Status
Not open for further replies.

Palle

Curious Straight Boy (5-10 years old)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have vivid memories of a particular incident when I was 10 years old and my older sister was 16.
We were at the airport, about to board a flight, when we were ushered into a restroom. Our mom changed my sister's diaper (she had OAB and a small bladder, so she likely wore diapers 24/7 while on vacation) and then asked me to lower my pants so she could put an overnight diaper on me as well. It was completely unexpected and I felt extremely embarrassed.
At that time, my sister was dealing with bedwetting, and I occasionally wet the bed due to a nervous bladder, so we both pretty much still needed diapers when we slept away from home.
During the evening flight, both of us wet ourselves, and upon landing, we had to change in another restroom.
I was informed that it was late, so I could keep my diaper on just in case. I felt incredibly embarrassed.
This is something that I sometimes replay in my head, especially when I'm holding to my bursting point and then I suddenly just let go and flood my diaper :eek: I feel both so embarrassed and embarrassed at the samt time. It's really relaxing afterwards.

Have you ever been diapered (or "pull-upped") for travel and such?
Perhaps due to being a bedwetter at the time or/and having retention problems during the day?
What was the expectation for you being in diaper– was it for your convenience or to protect from actual accidents?
How old were you when you had these experiences and How did you, your siblings (if any), and parents handle this?
Was it handled discreetly or in any particularly awkward or embarrassing?
Did you have to ask permission before wet and for how long did you have to wait for a private change?
Feel free to share whatever you are comfortable with.

Last edited:
Reactions: espectro, Angelapinks and Hell2DaNaw
Palle said:
I have vivid memories of a particular incident when I was 10 years old and my older sister was 16.
We were at the airport, about to board a flight, when we were ushered into a restroom. Our mom changed my sister's diaper (she had OAB and a small bladder, so she likely wore diapers 24/7 while on vacation) and then asked me to lower my pants so she could put an overnight diaper on me as well. It was completely unexpected and I felt extremely embarrassed.

At that time, my sister was dealing with bedwetting, and I occasionally wet the bed due to a nervous bladder, so we both pretty much still needed diapers when we slept away from home.
During the evening flight, both of us wet ourselves, and upon landing, we had to change in another restroom.
I was informed that it was late, so I could keep my diaper on just in case. I felt incredibly embarrassed.
This is something that I sometimes replay in my head, especially when I'm holding to my bursting point and then I suddenly just let go and flood my diaper :eek: I feel both so embarrassed and embarrassed at the samt time. It's really relaxing afterwards.

Perhaps due to being a bedwetter at the time or/and having retention problems during the day?
What was the expectation for you being in diaper– was it for your convenience or to protect from actual accidents?
How old were you when you had these experiences and How did you, your siblings (if any), and parents handle this?
Did you have to ask permission before wet and for how long did you have to wait for a private change?
I cannot remember a time when this happened to me but I do remember a time my sister wet herself on a car trip as dad could not find a bathroom and she refused to go at the side of the road. Mum sat her on a beach towel just in case and it was needed before we stopped. As we were only going to the beach that day mum changed her into her swimsuit. I remember one other time she wet on the way home from school as it was a long walk and she had not gone before we headed home. She suddenly stopped and just let go and as she had a dress on she was standing in a puddle when two high school boys walked by and started teasing her. I was mad as hell and told them to piss off calling them stupid bullies. They just laughed as I grabbed her hand and we walked quickly away. We still had about 10 blocks to go and a small hill to climb but my sister was crying most of the way. Not long after this I was on an errand for my church to take a small gift to a newborn in our parish. It was a long walk and my bike had a flat so I had no choice. On the way home I too wet myself as I thought I could make it in time and I hated boys who peed against a tree or somewhere else. My mum always said this was disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie07601
Due to my urgent bladder I wear diapers for long car rides and traveling on a plane as too many times I've had to sit on a plane unable to use the restroom.

