Desexualizing diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsmith1

Jsmith1
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Something that I have been thinking about and actively pursuing. I used to think and use diapers in a strictly sexual way. Meaning as soon as my sexual urges went away so to did my desire for diapers. This Made wearing them for longer periods of time Or at work/public difficult if not impossible because I was so turned on when wearing them.
Now I am trying to wear them more often. Like I changed into a pull up at work And wore one that day And the next day.

Sometimes i find it hard to wear them in a non-sexual manner meaning
But I am finding that I enjoy just relaxing and wearing them immensely.
As I am writing this I am dressed casually and slacks and a sweater and a pull-up and playing Borderlands 3. Has anyone else transitioned from a pure diaper lover who only enjoyed them sexually to just enjoying wearing them in a non sexual casual manner.

Last edited:
You might want to re-read that and edit or post again with a clarification because your text repeats. Just as a general observation, I think that purging sexual feelings is misguided. It makes more sense to put them in a better context and accept them.

T
Trevor said:
You might want to re-read that and edit or post again with a clarification because your text repeats. Just as a general observation, I think that purging sexual feelings is misguided. It makes more sense to put them in a better context and accept them.
Thank you sometimes voice to text fails.

Jsmith1 said:
Thank you sometimes voice to text fails.
That's so much clearer! I guess it does apply to me. It wasn't anything I sought but I found that after socializing with ABDL friends, I developed a social context for diapers as well. My motivation for wearing is still ultimately sexual but that doesn't mean that it is sexual at any given time. It also wound up making it easier and desirable to wear over longer periods.

Reactions: ChocChip
Jsmith1 said:
sometimes voice to text fails.
Well, speech-to-texting your forum posts is bad etiquette anyway. At best, you get an ill-punctuated wall of text that reads at a second grade level. And if you sound like "Selectallcopypaste!" when you clear your throat, it's even worse.

To the point, though: It's been my experience that the sexual urges just increase in frequency and amplitude when you try to ignore them. Best to clear your mind first by dealing with those, and then decide what to do with the blank slate you're left with. After a gazillion (divided by a gazillion, times 40-ish) years of playing in diapers, I still use them mainly as a tool of sexual gratification. Lately, though, by padding up between the urges, I've found amusement and pleasure in simply wearing and using my diapers in ordinary ways. I don't see the sexual thing going away, nor would I really want it to. I like it. But the time spent simply relaxing in diapers has been a very worthwhile addition to the mix.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL and Trevor
This is a difficult question, but I'll give you my two cents. I started wearing diapers again for accidents and regression when I was very young (just a few years after I was deemed potty trained). They became sexual only when I became a teenager. When my urge incontinence worsened as a twenty-something, I largely used diapers for their intended purpose again and the sexual part mostly died down (but it didn't entirely disappear). So to sum it up, if you handle your sexual needs outside of your diapers and use your diapers for their intended purpose or for regression, they will become less sexual.

Reactions: TheMat
Diapers have always been sexual for me. But recently as I have gotten older and more comfortable with my love for diapers...I find that even after taking care of sexual urges while diapered...I still enjoy the diaper.mmi stay in them. Never used to be like that.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I am working to do the same actually. I think it's possible only if you have another outlet for your sexual energy. In my case, that's a wife who is hornier than me. If your alternative isn't a real person I would question how much healthier that is.

Reactions: Jsmith1 and RedPandaDL
For me, diapers started off strictly sexual which i also wanted to expand. Fortunately for me i am also very into humiliation, and i found that after a sexual experience with diapers, i could tap into that humiliation by immediately putting on a fresh dry diaper. It felt very silly and i had a lot of 'why am i doing this?' .. However, telling myself that this is who i am, and i am just going to have to learn to to accept it.. And I found that within 20-30 minutes i was always happy i had slagged through the 'down time'. Now that i am 247 diapers no longer create that immediate response, no more than lets say a typical girl putting on a pair of sexy undies.

Reactions: neophyte
When I started to wear diapers it was mostly for my own sexual activity but over time I also just started to enjoy just wearing them in general it’s mostly about training your mind try to learn self control of your urges.

