Counseling

IDDiaperboy said:
I had an amazing session with my therapist today. We started off again about my diapers and my voiding diary. My primary doctor sent it to her to read. So she asked me if I wanted to be incontinent. That my diary revealed that I do. I told her that I do want to be incontinent, but at the same time I know I can’t. Because the choice to wear diapers would be gone. She agreed, smiled and said that she knew I wanted to.

I also discussed telling my sister and how that went. I then told her that there is something that I used to do before I got married that I really miss. I told her that before I got married, everyday when I got home for work I would put a diaper on. I said that before bed I usually messed my diaper and I’d change into a fresh diaper, with my pink rhumba plastic panties, a bra with breast forms and my snap footed pajamas. I’d drink a bottle, pop in my binky and go to bed. Then I’d wake up and usually drink a bottle of formula before I started my day.

She asked if my wife knew about that and I said no. I said that there is no way that she would let it happen. So we talked about that.

Then I brought up my deep and strong desire to have breasts. She asked, “like become a woman?” I told her that for as long as I remember I’ve wanted nice C/D cup breasts. I told her about my recurring dream where I’m laying in a hospital bed wearing a bright pink diaper surrounded by my parents and my wife. I was waiting to go get implants. After the surgery, my parents had me open a gift and it was my first bra....matching my pink diaper.

Then I told her that my entire life I’ve wanted to be a woman. That I started cross dressing when I was old enough to be left alone. I’d wear my sister’s clothes and attempt makeup.

So this took most of the session and she said we would discuss this during our next session. She said she was so happy that I opened up to her and started talking about it. I told her that if I had my family’s support, I’d get implants tomorrow or start hormones.

Anyway, it was great and I felt so relieved.
I would like to get a therapist for anxiety and depression but idk how am able to know if I can tell a therapist about my diaper desires. can you please tell me all the details of how exactly to get a trustworthy therapist that I know I can talk about my diaper desires with,please?!

Reactions: TigerDL
IDDiaperboy said:
I would never want to change my love for diapers. There are a few things about me that I want I talk about. One being that I want I wear diapers all the time, to the point that I’ve been really close to telling friends and family. Second, I am a straight guy who is attracted to trans woman. I’ve been with one and I found out that I am a bottom and I absolutely love it. The third is that while I don’t want to dress as a woman, I want to wear bras with my diapers and actually have breasts. My wife doesn’t know that, but she knows the others.

I personally feel like I am the weirdest person. Sometimes it gets me so depressed. I just want tools to help deal with them. I want breasts so bad but no one in my life would understand, let alone accept it.

I've had dreams where I was laying down on a hospital bed wearing nothing but a pink diaper Surrounded by my wife and parents. I was being pushed into the OR to get my implants. Then I’m back in my room opening up gifts from everyone that were all different kinds of bras. It’s such a let down when I wake up.
You are not weird.. I feel the same way you do, except with feet. I have a major foot fetish. I have done the same things you have done. I have been to many therapists, and many say it is okay. You are lucky to be married. I am not, and have had a hard time staying with partners long term, because I have a hard time connecting with them. Anyhow... you are normal. Many of us have the same feelings.

Be careful! Make sure your therapist is licensed in the state you live in. Get copies of inform and consent forms and sign them before your session. Be careful of a theripist that wants a large some of money before your session. Is this help or greed? Be careful of a theripist that would encourage diaper lover websites. The sites post what you comment on the internet. Question if this would in danger your privacy and confidentiality. I have had great counselors but make sure you get one that is following the law and really has your best interest when they are your counselor.

Last edited:
Prilla50 said:
I'm really enjoying reading this thread. I'd love to speak to a councillor about diapers regression and some other things but it's hard to find a good one.
There some good counselors that have helped me with my being a cloth diaper lover. I was told there nothing wrong with what I where at night and in private. It makes me feel better and it a comfort. I do not bother anyone.

friendlylil said:
I would like to get a therapist for anxiety and depression but idk how am able to know if I can tell a therapist about my diaper desires. can you please tell me all the details of how exactly to get a trustworthy therapist that I know I can talk about my diaper desires with,please?!
read my comment.

I have to say that I LOVE my therapist. I have been seeing her for about the last year and it has made so much difference. Its easy working with her because in the community she is known as the "Diaper Doctor" so she specializes in ABDL and knows her stuff. She just recently published her second book, this time specifically for ABDL and ABDL partners called You're not broken and even if you aren't seeking a therapist, in my opinion it is the one book every ABDL needs to read. She may be harder to get in with because she speaks at the cons and is on tons of ABDL podcasts and panels, but if you need a therapist you can openly talk to, she may not be cheap but is worth every penny.

Here is her direct site - Dr Rhoda Lipscomb

when ever I want to talk about my diaper practice and demean it, he says get ofer it. Who /cares? who does it hurt ? Just wear it if you want.

Reactions: siysiy
Babyspace1947 said:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience seeking counseling as an adult related to their diaper use? I am strictly a diaper lover, and I would like to see what they say.

Also, is there anyway that a counselor would actually request diapers, kinda like prescribing? I don’t want free diapers, just asking.
I would free diapers, yea.