Reactions: diaperdude, Lethdale, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
Angelapinks said:
I cannot remember a time when this happened to me but I do remember a time my sister wet herself on a car trip as dad could not find a bathroom and she refused to go at the side of the road. Mum sat her on a beach towel just in case and it was needed before we stopped. As we were only going to the beach that day mum changed her into her swimsuit. I remember one other time she wet on the way home from school as it was a long walk and she had not gone before we headed home. She suddenly stopped and just let go and as she had a dress on she was standing in a puddle when two high school boys walked by and started teasing her. I was mad as hell and told them to piss off calling them stupid bullies. They just laughed as I grabbed her hand and we walked quickly away. We still had about 10 blocks to go and a small hill to climb but my sister was crying most of the way. Not long after this I was on an errand for my church to take a small gift to a newborn in our parish. It was a long walk and my bike had a flat so I had no choice. On the way home I too wet myself as I thought I could make it in time and I hated boys who peed against a tree or somewhere else. My mum always said this was disgusting.
So clever using a towel... Wish I could have thought of that when my daughter almost wet herself in the car during a bad blizzard, lyckily we were travelling and had a pack of her overnight diapers in the car. She was diapered that time, din't like it but soon stopped complaining about needing to pee. She gor a change but manage to stay dry for the rest of the trip. She was mortified when she was put in that diaper, but there was frankly no other way. Stopping the car was impossible, it was a small winding road with a lot of traffic and the visibility was really bad and it was so cold that the 50% of the windscreen turned to thick ice. But after that she could retain her urin for long, really long. As long as she could develop UTI's and temporary start bedwetting again...

Reactions: Angelapinks
AZAnnie2 said:
Due to my urgent bladder I wear diapers for long car rides and traveling on a plane as too many times I've had to sit on a plane unable to use the restroom.
I did the same as a kid, now not so much, but I am working on it ⚠️🌊:rolleyes:🌊:oops:🌊:eek:🌊🫣

Reactions: Blekyss and Angelapinks
Palle said:
So clever using a towel... Wish I could have thought of that when my daughter almost wet herself in the car during a bad blizzard, lyckily we were travelling and had a pack of her overnight diapers in the car. She was diapered that time, din't like it but soon stopped complaining about needing to pee. She gor a change but manage to stay dry for the rest of the trip. She was mortified when she was put in that diaper, but there was frankly no other way. Stopping the car was impossible, it was a small winding road with a lot of traffic and the visibility was really bad and it was so cold that the 50% of the windscreen turned to thick ice. But after that she could retain her urin for long, really long. As long as she could develop UTI's and temporary start bedwetting again...
I was having some issues for about 6 or 7 years now with overactive bladder and some prostate problems but I was resisting wearing anything until I was having accidents on car trips and then during Covid finding a bathroom was very hard to do and when I did there was always a line so I started with adult Pull Ups to avoid wetting my clothes. It took me awhile to get use to it and I was self conscious about wearing in public or around family. Not an option at the time as we had two family Funerals about 10 months apart.

