ConfiDry, maker of Dry 24/7

PaddedMI

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Wanted to share some news with the community. I have a few connections in the industry and was informed early this afternoon that ConfiDry, the maker of Dry 24/7 has went out of business. No specific reason was offered, but I had heard from many that the most recent shipment had a significant drop in quality. I also don't know how this will impact current inventory with the supply on hand with vendors like XP or LL. For those who use them, you have my sympathy. Having a trusted product that you are comfortable with is such a game changer and I hate seeing you scrambling too replace them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, HereWeGo2169, BunnyFofo and 3 others
By LL do u mean LLmedico?

Reactions: Diprs2, PaddedRita and PaddedMI
never got to try these but heard good things. Obviously before the quality drop.
They were just to pricy in my area

Reactions: Diprs2
That stinks. The first version that I used over 14 years ago was an absolutely fantastic diaper. They started going down hill with version 2.0, which came out 8 or 9 years ago. I was offered to beta test them and it was clear they were going south even back then.

Reactions: Diprs2, NivekDLF, mayhem and 2 others
I last used them a couple years ago. I always thought the plastic and sides panels were a little stiff. Sad to see them go. I had emailed them last year about the brand and things that could help with market share and they never replied.

Reactions: Diprs2 and mhb53
ShortFirefly said:
Wanted to share some news with the community. I have a few connections in the industry and was informed early this afternoon that ConfiDry, the maker of Dry 24/7 has went out of business. No specific reason was offered, but I had heard from many that the most recent shipment had a significant drop in quality. I also don't know how this will impact current inventory with the supply on hand with vendors like XP or LL. For those who use them, you have my sympathy. Having a trusted product that you are comfortable with is such a game changer and I hate seeing you scrambling too replace them.

Do you have a source for verification? Because the last case I purchased, was perfectly fine in quality with no defects that I could see. The plastic backing they offer is far better than I've seen in other products, too. You may want to check with LLMedico to see if all this is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and SofiaInPampers
Dang. I hope this isn’t true. Their website is still up.

I just wrote them a message...I'll let you know if I get a response. Their website is definitely still up and seemingly operational.

Honeywell6180 said:
Do you have a source for verification? Because the last case I purchased, was perfectly fine in quality with no defects that I could see. The plastic backing they offer is far better than I've seen in other products, too. You may want to check with LLMedico to see if all this is true.
Literally who I was on the phone with.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Magicalgirl101
So I have only been able to find them on Amazon this morning and they are up $40 a case, not looking good.

Screenshot_20230321_072727_Samsung Internet.jpg
inventory running low on Amazon Canada but that price 😯 good grief

ShortFirefly said:
Literally who I was on the phone with.
Also called XP to verify this morning and was told the same thing.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
rothpirate said:
So I have only been able to find them on Amazon this morning and they are up $40 a case, not looking good.

I just ordered two cases of medium on LLMedico. Guess I'll have to hold onto them for the next few decades.

I still have over a month supply but if I have to change, I will. I like Abena as my #2. No big deal.

Reactions: SparkyDog
Honeywell6180 said:
I just ordered two cases of medium on LLMedico. Guess I'll have to hold onto them for the next few decades.
keep hold = mega bucks. Who's next Betterdry or Northshore? Surely Northshore prices are not stainable. They are a ripp off for nappies especially in the UK. £25 for 10 INCON nappies!!

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime and Honeywell6180
I used to love them when they were made in Israel. When they came to the US I noticed a lot of quality issues. Lots of clumping. Hard stuffing. Inconsistent plastic feel.

It’s still sad to see tho.

Edit: I just ordered a case… cuz I’m a hipicrit. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Magicalgirl101
Loved them back when they were made in Israel in 2009 when I bought them. Loved how they swelled with massive pockets of SAP in the rear. I still think they were just as absorbent then as a lot of the newest today. Wish I could get those baby blue colored diapers back today. Miss them so much.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101
That's a shame, one of my main diapers I use! Hopefully some other quality diaper brand will take over their factory or maybe we get a whole new brand that becomes the next big thing! Supposedly the factory they built here in the USA just a few years ago is really nice and top of the line... I've never seen it myself but that's what I've heard.

I did ask an LLMedico representative, and they confirmed that ConfiDry is out of business. I put in an order for two cases, and will probably just keep them as an investment. This is not good.

Reactions: LittleIcePrince and Magicalgirl101
This is truly 💩y.

Back