Cost of diapers

Unicycleman

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I know the price of everything is going through the roof, but the cost of diapers is going up very fast as far as I can see. Last Apr. I ordered some MegaMax from Northshore because we were expecting company and my wife didn't want the mess of my cloth diapers that I have worn at night for years, with friends around. The MegaMax turned out to be the best disposable diaper I have ever worn, and so my wife continued to order them for me after our friends left.

Well the last order we did in Nov. of this year, was higher then the order we did a couple of months before that, and now I see they have gone up even more since then in only 3 weeks. They are now $20 more for a case then when I first ordered them. I am retired and on a fixed income, so I will probably have to go back to my cloth diapers when the two cases I have left are used. My wife won't be happy, but if we can't afford them thats all we can do.

Are there others who are getting concerned about this?

I'm not concerned for the same reasons, but I have noticed the cost is significantly higher but I figured it was just due to the amount of time that's gone by since I last purchased. It actually motivated me to use cloth instead of spending money on disposables. The upfront costs are much, but since I only wear for fun, it is worth it to me and just have disposables as back up or something. Since I'm not incontinent, it's hard for me to justify spending so much on a pack of "good diapers"

I also think about that from time to time.

I order diapers once a month, which are then always so 90 pieces. Then I also have to look at the price. I find BetterDry/Crinklz the best in terms of price and performance.

The Northshore MegaMax are great as you say, but also crazy expensive.

Possibly looking for other disposable diapers as an alternative?

It'll all go back down when covid and supply shortages end... ETA: ?????

ronnieM said:
It'll all go back down when covid and supply shortages end... ETA: ?????
If we let Netflix run the next pandemic it will be better, they never let anything go to its third season

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: Tetra, leterrip, CheekyCharlie and 2 others
I’m hoping it’s only because shipping is SOO pricey for containers right now - so anything coming from China or raw materials from aboard (literally almost everything …). Praying it comes down soon because I’m also on disability and fixed income, luckily not in continent but that also means it’s VERY difficult to be able to get any (even goodnites are $1 a piece). So even though my anxiety does the best with regular wearing it, it’s getting harder and harder to get any. I have a few cloth but have major issues with leaks, smells and too thick with living with someone who disagrees.

and it’s hard enough to pay for everything I need need - like food and cat supplies.

These are the most cost-effective adult diapers that I know of. The first two columns show the amount of absorbency you get per dollar. Ignore the first item since I don't think the classic Abena M4/L4 is still available.

If you're able to use baby diapers or child pull-ups as stuffers, you can get a lot more bang for the buck, as shown in this table. You might be able to do even better if you keep an eye out for sales.

Unfortunately, I only see inflation continuing to rise.

It's been about three years since I bought diapers retail. About once a week i hit the thrift stores. I may not always get my first choice of brands, but the price is about one third of retail.

Back