Reactions: Lethdale, Blekyss and Palle
Angelapinks said:
I was having some issues for about 6 or 7 years now with overactive bladder and some prostate problems but I was resisting wearing anything until I was having accidents on car trips and then during Covid finding a bathroom was very hard to do and when I did there was always a line so I started with adult Pull Ups to avoid wetting my clothes. It took me awhile to get use to it and I was self conscious about wearing in public or around family. Not an option at the time as we had two family Funerals about 10 months apart.
I haven't had any prostate problems yet, but it would probably be my luck if I did get that in the future. Well I wore a lot of diapers while young and, even if I were embarrassed and frustrated at times, I would probably do it all over again. So what if I would ended incontinent? Not that I wish, but then I would have a legit reason to wear diapers. I really do enjoy wetting myself while diapered, so I don't think that it would be the end of the world. On the plus side, incontinence diapers, like Tena and Abena, are included in basic healthcare and therefore free of charge, including delivery to your doorstep, as long as you have a legit prescription from your urologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babygs2608, Blekyss and Angelapinks
Palle said:
I haven't had any prostate problems yet, but it would probably be my luck if I did get that in the future. Well I wore a lot of diapers while young and, even if I were embarrassed and frustrated at times, I would probably do it all over again. So what if I would ended incontinent? Not that I wish, but then I would have a legit reason to wear diapers. I really do enjoy wetting myself while diapered, so I don't think that it would be the end of the world. On the plus side, incontinence diapers, like Tena and Abena, are included in basic healthcare and therefore free of charge, including delivery to your doorstep, as long as you have a legit prescription from your urologist.
My Urologist did not want me to wear them for my night wetting but offered another Pill instead. I just told him NO I am taking enough pills as it is and I cannot always wake up and go to the bathroom at night. Sometimes I just sleep right through and other times I try to get up but get dizzy so diapers are the easiest solution for me. Not sure if mine would be covered or not as I did not ask.

Reactions: Rob110, DarkWolf and Bobbydrysocks
I still don't get the stigma around diapers. We are talking about vital bodily functions like eat drink pee poop menstruate and procreate.
what's all the fuzz about? Everything that goes in will eventually come out. I really hope that those who shames others will be the first to need diapers again.
Diapers are tools like eyeglasses and wheelchairs. They make life easier to live when one have the corresponding disability, regardless of terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleDiaperDreamer, Teddy02, TigerDL and 6 others
All the time growing up. We travelled a lot and was always in a nappy or pull-ups for flights car rides etc. I was expected to not wet my nappy when I was awake they were supposed to be for accidents only but the reality was quite different I woul wet myself as and when I neede to go

Palle said:

Yep i definitely have gone though this before , being a bedwetter till late teens i was still in diapers at 16 when we travel internationally. My mom expectation is for me to just use my diaper since im already wearing them when no toilet is nearby but if tere is a toilet nearby then im encouraged to use it. I used it for more practical purposes such as long lines at the theme park and any mode of transport such as planes , trains , cars etc. Being 16 at the time of course i felt embarrassment but i didn't really have a choice. I would sometimes let them know i wet my diaper or that i wanted to go pee and my mo would either ask me to find the toilet or if none is in sight i would have to just use my diaper . Diaper checks were somewhat embarrassing as well because my mom would ask me if i wet my diaper and sometimes did a quick check .

Reactions: Lyric, Palle, Angelapinks and 1 other person
Sgdlboy said:
Yep i definitely have gone though this before , being a bedwetter till late teens i was still in diapers at 16 when we travel internationally. My mom expectation is for me to just use my diaper since im already wearing them when no toilet is nearby but if tere is a toilet nearby then im encouraged to use it. I used it for more practical purposes such as long lines at the theme park and any mode of transport such as planes , trains , cars etc. Being 16 at the time of course i felt embarrassment but i didn't really have a choice. I would sometimes let them know i wet my diaper or that i wanted to go pee and my mo would either ask me to find the toilet or if none is in sight i would have to just use my diaper . Diaper checks were somewhat embarrassing as well because my mom would ask me if i wet my diaper and sometimes did a quick check .
@Sgdlboy, thank you for sharing.
That couldn't have been fun at all, being that old as you were back then, I remember my big sister being same age when she sometimes wore.

Her reason was mainly OAB + Heavy bedwetting. In her case I guess that translated to urge IC and the need for protective panties at home and in school. But outside of those environments she often wore the same protection as she did at night, her overnight diapers.

I do remember her wearing them in the car and on other events, as well as her changing into them before outings or at bedtime since we usually had them put on at the same time in the evening when travelling.

