Convert a Nappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So into this idea, as I think it would be nice to wear baby diapers once in a while. Celticbabyboy, you mentioned your mark 2 aimed to fix the rise, what did you change on it to fix this?

Being in the US, it would be about $53. A little steep but I might just have to try this! Does it really take approx. a month to get delivered to the US like it says on ebay?

That is an awesome idea! And I suppose those that wish they could still wear pampers, huggies, etc, can do it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. Still getting a steady stream of orders.

The way I have dealt with the rise issue is by making the front panel a couple of inches taller so that it comes right up to your waist like normal underwear. The nappy still covers everything it needs to between your legs and part-way up the front. Having a higher waistline makes the fit better and reduces the tension on the side elastic and nappy tapes. It is all-round a better solution. It just feels like normal underwear or a pull-up to wear, but less itchy that a drynites/goodnights, and the sides never stretch out of shape or eventually split like drynites do after a few hours. It is the only underwear I wear now.

In terms of shipping, I put 5 days for dispatch because I'm making these to order and need time to make them after they are ordered, in the size and colour requested. Shipping to the US should take about a week (after dispatch) I believe, I have no idea why eBay would be saying longer than that.

Thanks guys,
ConvertUps Maker

Hi Guys,

Apologies for being offline for a few days, I've been making ConvertUps non-stop (I've renamed them from Convert-A-Nappy to ConvertUps as it's less of a mouthful and more accurate and diaper/nappy agnostic).

Have been getting so many orders that I've run out of materials and I've had to increase the price slightly because the new materials I've bought cost more than the older stock that I had. I've also got to factor in a realistic level of compensation for my time; they take a while to make each, and I do each one custom to the specific requirements of the buyer.

I've just started doing a bespoke pink one with frills and ruffles on the front. That's going to be an interesting challenge. I've also found some cartoon print fabric that I can add to the front if anyone fancies that. That'll be a bespoke order in the drop-down.

I'll post a picture of that one once I'm finished.

Thanks guys!

This seems like a really good idea, I've sort of outgrown baby diapers and I could never really fit into Huggies but now they don't do them in the UK

What waist sizes will your invention accommodate?

cm90210 said:
What waist sizes will your invention accommodate?

Hi,

We do different sizes:

Medium will do a 26 to 30 inch waist
Large will do a 32 to 38 inch waist
XL is for 38 inch+ waists - largest request we've had is 46 inch waist and the XL was fine for that.

We make each ConvertUp to order, so we can go larger if required. The waist bands are separate and attach via adjustable velcro, so we can make them as long as required.

I hope that helps. Most orders we've had so far have been for large, followed by medium and finally we've had a few XL orders.

White is rapidly becoming the most popular colour, which has surprised me.

We do Pink/Girls, Blue/Boys and White as standard colours, and we can do bespoke in almost any colour or design that we can get hold of.

Hope this helps, thanks for your interest,
ConvertUps

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add that we've shipped to Denmark, USA, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, Japan and New Zealand! Pretty cool :)

celticbabyboy said:
White is rapidly becoming the most popular colour, which has surprised me.

You're not alone. Look at bambino, fabine, snuggies, and abu. ALL of them came out with patterened diapers, and ALL of them got a flood of requests for an all-white version, and it was always a hit. You're not alone here. Everyone seems to get the same surprise.

Patterns are cute, and have specific appeal. But white, it looks more like the diaper we all have been wanting, the one we remember from the past, and so the appeal is universal. (on a disposable, it's also the perfect canvas for diaper tapes) They're also easier to pass off as an IC diaper than an AB/DL/DF diaper if spotted, or perhaps even not noticed at all if distantly or only slightly exposed. There's so many benefits.

bambinod said:
You're not alone. Look at bambino, fabine, snuggies, and abu. ALL of them came out with patterened diapers, and ALL of them got a flood of requests for an all-white version, and it was always a hit. You're not alone here. Everyone seems to get the same surprise.

