Cammer

Country Boy Diapered
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I’m not in the market right now for cloth but things may change depending on some things. What’s y’all’s opinion between cloth and Disposable For night time/ daytime accidents? Is one better for night or day? Just having bladder issues and trying to do some research.

Reactions: Diprs2
Cloth is defo better at night as it gives you far more coverage around the sides
Day time at home cloth again
Day time going out use disposables as cloth is bulky and if you need to change you’ll be carrying around a wet diaper

Reactions: Diprs2 and chuck
At home, I typically double diaper with daytime prefolds with plastic pants for bedtime. I use MEGAMAX with a booster if I have company staying over (avoids dealing with washing wet diapers every morning). I always use a MEGAMAX with a booster when away from home for the night.

When my disability is acting up, which means I'm homebound, I double diaper with daytime prefolds with plastic pants during the day. When my disability starts calming down, I use a single prefold stuffed into a PUL pocket diaper.

Cloth diapers are are great for home, if you can easily deal with the wash. They are not discreet, especially if you're a heavy wetter.

When I first became incontinent, every morning my pajamas, bed pad, and bedding were soaked; disposable diapers were not very good. My wife and I made the decision to switch me to cloth and I've hardly ever had a leak. Disposable diapers are a great now, but cloth diapers have better coverage, avoiding side leaks, and are still much cheaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, chuck, Wetshisbed and 1 other person
I am not in the market for disposables a right now

I use almost exclusively cloth and plastic pants at night and disposable with plastic pants during the day

Cloth is fantastic overnight as was mentioned due to thicker better side coverage and adaptability, they are great for daytime too when you do not need discretion, they are harder to hide underclothes so if you're out and about sposies are best for discretion and ease of changing (no need to carry lots of cloth or big heavy wet cloths)

I imagine they would be good for riding though all that padded cushioning between you and the animal but probably not advisable ;).

I definitely agree with @parcelboy2 . All I would add is that when I was dealing with fecal IC I used a disposable covered by cloth at night to make clean up easier.

I agree with the previous comments. Being totally IC, I wear cloth diapers at night with rubber pants. During the day good disposables with plastic pants. And during the summer for the beach or pool, pull-up cloth swim pants with snap on plastic pants. The snap on plastic pants keep the water from ballooning up when you leave the water.

The cloth diapers that I use nearly exclusively are cotton gauze Contour ll’s from AdultClothDaiaper.com. They’re a 4/10/4 ply contour diaper that comes with a 10 ply soaker pad. I try to buy them when ACD has them on one of their month long sales which gives them a 15% discount. This combined with the volume discount that they give for 4 or more brings the price down to a little over $18 each. I augment their absorbency by sometimes double diapering, adding a folded terry bath towel as a soaker, and by adding a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease cleanup from my fecal IC. Dealing with my dual IC on my SSDI income was very challenging when I was using disposables when I first began experiencing my condition, but then I began thinking about how economically my wife and I had cloth diapered our children and decided to give it a try. Now the only time that I wear disposables (Abena Abri-Form or MegaMax) is when the logistics just aren’t practical for cloth diapers and retaining dirty diapers for the laundry or when I happen to run out of clean cloth diapers for one reason or another. The situation that I’m in is conducive to using cloth being as I don’t have to leave my house often, I have my own laundry facilities, and I’m not working so I don’t have to consider that environment as many others with IC do have to. One other thing that has made my cloth diapering experience better is substituting Snappis for the 3” stainless steel safety pins that I used to use. The Snappis have improved the sagging when wet problem and have allowed me to get creative with the 10 ply soakers placing them around my thighs to eliminate leaks from my sleeping on my side.

I'll be the odd one in the pack, but after trying cloth/washable diapers overnight for a couple of days, they just aren't doing it for me. Perhaps the ones I bought in the past just weren’t good quality ones (I remember they were a bit small as well) but I just found myself very lazy to wash them and experienced a lot of leaks.

That said I’ll probably try again now that I’m in a better environment to actually wash them (I used to have veeeery abusive roommates ><) but with actual good quality ones this time, as it seems to be great on an economical side and environmental as well.

Last edited:
Back