Diaper Dependency Reality

Soggy247 said:
I tried cloth diapers years ago but i just couldn't keep the odour under control. They tended to leave me smelly, very quickly. My x stopped me using them because she said thay i always had a pee odour about me, and that was with good fitting polyurethane pants. Now i live in tena active fit, both maxi and ultima, usuallu with a booster and plastics.
I tried terry nappies and plastic pants and My wife said they made me smell of pee all the time. I actually liked the feeling of wearng them but as my wife has to live with my incontinence and nightly bedwetting I like to keep her happy.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, Pino and 1 other person
Wetshisbed said:
I tried terry nappies and plastic pants and My wife said they made me smell of pee all the time. I actually liked the feeling of wearng them but as my wife has to live with my incontinence and nightly bedwetting I like to keep her happy.
Yeah, my x said the same. I liked the feeling. They were super comfortable, but the smell was too noticeable and the bulk was emense.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Pino
Soggy247 said:
Yeah, my x said the same. I liked the feeling. They were super comfortable, but the smell was too noticeable and the bulk was emense.
Definitely bulky. No way to hide them.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Napincolove, Edgewater and 1 other person
Wetshisbed said:
Definitely bulky. No way to hide them.
Not for a man anyway. Women are so lucky in that they can deffo dress to hide a bulkier nappies easier with dresses and stuff. Lol.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
For me all my diapers are plasticbackup cloth diaper usually dont survive my life style

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Ellyn said:
I’ll play the cards I was dealt.
So it's Texas hold'em for you? ^^

Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater
Ellyn said:
Hi everyone! I’ve not posted in awhile but now that spring has sprung here in Texas, I somehow acquired an energy infusion and a few minutes to share my thoughts.

I want to take a few minutes to reflect on the realities of being urinary incontinent and dependent on diapers or catheters.

I’ve shared in the past that catheters are not for me and that I’ve worn diapers for most of my life (so far and hope for MANY MORE!). I’ve also shared that I’m not an AB or DL but can assign myself as DOKer (okay with wearing diapers out of necessity).

I’ve also shared that I use cloth diapers 90% of the time for comfort and skin sensitivity to some incontinence products (Tena products for one). I’ve worn cloth diapers for a majority of my life so my supply of diapers (newer, older, thicker, thinner, etc, waterproof pants, and supplies are vast. I also wear disposables and have transitioned into more quality diapers over the years like Northshore, Rearz, InControl, and the like. I also use “medical” quality diapers as well from time to time but they tend to be deficient in many ways, like absorption, fit, bunching, tapes, etc. I use disposable products when cloth diapers are impractical or inconvenient like longer distance travel, overnight stays away from home, occasions when bulk is a concern under fashions, etc. when wearing some form fitting fashions, pull-ups or pads are necessary.

Back to my preference of cloth diapers for a moment…. I wore cloth for the majority of my first 18 years, then disposable for the next 5 years, followed by a mix for the next 5 years. Over the last 15 years, I’ve used cloth most of the time. I am outside in the Texas heat and humidity during the day (as part of my job) much of the time and find disposables quite uncomfortable due to perspiration. I’m able to camouflage the thickness of cloth diapers as I usually wear loose fitting dresses with prints (not plain or stripes!). The fact that I’m 4’ 11” and about 115 pounds with virtually no backside helps to hide the bulk as well and provides the benefit of a pleasingly rounded butt profile. Some here comment on how the bulk between the legs is uncomfortable. For some, that’s probably true but to go with a skinny butt, I also have skinny thighs and wider hips resulting in amply room between my legs for the diaper.

The downside to cloth diapering is obviously the laundry. I do a load of diapers nightly, which takes some time and is hard on the washer and dryer. I change often so the diapers pile up quickly. I stay well hydrated so the urine smell is very mild if washed within a day. The costs of cloth diapering is actually pretty minimal as I have enough supplies to rotate through. I purchase maybe 4 new prefold cloth diapers per year and 1 or 2 new (high quality urethane) pants. I also buy disposables but only maybe 3-4 cases per year plus a few bags of pull-ups and pads so my costs are pretty low. I can’t imaging the costs of wearing quality disposables 24/7!

I have navigated my way through the 44 years with relative ease (so far) and have enjoyed my blessed life with my two amazing boys and loving and supportive husband. Very few are aware of my birth defects and MS and my need for diapers. I’d LOVE to be healthy and normal like some here who choose to wear diapers (not out of need) but I’ll play the cards I was dealt.
Thank you for sharing with us your life. Your vision of yourself, your life, your interaction with relatives inspire respect. I use also cloth diaper and plastic pants and ...washer and dryer. I use cloth with inserts in bamboo that enhance absorption capacity. Be well!

Reactions: Neroforte, Edgewater and Diprs2
Back