Patterns are cute, and have specific appeal. But white, it looks more like the diaper we all have been wanting, the one we remember from the past, and so the appeal is universal. (on a disposable, it's also the perfect canvas for diaper tapes) They're also easier to pass off as an IC diaper than an AB/DL/DF diaper if spotted, or perhaps even not noticed at all if distantly or only slightly exposed. There's so many benefits.

I guess so, I've made a white one for myself this weekend and it looks great. It emphasises the cartoons and writing on my Pampers to have the plain white ConvertUp panel.

Are there any other colours that people would like? I thought of doing a clear or white plastic design, but that might be a bit hot and uncomfortable to wear, and not as strong as the cotton. I might make a prototype and see how I it works out.

Any other ideas for a design?

celticbabyboy said:
I guess so, I've made a white one for myself this weekend and it looks great. It emphasises the cartoons and writing on my Pampers to have the plain white ConvertUp panel.

Are there any other colours that people would like? I thought of doing a clear or white plastic design, but that might be a bit hot and uncomfortable to wear, and not as strong as the cotton. I might make a prototype and see how I it works out.

Any other ideas for a design?

Do you have any idea when you will have some more large's available in white as it's not on the drop down menu on your listing
Also are they all v2's now with the higher rise ??

Bby said:
Do you have any idea when you will have some more large's available in white as it's not on the drop down menu on your listing
Also are they all v2's now with the higher rise ??

Hi,

I just replied to your message. You were looking at the listing for our kids sizes I think. I sent you the item ID for our main listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281910121246

We have all sizes and colours available there. We do a separate listing for kids which doesn't list the adult sizes and doesn't mention ABDL, etc. as that might confuse parents. We sell them to convert regular nappies into pullups for potty training and bed wetting kids, and we do the larger sizes to allow adults to wear baby nappies for ABDL reasons or just to save money vs adult nappies and drynites/goodnites, etc.

Hi,

Just wrote a longer reply but it's sitting with moderators because it included the URL to buy the adult sizes. You sent your question from a link for the kids size listing. I've sent you the correct item ID, it's linked at the top of this discussion. All sizes and colours are available there.

All sales now the the latest design. All the old design stock was sold a long time ago. I've kept one of the older design along with all the prototypes as they may be interesting to look back on one day.

I was out all day today wearing a ConvertUps. I started the day in a Pampers Size 6 and peed in it quite heavily after two coffees. I had two spare Tesco own brand (6+) and I changed myself into one. I then had a few more drinks and used that one as well. I ended up in my last Tesco nappy so we called into Asda on the way home and got a pack of the Little Angels size 6+ and I'm now wearing one of those. It fits into the ConvertUp perfectly and is actually bigger than Pampers or Tesco. Feels really good.

I've now tried pretty much all brands that I could get my hands on: Pampers, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Boots. I still need to try the Mamia brand from Aldi, it gets a lot of good write ups.

It's so liberating to be able to wear proper nappies and have no hassle finding them anywhere. They are really comfortable with the ConvertUp and I genuinely forget that I'm wearing it. Much better than Drynites. I can wear a Pampers for 2 or 3 days if I want, the tapes and velcro hold up and they don't get stretched like Drynites. They also hold a surprising amount. It has been life changing. And at 12-14p each vs. drynites or adult nappies, it's a big cost saving too.

Last edited by a moderator:
celticbabyboy said:
Hi,

Just wrote a longer reply but it's sitting with moderators because it included the URL to buy the adult sizes. You sent your question from a link for the kids size listing. I've sent you the correct item ID, it's linked at the top of this discussion. All sizes and colours are available there.

All sales now the the latest design. All the old design stock was sold a long time ago. I've kept one of the older design along with all the prototypes as they may be interesting to look back on one day.

