Diaper Genie use for our adult diapers

Babyjimmy1813

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can some body give their opinion on the use of the basic Diaper Genie for adult diapers? Is its capacity large enough?

The opening in the top of a Diaper Genie for baby diapers is too small. If you’re using it for Goodnites or adult pull-ups, then it kinda works.

I use the Janibell Akord 330 that has a larger rectangle opening that will allow a larger adult diapers to pass through.

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover and DiaperDiva
It's just not designed for adult diapers
save your $ and get an adult diaper pail.
Or just a good sealing garbage can. I found the bags for adult diaper pails in my area to not be worth the cost.

Reactions: Babyjimmy1813 and DiaperDiva
SparkyDog said:
It's just not designed for adult diapers
save your $ and get an adult diaper pail.
Or just a good sealing garbage can. I found the bags for adult diaper pails in my area to not be worth the cost.
thanks

Back when I had babies in the house I used to put my diapers in the Diaper Genie too. But that was back when I use to wear depends, and those didn't hold very much so they would fit though the top. There's no way the large capacity ABDL diapers I wear now would fit in a Diaper Genie.

They make disposal bags for adult diapers that seal in the odor, so if you use those you can put them in any trash can.

Reactions: Ashton84
I have a metal step can that you hit the foot pedal to open the lid. It closes around the bag and the inside is a bucket that holds the liner. Works pretty well at keeping the odors in and I have had it for years. My parents actually bought it for me when I was in high school for that purpose cause I did not want anything obvious.

You can still get them in various shapes and sizes just look for one that closes around the top of the bag and not just sets on top of the bag.

Reactions: babyscotty37
Funny I was just thinking this the other day too because someone else in our apartment uses diaper genie but I didn’t know if it worked for adult diapers. Thanks this kinda answers that

it is not good for adult size diapers. the weight of adult size diapers is too heavy for a diaper genie. actually it is no better than a cheap 20-30 dollars plastic diaper pail. The diaper genie is marketed to first time parents who go in for the purchasing of all the crazy devices usless devises like wipe warmer thinking they are providing the best for their baby because they are exciting about having a baby and get caught up in that, but quickly learn all that fancy stuff is a waste of money. the plastic fillers in the diaper genie are expensive and a pain when plain old trash can liners/trash bags inside your diaper pail work fine. saves money and simple to remove, tie close, and throw away. The diaper genie has the same diaper smells that a traditional diaper pail does. like anything you have to clean and maintenance your diaper pail on a regular bases and if you do that you will be fine. baking soda inside your diaper pail is great for controlling odors and far cheaper than purchasing a diaper genie. don't waste your money diaper are expensive enough.

DiaperedTeddyBear said:
Back when I had babies in the house I used to put my diapers in the Diaper Genie too. But that was back when I use to wear depends, and those didn't hold very much so they would fit though the top. There's no way the large capacity ABDL diapers I wear now would fit in a Diaper Genie.

They make disposal bags for adult diapers that seal in the odor, so if you use those you can put them in any trash can.
I agree, a tightly wrapped and taped depends size medium is around the size of a toddler diaper.

Last edited:
I have a true Diaper Genie. Thick adult diapers will not go through the opening. I wear Depend pull-ups and they absolutely fit! There is just something about knowing I am using a product made for babies. If you wear pull-ups or use baby diapers as stuffers, go ahead and buy one!

Reactions: Ashton84 and DiaperedTeddyBear
I'm a DL, no incontinence at all. However, I have a Janibell Akord diaper pail in my closet, and I empty it weekly.

Reactions: LIDiaperBoy
Diaper Genie platinum here. Fits full and large adult diapers with a little pressure. Fits LOADED Goodnites easily.

Reactions: Scott729
One thing a friend suggested to me is buying the diaper genie refill bag roll, and cutting a piece of bag to bag up each diaper before throwing it into a trash can with a lid.

Mehrabad98 said:
One thing a friend suggested to me is buying the diaper genie refill bag roll, and cutting a piece of bag to bag up each diaper before throwing it into a trash can with a lid.
The refill plastic keeps odors in much better than regular trash bags btw

Back