I was told I had a small and nervous bladder, usually no problem at home, but was sometimes put in a diaper for outings and travel at the samt time and occasions as my sister.
Wearing a diaper under my snow suit was sort of standard, not remembering ever being asked before I was put in one, but I definitely remember being cooperative and also exited when she diapered me on the hallway floor. I have a vague memory of my sister being diapered at the same time, but I have no Idea of how old she might have been then. I only know that, in my case, it resulted in accidents because I didn't care to try to hold it. It was seldom embarrassing until getting inside again and I did quite often end up being changed and kept in them for the rest of the evening. I had a playmate next door who also did about the same until she stopped bedwetting at about 7, she quit just before she started school. I Don't think she ever wore one in her snow suit after that.

The above snow suit situation might have been a small exception, but nevertheless I'm not sure I ever had to wear only for convenience, only like "just in case".
I still had to use the restrooms regularly, even if I didn't need to go. Same for my sister. If I had an accident, I had to change clothes and was often put on a diaper since no extra clothes were left. That happened several times to me, especially when I got older and didn't wear a diaper from the beginning. But it didn't matter, It was embarrassing either way. I believe I was about 10 the last
it happened, and then it was purely "just in case", I am referring to my initial post when I started this thread.

I don't have any clear memories of wearing any kind of protective underwear except diapers. The reason might have been that when I wet, When I peed myself, I peed a lot. I would think my sister was the opposite, she peed a little but often...

Please enlighten me on how your parents might have reasoned while putting you, a 16 years old, in diapers during such events as simply waiting in line. Or did you wet while riding the attractions? Would you have managed without a diaper in those cases, and if not, what was your unfortunate deal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blekyss and Sgdlboy
Palle said:
Please enlighten me on how your parents might have reasoned while putting you, a 16 years old, in diapers during such events as simply waiting in line. Or did you wet while riding the attractions? Would you have managed without a diaper in those cases, and if not, what was your unfortunate deal?
well it was quite easy for them as i was a bedwetter so i myself knew i have to wear diapers else if not it would be wet pants. It was practical since im already wearing diapers so my mom would just ask me to go in them . Most of the time im reminded to wear them and a quick visual check before we leave the house . There was one time when my family and relatives went to the theme park and i was sort of dragged along for the thrill rides which im not a fan of , i rode it once and after the ride it felt weird and i went to the toilet to check that i indeed wet my diaper unintentionally . I would say no , i couldn't have managed without diapers as i had wet them a few times , i was sort of kept in diapers 24/7 whenever we travel so it kinda helped for practical reasons.

Reactions: Palle and Blekyss
Sgdlboy said:
well it was quite easy for them as i was a bedwetter so i myself knew i have to wear diapers else if not it would be wet pants. It was practical since im already wearing diapers so my mom would just ask me to go in them . Most of the time im reminded to wear them and a quick visual check before we leave the house . There was one time when my family and relatives went to the theme park and i was sort of dragged along for the thrill rides which im not a fan of , i rode it once and after the ride it felt weird and i went to the toilet to check that i indeed wet my diaper unintentionally . I would say no , i couldn't have managed without diapers as i had wet them a few times , i was sort of kept in diapers 24/7 whenever we travel so it kinda helped for practical reasons.
@Sgdlboy, That sounds much like you were U-IC then, away from home? Did you manage without accidents at home and in school?

Palle said:

Yes I was told I had to wear my pull up or a diaper for vacations, car-trips, nights coming home from late activities in the car etc... It wasn't like it was unexpected that I wouldn't? I always wore a pull up to bed so it was sorta expected unless it was a oddity or possibility that I might sleep like a early or late car-trip sometimes I wouldn't think about it and would be told to put one on but I didn't really care and I don't remember ever making a big deal out of it. I was very open about it with my Mom and Dad, they were supportive and never made it harder than it already was emotionally, but I was not a very upset/depressed kid about my issues? I knew I would outgrow it, it didn't hurt me or anyone else, and I was pretty confident in myself and kept it private and didn't let my issues bother me much!