I started wearing diapers again at a young age (10 years old) and went through puberty with them. Lots of intense feelings / hormones from that time and prob till my early 20's. There were breaks taken in my late teens but I would always end up back in them by choice. Like many members here I had a hard time wearing them after sexual release up to my mid 20's, its was like this bliss that would turn into an unwanted filth feeling. I made it through those feelings and more or less hit the mark of just wearing them to wear them, a comfort object like when a kid needs there favorite teddy or blanket to go to sleep.
Don't get me wrong here, I would be a liar if I didn't admit to still getting excited and wearing a diaper and playing with it for sexual gratification, but at 34 years of age I don't feel the end guilt anymore and a diaper is just as comfortable to me before and after release, it just takes a lot of time to get use that feeling, but if you put your mind to it you can make it happen

Reactions: Fireheat and RedPandaDL
Ya, I used to use them mostly for sex gratification. But during this, I noticed the amazing effects it had on my anxiety, mood, etc. As you wear them more and more, your brain gets used to the stimulus. I rarely ever get aroused by them any more. It just takes a bit of time, not even a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: neophyte and randy1959
For myself diapers were something that triggered sexual desires and like you I didn't want to associate diapers with just masturbation. It took some time but I am now able to control my urges. I haven’t started wearing diapers yet, but I’m at a point we’re when I think about them I don’t get aroused anymore. I want to try diapers for their intended use and comfort.

It wasn’t sexual when I was small (as far as I know!)

It became sexual at 12 when I got my hands on my first adult nappy, got incredibly excited while putting it on and had my first orgasm in it, unexpectedly.

Wearing myself became less of a sexual thing and more of a stress relief/relaxation thing, but having my partner wear and wet herself in a nappy is still a massive turn on.

Full story here:

I've responded to a question similar to this before, so I'll copy-paste my response from there. I know the prompt was not "how to eliminate a diaper fetish" but rather, "is it possible to desexualize diapers?"
Although my response was to the question, "is it possible to eliminate this fetish", I think that a lot of the points I made can be applied here. Let me know what you all think.
This is a pretty compelling question, so here are some of my thought's that I've accrued over the years.
Due to the minimal/non-existent amount of formal research on this specific fetish and lifestyle, it is very hard to say whether it's psychological or physiological. For example, since there is an exorbitant amount of foot fetishists, there have been studies that show that "the brain areas associated with genitalia and feet are adjacent to each other in the brain's body image map." This means that foot fetishists have a biological and physiological association in their brain, something that can be visualized by anatomists. So in some circumstances, especially where's there's an adequate sample size, there can be conclusions drawn to the origin of fetishes.
A lot of the knowledge ABDLs and DDLGs have on the topic of their own fetish is extremely anecdotal and personalized from their own experiences. This isn't a bad thing, it just leaves the community is a sort of knowledge-void about the origins and meaning of their own sexuality. I can pretty confidently say that a large majority of this community's origin of fetishization comes from a troubled childhood or simply childhood exploration.
The hard part of this discussion is admitting to the fact that we don't know what causes someone to transgress into an ABDL or DDLG, at least not conclusively. Since so many of us have unique experiences (although there are often some similarities) about discovering our sexuality, and since it would be very difficult to perform any academic reaserch on ABDLs due to our geographic diversity, I think it's okay to say that we don't really know how we came to be this way.

Now to tackle the question of "can we eliminate it?" Again, unfortunately, the answer is we don't know. Since we can't really discover the origin of the 'problem' we can't accurately find a 'solution.' I'm assuming the final product would ideally be someone who is aroused by "vanilla" sex and such, but again, I'm not sure.
I'd love to hear from people that have gone through the phases of discovering their ABDL sexuality and successfully removed it from their sexual repertoire, although I'm not sure they'd still be a part of this community if they had done it successfully.

There is nothing wrong with including sexuality with your diapers in addition to your love for them. That doesn't make diapers a fetish any more than having sex with a person you love. Go ahead and have fun with your diapers when you first put them on. Just make sure you stay diapered for a long enough time after that. This will decouple your love and sexual desires in diapers, and will eventually allow you to wear without being instantly arroused.

I am a sunday user and I wear diaper for pleasure.

It started as sexual pleasure to the point there were hard to wear but as I got used to them and going out for walks in diapers, I started to find it less sexual and more normal. I accepted I want to wear diapers they make me feel happy and comfortable and to be out and about on a walk and not have to worry about If i need to go.

Although I only diaper on a sunday it's just a nice way to end the week every week, also to get some me time.

in my personal opinion, the sexualization of wearing kind of helps me get the courage to order more when i need to, but to keep myself from being the horny idiot and being turned on ALL the time in them, I just made them a daily routine to wear and wet, i got use to the feeling between my legs and even times I got turned on I left it be for a while to calm down, I find playing games and watching videos on youtube helps keep my mind off it a lot.

But in all seriousness it does help to be horny in them quite a bit, to keep the interest and love in them i see it's necessary in that way, there's nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: Trevor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back