Ok, I know referral to the Urologists and then If you are really lucky you might get some medical ones.

as for counselling, I will be getting some in January next year but for me, it has to do with my mental health, diaper-wearing and my overactive bladder is all connected.

so any way why do you need to talk to a counsellor about what underpants you have on.? just wondering

hugs

Well as a counselor I can tell you that therapist hear a lot of things that would be considered weird and often horrible/sad. So being told you like to wear diapers would be be of much concern unless it is causing you a lot of distress. In fact the therapist probably won't focus on unless it is cuasing you significant distress.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
When looking for a therapist:

• Make sure their licensed in the state you live in.
  • They handle your issues.
  • Look for an MFT or sex therapist.
  • Look for websites for the counselor you are considering. This will give you information about counselors that you are considering for therapy.

Reactions: Sidewinder
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but a couple of good referral organizations are:

I wouldn't doubt that there are others too. I can't tell you how much having a knowledgeable therapist helped me.

siysiy said:
I would free diapers, yea.

Ok, I know referral to the Urologists and then If you are really lucky you might get some medical ones.

as for counselling, I will be getting some in January next year but for me, it has to do with my mental health, diaper-wearing and my overactive bladder is all connected.

so any way why do you need to talk to a counsellor about what underpants you have on.? just wondering

hugs
Hay up date on my mental health the psychotherapy counselling really helped giving me tools to cope with me being me.

Plus the anti depressants helped.

As for wearing diapers they see it as one of the tools I use for coping.

Did you go to see anyone? What happened?

Hugs

• Look for websites for the counselor you are considering. This will give you information about counselors that you are considering for therapy.

Clothdiaperman said:

In the uk you have two choices NHS hurry up and weight or private with private you can be more pick make sure that thay cover what you needs.
Wear the NHS is more of take it or go with out.

I've been in therapy since I was a kid. I'm profoundly IC and my mother put me in therapy because I was having a hard time dealing with having to wear diapers. I became much better since the beginning. I still see here though it's only one a month. Coping with IC and having to wear diapers has helped. I'd recommend this if you're IC. I can't comment about abdl. That would be completely different.

I have just concluded my therapy. I found a lovely agent of calm and care. I gifted them amongst other things DR Rhoda’s ‘book your not broken’ most of the gifts were thank yous but the book was mostly to help them should any future ABDL’s visit them needing help. They helped me massively and had never herd of ABDL before.

When I brought up I was ABDL it was the one of the top scariest things I had ever done. I remember they where discussing another client (no names etc) showing me that my problems where not so bad (trying to give perspective.) I remember thinking well just you wait I’m a real nutter butter I love nappies. When she was finished with her perspective story I launched the truth bomb at her. It turned out to be of no concern to her although I was defiantly her first.

My issues where never really ABDL related but I did feel a need to give her a picture of me. The book is my micro gift to our community should any future ABDL come to her asking for help.

• Love
Reactions: PNW509Little
MonkeyBomb said:
I have just concluded my therapy. I found a lovely agent of calm and care. I gifted them amongst other things DR Rhoda’s ‘book your not broken’ most of the gifts were thank yous but the book was mostly to help them should any future ABDL’s visit them needing help. They helped me massively and had never herd of ABDL before.

When I brought up I was ABDL it was the one of the top scariest things I had ever done. I remember they where discussing another client (no names etc) showing me that my problems where not so bad (trying to give perspective.) I remember thinking well just you wait I’m a real nutter butter I love nappies. When she was finished with her perspective story I launched the truth bomb at her. It turned out to be of no concern to her although I was defiantly her first.

My issues where never really ABDL related but I did feel a need to give her a picture of me. The book is my micro gift to our community should any future ABDL come to her asking for help.
Her books both helped me a ton early on in me venturing into a world that I didn't know existed and the emotions that came with it. Like you, I think that book and her No More Hiding are must reads. She is even more amazing as a therapist, but for most, the books are a great start!

Babyspace1947 said:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience seeking counseling as an adult related to their diaper use? I am strictly a diaper lover, and I would like to see what they say.

Also, is there anyway that a counselor would actually request diapers, kinda like prescribing? I don’t want free diapers, just asking.
Hey there,

I just finished a three month long therapy subscription with better help. I was really scared at first to discuss my diaper fetish (I'm also strictly a DL) with them but my therapist was really great about it and very unjugemental. The therapy really helped, especially with the shame my fetish brings me. I would highly recommend it😌

I went to a couple of different therapist. I am a cloth diaper lover and nothing else. I was told there is nothing wrong. If there a comfort, pleasure, make me feel better with my anxiety problem, and have helped me avoid an STD than, I should not be embarrasses or afraid. I should be enjoying it. I am not hurting anyone. I use deaccession as to who knows, I am a diaper lover. I went to a couple of sessions because my wanting to wear more often is growing, I love being in doubled cloth diaper, pins, and clear plastic pants, The therapist help me with issues of being discovered and what to say if this were to happen, wanting to wear 24/7 , shame and embossment issues, and stigma issues. I am a diaper lover that's all.
I do say make sure you read inform and consent paper work. Most importantly sign a confidentiality agreement before talking to any therapist. Make sure they have a masters in phycology, licensed therapist in the sate you live in. They are MFT, LCSW, or an LPC at the least. Check out the therapist you are considering, Go on line and cheek out their websites. go to google enter in names of the therapist you are considering and look at their reviews and rating comments. Email them and briefly tell them you have diaper fetish. What was their response? What is their rate for a 50 minute session? What was their attitude or demeaner when they made contact with you? A lot of therapist will not deal with you when they find out your a diaper lover and some will only deal with you when you are willing to spend two hindered dollars a session or more. In my opinion, this is greed, not help, and you should keep looking for a therapist. There are good therapist. You just have to do research.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppers89, stuckin60s, Sidewinder and 1 other person
Back