Diapered in public

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh... i have never wore them in public mostly cuz i get sooooo self conscious but i did experiment with my best friend who i live with. I wore normal clothes and my diaper and he didn't notice even after i had used it a few times.

Reactions: Lyokodl and perlFerret
Peanutbutter16 said:
What do you wear in public to hide your diapers ? And the noise ? I’m always scared someone can notice I’m wearing them.
To hide? I have severe incontinence, I wear thick diapers with plastic pants 24/7, so I cannot and do not want to hide, I have a health problem and the people who deal with it. If you have an idiot soaked like a big baby in line at the market, mind your own business.

Reactions: nwm
I’m kinda skinny and I never really have to hide it. Unless someone looks for it - people don’t pay attention to that. My tip would be: wear something that makes you feel comfortable :). When you feel natural, you just forget that you wear a diaper. Then you are only reminded when you’re really leaking, the diaper gets so big that it rubs your inner tights etc. Even then people usually don’t pay attention to that :). I’d avoid being smelly though. Everyone can feel that. Especially when you’re staying in the room for some time.

Reactions: Lyokodl
Nobody but you can hear that *cough* subtle rustle. 😉

Reactions: LittlePrince
Hendric said:
Jeans magically remove the crinkling sounds, and if they are not tight, it hides the diapers totally. Also, keep in mind that noone is looking at your butt with the intention to figure out if you are diapered or not.
Unless it's in the reg. line at a fur con. With little else to do, I look around and try to spot diapered rears or PeekABU hats. Sorry.

Reactions: Hendric
perlFerret said:
Unless it's in the reg. line at a fur con. With little else to do, I look around and try to spot diapered rears or PeekABU hats. Sorry.
Aww thats cute :3

Reactions: nwm and perlFerret
No one notices unless you have a wet spot. I dont dress to impress so no one gives me a second look. Just give yourself a quick check in the mirror before you leave.

When out; I usually wear shorts or sweat pants. Also, a long T-shirt that can hide the bulge of a diaper. I think it helps with the noise, especially if you have a vinyl cover on. Sometimes, when its cool enough out, they have those onesie things that hold everything in and tight so its not so noticeable.

Soarandragon said:
To be honest with you, no body cares but you. I am not being mean! I was extremely self conscious myself when I first started and was worried the whole world would find out and I’d be ousted. I’ve been 24/7 for almost a year and nothing. The closest I got was I got quickly walked in on while changing at a previous job but, like I said, nobody cares. Incontinence is so prevalent these days that wearing a diaper doesn’t usually cause anyone to bat an eye, as long as it’s under clothes, isn’t so noisy you could hear them in a crowded food court, and it isn’t smelly, I can guarantee you 99.9999% of people don’t notice or care. If noise in a lower volume place is an issue, try wearing plastic pants and a onsie over the diaper. For me, the combo of plastic pants, onsie and jeans have covered up so much of the noise I couldn’t even hear myself in a quite unisex, 1 stall bathroom. The only time I’ve ever heard myself is when the wings of my diaper rides up, but this is easily rectified.
I get self conscious about it when out. I think as you say. most people don't care or notice. No one has ever said anything. Only issues I have had was when wearing shorts, sometimes the diaper will hang out and/or plastic covers. I have changed in the car, and always fear I will be seen or walked in on somewhere. Not sure what else to do though.

MrG said:
I get self conscious about it when out. I think as you say. most people don't care or notice. No one has ever said anything. Only issues I have had was when wearing shorts, sometimes the diaper will hang out and/or plastic covers. I have changed in the car, and always fear I will be seen or walked in on somewhere. Not sure what else to do though.
I was like this at first too, so I only wore thin stuff like the Tena men active fit, to “train” myself about not being focused full time on the diaper. After a few occasions you get totally used to it and it makes moving on to bigger tape diapers easy.

Reactions: JOCKMAN and checkingoutall
Used to be self conscious as well, but then over time I came to realize that noise is in my head and very minimal with a decent onesie and appropriate outerwear, Unless I have seriously over estimated remaining capacity and leaked or began to waddle, no one has really noticed, or just declined to say anything over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: checkingoutall
An ex girlfriend told me about 15 years ago that nobody will notice if I am wearing diapers or care even if they did. That can’t be said of leaking in your normal pants without wearing a diaper. I am amazed that people bought that I said I spilled soda on my lap... On more occasions than just 1 time.

