Coffee Drinkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fruitkitty said:
I'm not really functional without caffeine in the mornings. It's standard for me to down a Starbucks venti iced coffee, which is 300mg, every morning. Iced coffee is the cheapest way to buy caffeine at Starbucks - it's several times as potent as typical coffee by volume and twice as strong as their hot coffee. I generally take my coffee black.

I drink coffee and energy drinks (usually some low-calorie variant of Monster, of which they now have a huge selection) at home. With coffee, I grind the beans fresh, use a french press to brew a double strength batch, then take it iced and black.

ah, I can relate here, I only drink my coffee black when I run out of milk, and its okayish if there is enough sugar, *super unhealthy* ;)

I only drink coffee if it is over ice. I am a huge fan of espresso though. I can be a coffee snob.

Hell yes!! I drink coffee I love waking up and brewing a fresh pot of coffee to start the day!

I like black coffee, but have now got hooked on cappuchino. I like to settle down in the late afternoon, with a cappuchino and a good book, however this is becoming quite addictive.

I absolutely adore coffee. :)

Coffee is like an elixir of life for me, especially the first cup in the morning since my natural blood pressure is slightly too low.
I enjoy the taste very much and I gulp down about 50oz a day. Have to cut it back now though, since I am low on red blood cells.
Coffee contains chemicals, that throttle the bodys absorption of iron and other minerals from your food.

A cup of black coffee, first thing in the morning sets me up for the day. I also like cappuchino, but find this is becoming quite addictive.

3 shots of espresso in the morning, a couple during the day and 3 in the afternoon keeps my headaches at bay!

Must say even though I rarely have it a nice caffe latte with penut butter toast to dunk in it is heaven for me... even moreso if you also have a choc hazelnut croissant to finish it off.

Very best though is imperial stout that has been brewed with cocoa and a good infusion of espresso.

Coffee is a big part of my life just wish I could afford to drink blue mountain all the time.

Every morning I have 2 shots of espresso followed by another cup of coffee in the afternoon. I used to have 4+ cups of coffee per day but I have been trying to cut back lately as I wasn't sleeping well.

One cup of coffee in the morning. The only way to start the day.

I work early mornings for my job and usually have to have several cups before I can even get going. Just regular house blend, either hot or cold depending on the weather, or a hot and iced at the same time will get me going. I stopped drinking espresso based drinks since they usually hype me up so much that I begin to have panic attacks, so just non-espresso coffee. As for energy drinks, when I really need a kick I'll drink the Monster Java. Either Vanilla or Mocha but Vanilla is my favorite of the two.

I usually have a double espresso from my own machine before I leave for work. Then sometimes mid morning I'll go to a local independent cafe and have another. I try to avoid drinking the crap office coffee but sometimes I do anyway.

Regarding pure volume I'm more a tea kind of person. But I absolutely love a nice light roast out of my french press :p
I also touch the usual coffee you get elsewhere as well as espresso and its variants.

I LOVE coffee but sadly I've developed a mild allergy to it over the past few years. It pains me to smell coffee passing a Starbucks or when a co-worker has a cup in front of me. I make up for it by indulging in a lovely array of loose leaf teas. But I drink so irregularly that I don't need it to start my day. Drank a lot more stuff like that back in my college days, as most would :rolleyes:

I love coffee and miss it so much. I had to cut caffeine from my diet completely to manage my anxiety and panic attacks. :(

puppyfat said:
I love coffee and miss it so much. I had to cut caffeine from my diet completely to manage my anxiety and panic attacks. :(

Really?!?
It may be just me, but cutting coffee (caffeine) out of my life would probably cause me to have more anxiety and panic attacks.
Coffee is one of my things that helps me to relax. Although, after all these years, I think I've become immune to caffeine, lol.

PS: No, actually it's a proven fact, quitting coffee has make me more anxious.
Me + no coffee = one unhappy, not very nice girl, especially in the morning. :D

How can people just quit? I tried not having coffee one day and I felt so sick that I had to have my dad bring me a big bubba mug with coffee to me,and having too much coffee does the same thing as well.

MandyBear said:
Really?!?
It may be just me, but cutting coffee (caffeine) out of my life would probably cause me to have more anxiety and panic attacks.
Coffee is one of my things that helps me to relax. Although, after all these years, I think I've become immune to caffeine, lol.

PS: No, actually it's a proven fact, quitting coffee has make me more anxious.
Me + no coffee = one unhappy, not very nice girl, especially in the morning. :D

Haha, well, high caffeine intake is linked to higher anxiety, for people who already have anxiety problems. I was drinking lots of coffee. One, because I love it. Two, because it keeps me going through school stuff. But caffeine made my panic attacks so much worse that it's been worth it to stop drinking coffee, even though I miss it. I've had to adjust my sleeping patterns to compensate, which wasn't easy. Hoping one day I can drink coffee again.

Experiment626 said:
How can people just quit? I tried not having coffee one day and I felt so sick that I had to have my dad bring me a big bubba mug with coffee to me,and having too much coffee does the same thing as well.

I definitely had a withdrawal period. It sucked. But I had to stop... I didn't have much of a choice. It was either stop drinking coffee or worsen my panic attacks. :(

puppyfat said:
Haha, well, high caffeine intake is linked to higher anxiety, for people who already have anxiety problems.

I seriously did not know that???
I've had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a kid. Back then they were dismissed as "growing pains" ..... yah thanks "Doc"
I've never really noticed a drop or rise in my episodes with how much coffee I drink/drank, they have always just been completely random ranging from a few a day to as little as one a month. They never made any sense to me, or any doctor. :(
I was told to not drink as much coffee as I do becasue its just bad for you. I drink LOTS of coffee, more then any one human should, lol.
Its 10:30 at night and I just started a fresh (20oz) cup. My body should be a science experiment, I swear.

Oh, I do have an ungawdly hi tolerance level for everything. Caffeine, medications, liquor, pain, sleep deprivation you name it.

MandyBear said:
I seriously did not know that???
I've had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a kid. Back then they were dismissed as "growing pains" ..... yah thanks "Doc"
I've never really noticed a drop or rise in my episodes with how much coffee I drink/drank, they have always just been completely random ranging from a few a day to as little as one a month. They never made any sense to me, or any doctor. :(
I was told to not drink as much coffee as I do becasue its just bad for you. I drink LOTS of coffee, more then any one human should, lol.
Its 10:30 at night and I just started a fresh (20oz) cup. My body should be a science experiment, I swear.

A lot of people don't know! It was news to me. How the heck are anxiety attacks "growing pains"? Doctor, no. Doctor, you had one job. Doctor, please. But yeah, whether or not coffee is good or bad for you in general seems to be this huge debate among ~le scientists~ and I'm not informed enough on the issue to make a judgment call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back