Cloth diaper (pocket) issues with BM accidents.

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I purchased a pocket diaper. I thought it would reduce costs. And it does. Comfortable and less bulky. Laundry isn't that bad. My issue would be wearing a pocket diaper for sleeping. No real problem. I could simply add inserts despite extra thickness. The issue would be having BM's. I mostly mess when sleeping (or the early morning and daytime [rare] accidents). I've already used a contour booster with my disposable diaper. I use Tranquility TopLiner booster (xl 32" x 14" - ~.$.85 per).
I've tried this with the pocket diaper. The contour booster contains nearly most of the stool (95%).

I've been IC since I was a young kid. And I've always used disposables. With costs rising, cloth diapers would reduce disposables' money. Even if I used a disposable booster. Has anyone tried these for containing BM accidents. I've only used these for a couple of times. And they did seem to work. I don't think that laundry is that terrible. I'd just like to know how other IC members use pocket diapers with BM accidents.

I use cloth diapers daily. The best way I found to make cleaning after a BM in a cloth is using disposable liners.

What I use are these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7CNV1XJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

These are disposable exam table liners. Each sheet is really big so I cut them in half and place them as a top liner over my diapers. It covers the cloth diaper completely and does an extremely good job at making it so there's no cleanup, other than rinsing and wringing out the cloth diaper.

They are really like magic and make BM cleanups way--way--easier. They are also durable so they don't tear, even when wet. They are super soft and comfortable, which makes them virtually undetectable when worn with my cloth diapers. I highly recommend using them!

Reactions: CrossfireHurricane
Ferix said:
I use cloth diapers daily. The best way I found to make cleaning after a BM in a cloth is using disposable liners.

What I use are these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7CNV1XJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

These are disposable exam table liners. Each sheet is really big so I cut them in half and place them as a top liner over my diapers. It covers the cloth diaper completely and does an extremely good job at making it so there's no cleanup, other than rinsing and wringing out the cloth diaper.

They are really like magic and make BM cleanups way--way--easier. They are also durable so they don't tear, even when wet. They are super soft and comfortable, which makes them virtually undetectable when worn with my cloth diapers. I highly recommend using them!
Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for. If I cut this in half it would cost ~$.15 cents. I think how comfortable they are is the key. I wouldn't need this during the day as most of my accidents happen while sleeping or the early morning. It says they are breathable so how far it lets wetting go through into the cloth diaper is still to be seen. Amazon makes it sound perfect. I'll let you know. Thanks. Just what I've been looking for.

Reactions: chuck and Ferix
About time
Cloth in my opinion is far superior and so much more economical in comparison to disposables
Of all people to learn from it was my wife.
Making Contoured didee's is not all that hard either you can make daytime and night time didee's to serve the proper purpose
The liners really cut the hassle when it comes to clean up and disposal
Why more aren't doing this I'll never know
My wife told me that is because ppl in general are lazy and look for what they think is the easy way out but in the long run they don't relise till they make the switch they learn there's a difference.
I know that ppl are scared and turned off because of the expense but in the long run its actually cheaper
Just my two cents I tend to believe what my wife said in general ppl are really lazy

I wore disposable liners in my training pants when I was in school. It made changing when I got home from school in the afternoon much easier. Also prevented a lot of skid marks.

Last edited:
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for. If I cut this in half it would cost ~$.15 cents. I think how comfortable they are is the key. I wouldn't need this during the day as most of my accidents happen while sleeping or the early morning. It says they are breathable so how far it lets wetting go through into the cloth diaper is still to be seen. Amazon makes it sound perfect. I'll let you know. Thanks. Just what I've been looking for.
I've been using them for a while. In my experience they let urine through a though quite easily so it's super effective in that regard.

I do want to mention that a singer layer of the fabric will leave some brown marks on the cloth after a bm, but none of the solids. For me, the marks are easily rinsed away with my removable shower head. You could double layer the fabric if you find a single layer isn't enough protection for your tastes.

My cloth diapers are quite big so you may find that you could cut the sheets into smaller segments than half, making them even more cost effective. The sheets are easy to cut, you could cut them as needed. You don't need to open them up fully to cut them, just unfold them length-wise and cut at the middle. Cutting them for me is easy, I stack the sheets in stacks of 20 and cut them with my fabric saw which I have for my crafting business.

babysissyrichie said:
Making Contoured didee's is not all that hard either you can make daytime and night time didee's to serve the proper purpose

Making your own cloth diapers is pretty rewarding. I do it because I get the right size and fit. I can also build my diapers the fabrics and materials I want to use.

Back