I was out all day today wearing a ConvertUps. I started the day in a Pampers Size 6 and peed in it quite heavily after two coffees. I had two spare Tesco own brand (6+) and I changed myself into one. I then had a few more drinks and used that one as well. I ended up in my last Tesco nappy so we called into Asda on the way home and got a pack of the Little Angels size 6+ and I'm now wearing one of those. It fits into the ConvertUp perfectly and is actually bigger than Pampers or Tesco. Feels really good.

I've now tried pretty much all brands that I could get my hands on: Pampers, Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Boots. I still need to try the Mamia brand from Aldi, it gets a lot of good write ups.

It's so liberating to be able to wear proper nappies and have no hassle finding them anywhere. They are really comfortable with the ConvertUp and I genuinely forget that I'm wearing it. Much better than Drynites. I can wear a Pampers for 2 or 3 days if I want, the tapes and velcro hold up and they don't get stretched like Drynites. They also hold a surprising amount. It has been life changing. And at 12-14p each vs. drynites or adult nappies, it's a big cost saving too.

Celticbabyboy what is your favourite nappy to use with these now then ?? And out of what brands ?? I will be purchasing a pair of these and was thinking what nappy to use with it ?

Bby said:
Celticbabyboy what is your favourite nappy to use with these now then ?? And out of what brands ?? I will be purchasing a pair of these and was thinking what nappy to use with it ?

My favourite nappy is Pampers Size 6+ but I find the Asda Little Angels 6+ size that I bought yesterday is bigger and wider at the back, they also have stronger elastic and tapes than the Pampers ones. We can't get Huggies in the UK anymore so I can't comment on those.

The only nappies I've used that I didn't really like were Sainsbury's - they didn't seem good quality and the elastic stretches out of shape within a few hours.

thats just awesome!!!!

omg your name is like my name D:

Hi
has there been a big price increase on the large size or maybe I'm looking at a multiple deal. I had watched this on ebay at £37 but it seems to have changed to about £52?

sambus said:
Hi
has there been a big price increase on the large size or maybe I'm looking at a multiple deal. I had watched this on ebay at £37 but it seems to have changed to about £52?

Hi Guys,

Apologies but we've had to put the price up due to our main supplier having run out of supplies. We have been forced to buy from a much more expensive source in the short term, to cope with the demand, which was much higher than we anticipated.

The auction finishes in about 15 minutes and we will not be re-listing until next month, once we have supplies and a slicker manufacturing process in place. I am going to re-list the auction with zero stock until that is in place, as we have had a lot of interest and want to give people somewhere to watch online. We are also getting a website set up which will offer slightly lower prices, as we can cut out paypal and eBay fees.

Thanks to everyone for your interest. You can still buy now, for the next 10-15 mins, then I anticipate it being mid-March by the time we have some stock in and we've processed the backlog of orders we've received.

Thanks all,
ConvertUps

celticbabyboy said:
Hi Guys,

Apologies but we've had to put the price up due to our main supplier having run out of supplies. We have been forced to buy from a much more expensive source in the short term, to cope with the demand, which was much higher than we anticipated.

The auction finishes in about 15 minutes and we will not be re-listing until next month, once we have supplies and a slicker manufacturing process in place. I am going to re-list the auction with zero stock until that is in place, as we have had a lot of interest and want to give people somewhere to watch online. We are also getting a website set up which will offer slightly lower prices, as we can cut out paypal and eBay fees.

Thanks to everyone for your interest. You can still buy now, for the next 10-15 mins, then I anticipate it being mid-March by the time we have some stock in and we've processed the backlog of orders we've received.

Thanks all,
ConvertUps

That's great celticbabyboy, thanks for the explanation

tibsy

Hi Guys,

Our website is now live and we are on Twitter and Facebook. convertups.com is the site.

Sales are not yet open, but we'll be starting sales in early March. You can sign up for our mailing list and be the first to know when we open up for sales.

We will also be re-listing on eBay soon.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back