To answer all your questions:

I wore because I was a bedwetter. I didn't have daytime accidents and didn't normally wear during the day, only at night or if was going to nap.
Was to protect from actual accidents and be discreet, diapers/pull ups were not for convenience.
I was 3-14 years old, my siblings didn't care and left me alone, they all had their own issues to keep secret and we weren't a family that exposed or fought or embarrassed each other for things like that. Glasses were to help you see. Pull ups were to keep my bed dry and to not wake up in the middle of the night upset and wet and need to shower and clean the bed and stuff. Matter-of-factly dealt with growing up.
It was very discreetly handled. My siblings knew but just like getting dressed anywhere else boundaries were respected other than maybe my closest brother we might get dressed together sometimes when we were younger but as we got older that stopped and privacy was kept.
I do not ever recall having to ask to change. Pull ups are just like underwear if was awake and had to go to the bathroom surely I wasn't the only kid that had to go in the car and we'd make a stop and I'd use the toilet not the pull up. I don't ever remember using my pull up on-purpose like that on a trip. My Mom was incredibly slick and we'd come up with a codeword that would be used in a normal conversation if we were around other people that I could let her know if I needed to change or not. I rarely wet in the car though unless it was really late and overnight drive or on the way home from swim at night I was sometimes so tired I'd be wet when I got home cause it was a 45 minute drive and I'd sleep in the car going home.
I can remember a road-trip we took when I was maybe 11 or 12 where I distinctly remember being woken up in a Cracker Barrel parking lot and told to climb into the trunk of the van and change into underwear because we were going in to eat breakfast. I know I was wet and remember climbing out of the trunk and mom discreetly slipping the pullup into a bag of other trash as we walked in. No one ever knew!

Reactions: WillFord384, Blekyss, wetnights and 1 other person
For travel my aide puts me in a NS Megamax with dual boosters, whatever happens in diaper stays there until I get some place with a Hoyer lift, for long travel I taper off my bowel medication and am constipated . Once we arrive I get two large doses of medication that within 90 minutes causes me to shit like a goose about every 30 minutes.

Reactions: Palle
Squirrely said:
Yes I was told I had to wear my pull up or a diaper for vacations, car-trips, nights coming home from late activities in the car etc... It wasn't like it was unexpected that I wouldn't? I always wore a pull up to bed so it was sorta expected unless it was a oddity or possibility that I might sleep like a early or late car-trip sometimes I wouldn't think about it and would be told to put one on but I didn't really care and I don't remember ever making a big deal out of it. I was very open about it with my Mom and Dad, they were supportive and never made it harder than it already was emotionally, but I was not a very upset/depressed kid about my issues? I knew I would outgrow it, it didn't hurt me or anyone else, and I was pretty confident in myself and kept it private and didn't let my issues bother me much!

To answer all your questions:

I wore because I was a bedwetter. I didn't have daytime accidents and didn't normally wear during the day, only at night or if was going to nap.
Was to protect from actual accidents and be discreet, diapers/pull ups were not for convenience.
I was 3-14 years old, my siblings didn't care and left me alone, they all had their own issues to keep secret and we weren't a family that exposed or fought or embarrassed each other for things like that. Glasses were to help you see. Pull ups were to keep my bed dry and to not wake up in the middle of the night upset and wet and need to shower and clean the bed and stuff. Matter-of-factly dealt with growing up.
It was very discreetly handled. My siblings knew but just like getting dressed anywhere else boundaries were respected other than maybe my closest brother we might get dressed together sometimes when we were younger but as we got older that stopped and privacy was kept.
I do not ever recall having to ask to change. Pull ups are just like underwear if was awake and had to go to the bathroom surely I wasn't the only kid that had to go in the car and we'd make a stop and I'd use the toilet not the pull up. I don't ever remember using my pull up on-purpose like that on a trip. My Mom was incredibly slick and we'd come up with a codeword that would be used in a normal conversation if we were around other people that I could let her know if I needed to change or not. I rarely wet in the car though unless it was really late and overnight drive or on the way home from swim at night I was sometimes so tired I'd be wet when I got home cause it was a 45 minute drive and I'd sleep in the car going home.
I can remember a road-trip we took when I was maybe 11 or 12 where I distinctly remember being woken up in a Cracker Barrel parking lot and told to climb into the trunk of the van and change into underwear because we were going in to eat breakfast. I know I was wet and remember climbing out of the trunk and mom discreetly slipping the pullup into a bag of other trash as we walked in. No one ever knew!
@Squirrely,
It seems your parents took good care of you, handling the diapers in a good way, probably a little better than mine.