Avoid tight clothing and light colors and you will be fine.
As others said, make sure to change before things get out of control.

Reactions: sissysissy and Jonnythepony
2012Stroke said:
An ex girlfriend told me about 15 years ago that nobody will notice if I am wearing diapers or care even if they did. That can’t be said of leaking in your normal pants without wearing a diaper. I am amazed that people bought that I said I spilled soda on my lap... On more occasions than just 1 time.
Yea. It's more believable you spilled soda on your lap, rather than leaks from a diaper.

Reactions: chamberpot
I'm wearing 2 plastic backed diaper with my kids 14-16 shark bathing suit and kids Scooby glow in the dark tea shirt, and my night time clothes tonight are paw patrol. My friends know I wear a diaper, and there fine with it...and I don't care about in public, I clearly have a diaper on under my bathing suit. But I live a full regression life style, sleep in a toddler Mickey bed, my room is full of toys, any thing an average 4 or 5 year old would have including paw patrol bed sheets. And plenty of pampers wipes.

Having to wear 24/7 i have learned to not care so much, i wear what i would normally wear and just not care, but i would say just be confident and wear whatever underwear you want, no one goes around looking at your crotch to see if you are wearing a diaper, trust me

Reactions: sissysissy and JOCKMAN
I agree with those that have said no one will really care if you are wearing diapers or some form of protective undergarments, Nowadays most of the stigma is gone as evident by the numerous adult diaper commercials featuring "normal" everyday people at work / going out and doing things in life. When I was in college and had to start wearing diapers / plastic underpants to bed, some partners did not bat an eyelash and were glad I was thinking about their comfort while sleeping. A few (like 3 or 4 in 4 years) thought it odd and thought it best I return to my own dorm room. A few others had questions but once I made it evident it was either wear protection or wake up with a wet sheet & wet underwear possibly, they seemed OK about it as I was.

Obviously I only have night issues at this point in time and they are infrequent & minor so not a big deal. However when I travel by plane I wear protection and my normal jeans. Looking in the mirror I have to really look hard to even wonder if you can tell I may have on some type of protection. When I travel overseas I wear a M4 that is bulky but I have had times when sleeping overnight on the plane that I have more release and once I am wet a bit I have to rely on the further absorbency & capacity of wetting further until the plane lands. This saves me a lot of time for bathroom and cleanup and NO ONE has ever said anything to me or looked at me strange - they really could care less. One time I did wait in the lavatory line on a plane for about 20 minutes. It was getting very uncomfortable holding it so I let loose a bit while standing there. Once I was going though it became even more uncomfortable / difficult to stop and after having a full release I basically waited to still go into the lavatory. The tapes coming off my M4 were very loud and would be an obvious sound to anyone that has changed a disposable diaper or heard this sound previously. To my surprise my M4 was only 1/2 soaked so I taped it back on and came on out thinking several people closest to the door might give me a strange look, but nobody cared and seemed to all have the same look as I probably had waiting in line as to "how much longer do I have to wait to use the lavatory?!".

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I usually wear my diaper put boxers over it and wear a pair of pants which reduces the noise a little bit

Reactions: LittlePrince
jamiejamie said:
Yea. It's more believable you spilled soda on your lap, rather than leaks from a diaper.
I normally drink a full 2 liter bottle at work, and always carry the bottle. With shaky hands, spilling it is not infrequent.. Usually it ends up on my shirt though. lol

Actually wear just disposable diapers in public. Usually 6 or 7 layers at once as to last till noon. Most people will stare at me without comment. Some will laugh outloud or taunt me but most just shrug. I've even been told I was cute by more than one pretty girl. I live in a small town so waddling to the pharmacy for more diapers or grocery shopping for me is a common sight to most now. The humiliating part is when parents point to me either at the grocery store or the playground and tell their children to behave or end up like me. Other than that I don't have to worry about hiding anything or even the crinkling from anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyokodl
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back