Coffee: Diaper Rash's Best Friend

sidewinder400

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've had lots of problems dealing with diaper rash for the past 10 years. I've thrown every kind of cream, oil, and powder at it. So far, Shea butter is best for treatment and Desitin is the best for prevention. The only thing I'm not willing to do is give up my coffee to probably get rid of the rash entirely. Going to switch to decaf this week and ween myself off. I've been a heavy coffee drinker for a long time and headaches are to be expected in the weeks to follow.

Reactions: Angelapinks and sport1
Boudreaux's Butt Paste Diaper Rash Ointment

Boudreaux's Butt Paste

Diaper Rash Ointment​

For us this has been the best for coffee and orange juice diaper rash prevention and after care

I was under the assumption that there are 3 types of diaper rashes: contact rash from a wet diaper rubbing on skin (to lose or to tight of a diaper causes chaffing, especially when wet.
PH issues from either bowl or urine - staying in a dirty or wet diaper to long, also the type of foods you eat can contribute to it.
Yeast base rash - your skin has yeast on it, usually due to diet / health, because its in a warm, moist, dark environment the yeast grows and causes discomfort, red patches, when dry it turns into dry skin, sort of flakey.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
I too would not give up coffee even in a diaper.

Reactions: NewLeaf
BobNcloth said:
For us this has been the best for coffee and orange juice diaper rash prevention and after care
I am just a long-term diaper wearer who knows what works best for me and friends.

Reactions: sport1
I don't get more than a mild inch when I'm wet usually in the morning. I don't know if it's just my good luck or My diet. I drink lots of coffee but I generally don't eat any sugar or carbs only meat and dairy. I think it probably helps with yeast and possibly pH infections but probably not the other

A lot of rash creams will ruin diapers. More so if they are petroleum based, Vaseline is a cover destroyer.

Reactions: NewLeaf
I drink quite a bit of coffee but honestly rarely encounter any rash issues, even after being asleep in the same diaper/booster for 18-20 hours. I do use A&D "Prevent" diaper rash ointment before going to bed and again, might have a slight itchiness 5-10x/year and I wet like someone left the garden hose on overnight just about every single time I doze off, even for a powernap.

Is mineral oil safe? I have no real experience with creams, but if I keep wearing more often I'm afraid I might start a rash... I just use mineral oil (sometimes) and baby powder (always).

My uses desitine maximum protection on my rear area and aquaphor advanced therapy for my front and outside sides of my hips near my pelvic bone to eliminate chaffing, just small amounts rubbed in the skin after I'm dried off from showering.. literally takes 30 seconds to put on and it works well, no diaper breakdown issues.

Back