Cute Victorian Child

Seasonedcitizen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I’m on a few vintage photo FB groups and this showed up today.

besides the old photos, I’m addicted to old paintings. Every part has intricate detail.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Love
Reactions: pdiapered, Angelapinks, dogboy and 2 others
The chair is interesting as well.

dogboy said:
The chair is interesting as well.
The Victorian era photographer’s shop had different back drops and props. People would use them in the photos so you can’t assume every well dressed man had a pocket watch and chain. Many studio photos during the American Civil War had soldiers holding guns and knives stuck in their belts. Many were props.

Recently I saw an ornate photographer’s chair that was in a 21st century living room. It looked just as good as it did over 125 years ago.

most people in the Victorian era lived hard lives. Children and adults worked twelve hour days.

Reactions: dogboy and Sissyleslie
They did live hard lives. We had an article either in our local newspaper or the Washington Post talking about this. Not only did they work 12 hour days but also 6 days a week. I guess the money grabbers had to respect the sabbath. The work was dangerous and it often involved young children such as in the garment mills where they made cotton cloth.

dogboy said:
They did live hard lives. We had an article either in our local newspaper or the Washington Post talking about this. Not only did they work 12 hour days but also 6 days a week. I guess the money grabbers had to respect the sabbath. The work was dangerous and it often involved young children such as in the garment mills where they made cotton cloth.
My interest in old photos has shown that life then was tough for all.

Reactions: dogboy
Back