recreational wearer and didn’t have any issues in my early 30’s getting my wife pregnant. Being more precise it was a couple of hours at a time wearing a few times a week.

Reactions: Edgewater
Never caused me any issues and I'm IC, conceived our first in the first few weeks of trying await the results of the second. I would suggest if you haven't already tried ovulation sticks for your partner cost a lot but make the tracking of go time much easier. Yes it's hot down there but it's only your body heat and most conti pads (slip nappies) aren't tight to the body they have breathing room I find them to be more accommodating than boxers if anything.

Reactions: alfenton, LinkDL and Edgewater
diaperdoodproton said:
i apologize
No apology necessary, thank you for accepting dissent with good grace.

RestrainU4Me said:
So my wife and I are trying to get pregnant. So I went and had my sperm checked. I had very low healthy (almost none) overall and one of the questions the doctor asked was do I go in saunas or hot tubs as that can heat up your “balls” to temperatures that could damage the sperm inside.

That has me thinking, does wearing wet diapers have the same effect and is causing my sperm to be damaged? A warm wet diaper can make it hot down there.

Anyone else deal with anything like this?
Not to sound smart, why wouldn't you ask your doctor at the time of appointment?

Reactions: Edgewater and mayhem
RestrainU4Me said:
does wearing wet diapers have the same effect and is causing my sperm to be damaged?
Yes. Your testicles are on the outside of your body for a reason (in the area of 93ºF) just as a woman's ovarys are internal. They are on the outside to stay cool despite your internal body temperature. Above 95º you pose a risk. above 100 you're nearing sterilization.

Reactions: Edgewater and RestrainU4Me
@RestrainU4Me I wear for IC reasons and when my wife and I were trying I was worried the diapers were causing issues so I set reminders on my phone every 3 to 4 hours to go sit on the toilet. It made no difference. It just made for more accidents and life was a lot harder

As incon it was/is also a worry of mine, as ditching the diapers is simply not going to work. As the question pops up now and then on message boards, I would say diapers should not attribute to a significant lower sperm count. (also assuring myself on the countless of incon people who successfully and easily got children)

Last edited:
  • Love
Well, i'd say there is most likely a drop in sperm viability as heat goes up in the factory.

Now, this will depend on the depends used and what else. If you are wearing a diaper snug up and maybe a snug onesie or pajamas it would make it worse.

But, overall, i'd say it seems to be secondary for the most part. Like it will lower your count, but if othewise things are normal you'd be fine.

IIRC we are talking here in the millions of little swimmers, and if say the diapers lowered it by 10% still going to be in the millions. Now yes if your count is low, it may be something you can do to raise the count.

But there are LOTS of OC people that have kids, not to discount any issues, but IMHO diapers would not be the #1 cause to having low sperm count.

Now sitting for hours every day in a hot tub at 104deg is shown to have an effect, but the hotest you should be in a diaper would be 98.6deg F. Else there are other things that might be a way bigger issue.

So, if your sperm count is low, yes cooling the chaps would maybe help, but what else is causeing the low sperm count?

As is the answer, usually this will take a doctor and tests to figure out what exactly is going on, but do tell them everything inclusing the diaper use, never keep things from your doctor, not worth it.'

Back