Dental Sedation

craigd1341

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have occasional urge incontinence and have to run to the bathroom with short notice. Sometimes I can distract and the feeling goes away … other times I barely make it to the potty. I need to have a root canal and a separate implant put in. The dentist is estimating four hours under Versed sedation. Do they let you come out of sedation to pee? Or do I need to wear a good diaper like a Tykables? Do you think they will discuss it?

Reactions: badger50 and PuppyJames
craigd1341 said:
I have occasional urge incontinence and have to run to the bathroom with short notice. Sometimes I can distract and the feeling goes away … other times I barely make it to the potty. I need to have a root canal and a separate implant put in. The dentist is estimating four hours under Versed sedation. Do they let you come out of sedation to pee? Or do I need to wear a good diaper like a Tykables? Do you think they will discuss it?
You'll have to wear a diaper from what I know, taking you off of sedation isn't ideal and it will be painful.

Reactions: badger50
...I am going to be sedated at the dentist soon too. Some root canals and stuff. I will be under like 2-3 hours? I was not aware of this. I have a really weak bladder from wearing diapers most of the time, I'm not technically incontinent but when I recognize the urge to pee its a real struggle to hold it in... I should probably wear a diaper there? I wasn't planning on it bc I didnt want them to like see it somehow but now I think I will just in case. Better than starving myself of fluids I guess. This thread may have just saved me from some severe embarrassment :p

Reactions: badger50, craigd1341 and PuppyJames
I always wear nappies at the dentist.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Zeke, bdale and 1 other person
Well, i do not had that specific problem, but i was sedated during my colonoscopy, a diaper was not possible, so i chose a condom catheter.

For the dentist and a four hour sedation a diaper would be a problem due to capacity for me, i would have to use a Foley.
A shorter time and i could get along with a good diaper, but i would tell them in this case, same for the catheters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp
Some dentists recommend even non-incontinent wear diapers for procedures where you will be sedated and under for a significant amount of time. A root canal takes about an hour. Not sure how long an implant takes.

Wetshisbed said:
I always wear nappies at the dentist.
I ALWAYS WEAR diapers so I always wear to my dentist or I wouldn’t want to be held responsible for the condition of his chair after I had been in it. Good luck to the OP on your root canal, it’s been nearly 20 years since I had one.

StrawberryPan said:
...I am going to be sedated at the dentist soon too. Some root canals and stuff. I will be under like 2-3 hours? I was not aware of this. I have a really weak bladder from wearing diapers most of the time, I'm not technically incontinent but when I recognize the urge to pee its a real struggle to hold it in... I should probably wear a diaper there? I wasn't planning on it bc I didnt want them to like see it somehow but now I think I will just in case. Better than starving myself of fluids I guess. This thread may have just saved me from some severe embarrassment :p
Oh in that case, id say yes. If you're afraid of your weak bladder, you should be padded. But try not to do it on purpose. That's all I'd have to say.

I just had surgery recently and I wondered about this since general anesthesia was going to be used.
Fortunately I was only under for about 1 hour and the pre-op instructions were definitive as to
when to limit liquid intake. I went wearing just regular underwear and that's all I needed to
wear under the gown. All is well and I'm on the mend but I'm diapered for daytime while
I'm recuperating since getting up and down to the bathroom is quite a challenge for now.
Not a bad thing LOL

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner
BuffedBaby said:
I just had surgery recently and I wondered about this since general anesthesia was going to be used.
Fortunately I was only under for about 1 hour and the pre-op instructions were definitive as to
when to limit liquid intake. I went wearing just regular underwear and that's all I needed to
wear under the gown. All is well and I'm on the mend but I'm diapered for daytime while
I'm recuperating since getting up and down to the bathroom is quite a challenge for now.
Not a bad thing LOL
Glad to see you're doing well. Stay padded my friend.

Reactions: BuffedBaby
I have a question and I don't mean to be Blunt or disrespectful but do you truly have medically diagnosed Urge Incont or are you Diaper Dependent?(on your profile you list yourself as ABDL) Though they can sort of present the same there is a difference between them, the reason I ask is every now and than people claim to be incont but never diagnosed, then present a situation where they really want to wear diaper for whatever and its almost want an approval or be assured its ok. Like even if your diaper dependent or because of wearing diapers you bladder muscle have become weak enough you have the got to goes you need to do what's best for you,

like they way I read this and again I do apologize if it comes across as disrespectful or i am wrong, but I read it as you love to wear diapers and from doing so your bladder is potentially weakened and because your diaper dependent or close to it the procedure your having has the potential where this weakness maybe an issue. Though part of you have already decided your going to wear a diaper the other part is unsure about wearing in a medical environment or public so if those that need to wear diapers, absorbent products, or other means because of a medical need, tell you its ok to wear a diaper your assured its ok.

But here is the thing at the end of the day many people wear diapers or absorbent products for many reason and other people don't know, though my wheelchair helps hide things there are many people that don't know I use them, few yrs ago a movie came out about a quadriplegic and a buddy i have known for 10+ yrs asked some questions like if i had to cath or had a bowel program it was more inquisitive than negative but the point is yes there are some that know but for the most part like i would venture to say 90% don't know and its probably higher, so if your mission is to wear diapers like many people with medical issue do you can do so and with the right measures taken only you will know and as long as you don't say anything they won't know.

Reactions: ltaluv
Back