Consistently leaking when sitting

wackoreese

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I'm plagued with an issue where no matter how good of a seal I get around the legs and how much I control the stream, I always leak within 1-3 wettings without fail. Went to see a movie earlier and had 2 15~ pees that didn't feel like a flood and yet I walked out with 2 wet spots on the back of my shorts. I'm also pointing the member straight down so it's not pointing to the side. It's a frustrating experience when it seems almost everyone I know doesn't have this issue happen to them. What could I possibly being doing wrong?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Better diapers would help. (y)

Reactions: LittleTyke, littledub1955, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
It happens with trests and megamaxes too. I'm clueless.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, PadPhilosopher and BigAl2
Wow that is strange.

Try pointing up or at least straight out, if feasible.

• Thinking
The padding is to close to the edge of the back sheet behind the legs on most Chinese diapers. They also don’t wick very well.

Reactions: littledub1955, Joediaper and PadPhilosopher
I don't like MegaMax for this reason. I find that the way they fit me, and the way they wick, causes leg leaks. I much prefer their Supremes, but have been happily using the much less expensive Tranquility ATNs, sometimes with a Tranquility Topline Contour booster. You're going to have to experiment until you find what works for you. Just because a product is good doesn't mean it will be good for you.

Reactions: littledub1955, Forced and BigAl2
Are you wetting while sitting or wetting in some other position and then sitting in the wet diaper? Sitting causes leaks quite often since you're pressing down on the SAP, basically squeezing out the pee it has absorbed. It's even worse if you pee while sitting, since the pressure restricts how much the SAP can expand, causing leaks. And if you pee multiple times while sitting in the same position, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I like to distribute the wetness through "diaper yoga", leaning forward for the first few wettings, then standing upright, and then maybe sitting or laying down if it still has the capacity or I'm going to bed soon. If you don't want to go through all this trouble, even at least peeing while standing upright should help with press-out leaks compared to peeing while sitting.

I used to experience press-out leaks quite a bit, so I bought reusable mats/pads to put on my chair to absorb any leaks. But I know that's probably not realistic for going out to like a movie. Perhaps a diaper cover would help prevent leaks from reaching your pants and becoming visible.

• Wow
So,

Megamax, then a pair of cotton briefs over the diaper and finally a diaper cover over the whole thing.

Yes you can get some drips (usually not much at all) around the legs or opening for various reasons, from pressout to just a slightly open spot or even just for no reason you can figure out.

SO, the few drops that get by the diaper will get in between the diaper and diaper cover(waterproof) and soaked up to keep it from just traveling around by the cotton briefs.

This works for me like all but 1-2 times a year, and this is both sitting (i use a wheelchair) and sleeping where i might get a tiny tiny spot once a year, and yes I wear 24/7 and IC.

So, there is no 100% perfect seal on a diaper, this gives you the backup to catch the small spots at the back of the pants or similar small leaks and saves your day for sure.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
Sure, press out leaks happen to all of us on occasion when, at least for me, I have misjudged how soaked I was, but this is thankfully rare. I can be wet for as long as 12 hours without a leak. I would be curious to know your solution, but the only advice I can give is a booster inside your diaper and of course plastic pants. Know your diaper's capacity and your wetting habits. The laws of physics and fluid dynamics will always win.

• Love
Reactions: Ortler, LittleTyke, littledub1955 and 1 other person
TigerDL said:
Are you wetting while sitting or wetting in some other position and then sitting in the wet diaper? Sitting causes leaks quite often since you're pressing down on the SAP, basically squeezing out the pee it has absorbed. It's even worse if you pee while sitting, since the pressure restricts how much the SAP can expand, causing leaks. And if you pee multiple times while sitting in the same position, that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I like to distribute the wetness through "diaper yoga", leaning forward for the first few wettings, then standing upright, and then maybe sitting or laying down if it still has the capacity or I'm going to bed soon. If you don't want to go through all this trouble, even at least peeing while standing upright should help with press-out leaks compared to peeing while sitting.

I used to experience press-out leaks quite a bit, so I bought reusable mats/pads to put on my chair to absorb any leaks. But I know that's probably not realistic for going out to like a movie. Perhaps a diaper cover would help prevent leaks from reaching your pants and becoming visible.
If it's waterproof it would.

littledub1955 said:
If it's waterproof it would.
In my experiences with diaper covers, if you leak enough then the water will pool and find a way out through the leg cuffs, either by soaking the fabric (for PUL pants), or just sneaking through one of the crinkles from the elastic. But BigBabybret's suggestion is good, adding an absorbent layer like briefs between the cover and diaper would provide a little bit of absorption to prevent leaks out the leg cuffs.

Reactions: littledub1955 and PadPhilosopher
I find that I leak out the side or top if I'm sitting. When I sit I tend to lean forward because I sit quite straight-up so there is a lot of compression from the pelvic floor and the seat so the liquid poolsandrises up the front. The first and second wets are fine, but from the third I have to stand as I start to wet so that it can run to the back.

I use ID slip max during the day and have a desk job, ao lots of sitting and. I wear 24/7 because I'm IC

I have found that a Toddler Pre-Fold Cloth Diaper instead of a Disposable one (which Swell when Wet) and can cause leaks.
Been adding a cloth booster every night and haven't had any leaks.

TigerDL said:
In my experiences with diaper covers, if you leak enough then the water will pool and find a way out through the leg cuffs, either by soaking the fabric (for PUL pants), or just sneaking through one of the crinkles from the elastic. But BigBabybret's suggestion is good, adding an absorbent layer like briefs between the cover and diaper would provide a little bit of absorption to prevent leaks out the leg cuffs.
I agree.

Reactions: TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
I use 60 × 15 cm booster pads, especially at night. If I don't expect to be going anywhere the next day (I work from home), then I add two boosters to my nighttime diaper, which is a Tena Slip Active Fit Ultima. I really need to soak it badly for sitting-leaks to happen. And that's after wearing it all night.

I'm a developer, so I am a highly experienced sitter. 😉

Reactions: Ortler and PadPhilosopher
TigerDL said:

This is wetting while sitting. I don't often wet standing right before sitting.

Back