I didn't really see that much of my father. He was always working, even on weekends, to support the family, except at vacations.
Normal days, my/our mother made everything happen, and she was kind of chill about it everything, especially diapers and such around my sister.
I do get that an early or late car ride may oppose a problem to a bedwetter. Maybe even a power nap.
I was usually put in diapers for the entire car ride, including any service stops during the car ride (eat - fuel up - get snacks - restrooms).
When the car ride was over I took them off, I was not diapered for waiting in line to anything (but might have been on the way there).
My sister, as I already said, was U-IC so she would probably be diapered at all times when on vacation, or at least in protective underpants.
It is possible that me seeing her diapered might have influenced me in being later trained than necessary, before my DL emerged, that may also have influenced our mother to diaper me as well as when my sister needed.
I'm pretty sure I would have managed without most of those diapers during travel, as long as I didn't sleep, but that didn't happen often to me. My sister had a different story.

In the end we were both bedwetters and wore to bed for quite some time when not sleeping at home, but we did both needed protection to bed and most often wet.

TBH I always get a bad feeling when a bedwetter is put in diapers during trips, vacations while standing in line etc. to some people it seems to happen without an logic or reason, those cases sounds a lot more than just bedwetting. Hence the no logic in my brain. I have tried to psychoanalyze this so much I'm not sure I's possible to do it further.

Reactions: Blekyss
Palle said:
@Sgdlboy, That sounds much like you were U-IC then, away from home? Did you manage without accidents at home and in school?
nope i wasn't IC but rather a frequent bedwetter , whenever and where ever i am when i fall asleep i would tend to wet so diapers are a precaution , i think the only time i wet while awake without me knowing was the time i took the roller coaster ride .

Reactions: Palle, Lyric and Angelapinks
Sgdlboy said:
nope i wasn't IC but rather a frequent bedwetter , whenever and where ever i am when i fall asleep i would tend to wet so diapers are a precaution , i think the only time i wet while awake without me knowing was the time i took the roller coaster ride .
And that could have happened to anyone.
But I do recon your situation, I was a heavy bedwetter as well, but I had to sleep for sometime befor it happened so often a little slumber was not enough to make me wet myself, bot it could happen and did happen. Hence me wearing diapers as well...

Reactions: Nappyboybob
Definitely wearing for travels! There was a time i have to travel often for work and attend multiple conferences events back to back.
And was ( IS ) still glad that there are ABDL diapers around. Super absorbant and very high capacity.
I often have flights that are 10-12 hours long and in bad weathers, it can stretch a delay. one Big diaper can really help with the capacity issue VS having to add boosters to diapers which are thinner. Sitting on a thick diaper is difficult on a plane and really hard to change in the narrow and small toilet. There was once I really soaked through a diaper and i counted like 2 huge wettings ( when i stand up ) and some smaller ones inbetweens, i start to leak at the butt. . . and forced to open up my bag from the cabin storage and take out a diaper for a change. its really embarrasing , but i decided to do that comparing to leave a puddle somewhere on the plane and sitting for hours in a wet pants.
Nevertheless, while travelling its hard to find washrooms or changing areas in a foreign place im not familiar with . so a good diapers always helps. And very often, i have to socialize with my colleagues from other countries and have to be drinking alot.
So as the drinks flows... so did something else...which they will never know.

Reactions: Palle, Blekyss, littebabby and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back