Depends With Refastenable Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always strange how the same product can differ greatly based on location. I bought a pack of Depends in Korea a few years back and they were cloth backed then, but those were WONDERFUL. They were effective tapes, the padding was much more widely spread than the US Depends, it was thicker, more absorbent, and just a much higher quality. They were borderline premium light capacity protection.

Just looking at the thickness they took a real diaper cut it into three ,hit them with a steam roller and said "we have another improvement".

If they dont stop these improvements they are going to be bankrupt.
When even the drunk and high teenagers wont steal your product to be baby New Year, you might have a lousy product.

I remember buying the depend cloth backed overnights 15 years ago, they were decent, nothing like the original overnights *the best, but they didn't last long, maybe a year tops then were discontinued, then it was plain jane regular depends for a longtime approx 10years, then there first horrible adjustable underware came out. When KC got rid of the original plastic overnights, every new product that came out afterwards was always slightly worse than the product it replaced. Obviously it's corporate doing its cost cutting thing.

This is really disappointing. I liked the plastic backed diapers they made because they were comfortable to me, and they were easy and cheap to buy. Maybe if I stock up now I can get the remaining plastic backed ones before they're gone!

Not gonna lie, these look like paper towels. XD And not the good brand of paper towels either.

How do they compare to other cheap-o store brands like Walmart/CVS/Walgreen's cloth backed? Haven't seen them around East Missouri yet, but plastic depends are hard to find now so they must be clearing inventory.

This is extremely disappointing to me.

These were the only store brand diapers that I was able to use and enjoy, despite all of the quality issues and design flaws. Without the plastic backing, they may as well be Assurance or all of the other crappy no name adult briefs.

Well trust me Depend used to have a good site, then a number of years ago they "moderated" the site, in other words no more talking trash about the trash they were selling all posta were read by the moderators and posted upon there approval,suggestions and complaints go in the garbage they truly do not care what the actual customers say or do, it is a totaly Corprate mindset, and that mindset is going to eventually cause the company to "tank".

Tetra said:
Well trust me Depend used to have a good site, then a number of years ago they "moderated" the site, in other words no more talking trash about the trash they were selling all posta were read by the moderators and posted upon there approval,suggestions and complaints go in the garbage they truly do not care what the actual customers say or do, it is a totaly Corprate mindset, and that mindset is going to eventually cause the company to "tank".

And that's sad. If I was working for Depend, I would listen to the feedback and change the comment policy.

Just to update everyone, they're even worse than the originals. They can't hold 1 decent wetting before leaking. Super disappointing.

How can something be that disappointing when going into the test you should have had "lowered expectations" (SNL did a funny skit on that,unfortunately it was not about diapers) How can you be disappointed in a product that will not keep a continent person dry.

I just picked a pack of these up two weeks ago. I must say, they hold up just as good as the Tranquility ATNs IMO. I was able to wet in them multiple times before they leaked. I also tried oatmeal in there overnight and there was no spillage so I would imagine they would hold up to fecal containment. I did have a problem with some of the tabs coming loose after wearing them a bit but I was able to refasten the tape and it was all good. 20 of these briefs for ~$10 is a good deal even with a few shortcomings.

I can't stand a company that completely rewrites a product that people trust to an inferior product. Consumer loyalty is so critical, you think they would consider what people need and want. I won't even bother to try them. I hate refastenable diapers and cloth backed. Guaranteed to leak every time.

kappy said:
I can't stand a company that completely rewrites a product that people trust to an inferior product. Consumer loyalty is so critical, you think they would consider what people need and want. I won't even bother to try them. I hate refastenable diapers and cloth backed. Guaranteed to leak every time.

There's also the fact that the Protection with Tabs was the only Depend product that was plastic backed, so by changing this product, they completely eliminated their plastic backed product line.

My only guess is that because this was the only product that was plastic back, this is a cost-saving measure so that their product line is more uniform in materials, completely ignoring the fact that this was a preferred product for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back