Daily use diapers that won’t break the bank?

OutspknDegenr8

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Hi, Im relatively new to the abdl community, I indulged a fantasy about a year ago. Recently though I’ve found so much pure comfort from wearing that I want to wear them more often now, but the price of disposables is astronomical. Are cloth pocket diapers viable for daily public use? Or maybe just use pocket diapers for nighttime?

Anyway, thoughts on Cloth pocket diapers for public wear, under office clothes?
Or
Cheapest viable disposable?

Cheapest viable disposable, without a doubt, Tranquility ATN. Reliable, absorbs 32 ounces and does a pretty damn good job keeping you dry as well as your clothing assuming it is changed before the capacity is exceeded. These can still be bought for around $1/each. Places like LLMedico that offer discounts to some people as well as rewards (works out to 2 free cases of Betterdry per year for me, on average) will bring the cost down even further.

Now, the "best bang for the buck" seems to be the Betterdry but it depends where you buy it. With the veteran discount and rewards through LLMedico, these cost me under $2/each. You can get similar absorbency with Tranquility ATN by adding a Tranquility "Super Plus" Contour Booster pad, though unless you wear Size L or larger, stick with the smaller of the 2 Tranquility contour booster pads. You'll come pretty close to similar absorbency and more thickness (if that's what you're looking for) with the ATN + booster pad and you'd be around $1.60 or so each, assuming the discounts.

I can't give you any insights to the ABDL diapers as I won't wear them. There are of course AWESOME diapers from Northshore but they all tend to be on the higher side of $2/each.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I've had to wear for 20 years now and have worn just about every medical diaper on the market, including cloth and waterproof pants.

CptKirk

Reactions: Raven801, Jorelaxed and jcwilliams343
CptKirk said:
Cheapest viable disposable, without a doubt, Tranquility ATN. Reliable, absorbs 32 ounces and does a pretty damn good job keeping you dry as well as your clothing assuming it is changed before the capacity is exceeded. These can still be bought for around $1/each. Places like LLMedico that offer discounts to some people as well as rewards (works out to 2 free cases of Betterdry per year for me, on average) will bring the cost down even further.

Now, the "best bang for the buck" seems to be the Betterdry but it depends where you buy it. With the veteran discount and rewards through LLMedico, these cost me under $2/each. You can get similar absorbency with Tranquility ATN by adding a Tranquility "Super Plus" Contour Booster pad, though unless you wear Size L or larger, stick with the smaller of the 2 Tranquility contour booster pads. You'll come pretty close to similar absorbency and more thickness (if that's what you're looking for) with the ATN + booster pad and you'd be around $1.60 or so each, assuming the discounts.

I can't give you any insights to the ABDL diapers as I won't wear them. There are of course AWESOME diapers from Northshore but they all tend to be on the higher side of $2/each.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I've had to wear for 20 years now and have worn just about every medical diaper on the market, including cloth and waterproof pants.

CptKirk
Thanks for the input!! I’m gonna check those out!

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Tena are also a very strong contender for cheap effective daily diapers, the slip ultima holds a ton and even the maxi and super versions are pretty good if you a little sensible. I can buy a bag of 21 ultima for about £18 or 30 supers for about £16 which is very good value for the amount they hold.

As for your question about pocket cloth diapers though, I would not bother with them for overnight if you have any intention to really wet them, they won't hold that much and are prone to leaking when laying down. For day wear though they are OK but still only really designed for very light to early moderate wetting, if wearing overnight or in the day just for the feel of it with no intention of using them (at least more than the odd dribble) then they are fine.

As an example the last pocket I ever used was able to take 3 pads (and that was kind of pushing it for over stuffing) and would maybe hold around 500ml at a limit without risk of major leaks but even that after a long enough time would spread onto clothing. 500 ml for me is not a full bladder loss (closer to 700ml+), for babies and young children they are great but for adults pocket diapers really are only designed to catch a few dribbles during the day.

The best options for cloth if you intend to use them heavily or for long periods are either pin on prefolds/flats and plastic pants or a fitted diaper and plastic pants, the prefolds and flats are the cheapest option and are really good but the downside is they are very bulky so hey are difficult to wear discreetly they also have a higher learning curve to putting them on properly. Fitted's can be less bulky and are more like a disposable for changing but will cost more.

Another alternative is the pouch style like Threaded Armour which is a great option for discretion, usability and easy of changing, they also wash and dry really easily but they are often more expensive again than fitted's to buy up front (though you end up saving more over time from not using disposables.)

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, littlefun and OutspknDegenr8
Thank you so much!! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for regarding cloth diapers.

I don’t wet at night, usually. So I think I may try a cloth pocket diaper for my nights. Ill check on the tena’s for my daily diaper.

Reactions: Belarin
Kroger overnights, they are pretty decent for an adult pull-up, been wearing them for years 24/7. They just broke $.50 each. 16 pack is around $9

Reactions: littlefun
Dan82318 said:
Kroger overnights, they are pretty decent for an adult pull-up, been wearing them for years 24/7. They just broke $.50 each. 16 pack is around $9
I wear those also. Just started using them a couple months ago. They hold more than most pullups I've used in the past.

OutspknDegenr8 said:
Hi, Im relatively new to the abdl community, I indulged a fantasy about a year ago. Recently though I’ve found so much pure comfort from wearing that I want to wear them more often now, but the price of disposables is astronomical. Are cloth pocket diapers viable for daily public use? Or maybe just use pocket diapers for nighttime?

Or
cloth pocket diapers can be worn out and about and to sleep just about whatever to want to do. you control the bulk based on the number of inserts to place in them. there is an expense up front purchasing them but you keep reusing them. you do have to account for the laundry side of it. i like the cloth pocket diapers Rearz has some great ones. get one or two and wear them around the house to see if you like them.

Reactions: littledub1955
OutspknDegenr8 said:

Or
I pretty much exclusively use tena supers. Where I live they are readily available and I can buy the size I need and one size up to stack for sleeping. I stack them more for the support for the first than anything else. the thickness is nice but if I'm wearing one, it will get destroyed from my rolling and tossing in the night. a second ensures enough between my legs that i can wake up and make it mid morning before i need to try and change and the padding isnt all bunched up and uncomfortable. I have never tried a cloth diaper but I've tried a fair few kinds of medical and abdl diapers and i always go back to the tena supers. If I lived in a place where I could get my hands on tena slips then I would immediately get those. To this day my best experience but they arent sold anywhere close to me anymore.

If you want really cheap ones for short term wear, or like 1 or 2 wets, the Assurance brand from Walmart is what I’ve been using for my public adventures. It was less than 60¢ per diaper

Last edited:
cloth diapers are smelly, they dont hide odor. best you could do for a cheap diaper thats good is probably by medline extended wear or seni brand or tranquility. best bang for the buck when in hard times.

Back