Cloth diaper lover supplier....

Cottontail said:
EcoAble is worth a look if you're on the smaller side. They have what seem to be some great designs, but their largest "Extended" size is basically equivalent to an adult medium.
They have revamped their designs and sizing. They now have the 2.0, as they call it, and the medium is the same as the old extended size.

• Wow
Reactions: AliB and Cottontail
Joediaper said:
They have revamped their designs and sizing. They now have the 2.0, as they call it, and the medium is the same as the old extended size.
Oh wow! Thanks for the hot tip! I'll definitely take another look at them--like, right now.

Reactions: Joediaper
Joediaper said:
Thank you so much. 😁 Size comparison is what I was wondering. Im in between a small and medium for Rearz cloth (Leakmaster) prefolds/flats. I usually wear a medium in most abdl disposables.

Most of the places I've bought from have already been mentioned a few times, baby pants, babykins, adultclothdiaper, rearz, cuddlz, drylife, ecoable, changing times, etsy, amazon, garywear...

Threaded armor has been my latest test and I'm very happy with them as a day time wear, very expensive though.

I've mostly been making my own stuff recently as it's much cheaper and easier to design something that fits how I want with as many layers as I need.

Belarin said:
Most of the places I've bought from have already been mentioned a few times, baby pants, babykins, adultclothdiaper, rearz, cuddlz, drylife, ecoable, changing times, etsy, amazon, garywear...

Threaded armor has been my latest test and I'm very happy with them as a day time wear, very expensive though.

I've mostly been making my own stuff recently as it's much cheaper and easier to design something that fits how I want with as many layers as I need.
If you sew then you could probably find some super cute muslin or flannel prints at the fabric store. 🤷‍♀️ I just don’t usually have the time to make my own.

Reactions: Belarin
AliB said:
If you sew then you could probably find some super cute muslin or flannel prints at the fabric store. 🤷‍♀️ I just don’t usually have the time to make my own.
Oh I have, 😁 I have lists of saved fabrics on various online fabric stores, the nice part is that depending on what exactly you want to sew there are many fabrics you can use for the outside so there is an expansive selection of prints, most of what I have saved is in jersey fabrics for making onesies, but there are other things too like PUL, flannel, fleece, poplin etc. and some of these sites actually have a "browse" catagory specifically for childish prints.

The trouble is finding enough cash to buy all of the ones I want lol.

I also have a couple of websites saved which will print any design onto any of their supplied fabrics so I could in theory find and make any kind of print I want to and have it on any fabric I need.
My original plan for this was to have a "disposable baby diaper" style design, something that looks like it could actually be on a pampers or huggies etc. nappy with waistband, tapes, ruffles, size and logo all there, then have that printed on some fabric at the size needed to just cut out, sew up and add elastic to make underpants that look like a nappy (there are a couple like this on etsy).

The idea being they would be perfect for littles who regress quite young or those who want to look the part but don't actually like diapers, or those who maybe need a little reminder to feel good at times when they can't actually wear a diaper etc. if made right and large enough could even be used as a diaper cover for plain white diapers to look more babyish.

Last edited:
Yes!! ABUniverse and BigTot on Etsy make diaper designs on panties. Super cute! I have and love some of the lingerie with bunnies from LFB when I want to feel little at work under adult clothes. It’s like my little secret 😏. Depending on the time you have to invest in this project.. you could turn it into a side business for some extra cash. I bet a lot of members here would support you! Ik I would 😁

AliB said:
Yes!! ABUniverse and BigTot on Etsy make diaper designs on panties. Super cute! I have and love some of the lingerie with bunnies from LFB when I want to feel little at work under adult clothes. It’s like my little secret 😏. Depending on the time you have to invest in this project.. you could turn it into a side business for some extra cash. I bet a lot of members here would support you! Ik I would 😁
I have been considering setting up a small shop for a couple years now, I can knit pretty good and now I have an overlocker/serger I should be able to set things that look a lot more presentable and professionally finished.

I'd love to get something going where I can sell littles clothing and cloth diapering stuff but I worry about a few things.
1) Whether I would actually sell enough to make it worthwhile as although it's still niche there are a lot more abdl sellers now.
2) If I could keep up with orders if the demand did rise (woking full time I am limited in how much I can make and how fast)
3) working out all the fees, costs and taxes for running a small business.

I'd still love to do it at some point though I have a lot of ideas on things I could make like proper lap neck or snap shoulder onesies with "little" prints, front or even back snapping onesies, proper knitted booties/mittens, dungarees with snap access along the legs, various covers/wraps/waterproof pants, different kinds of training pants...

I even have a basic design (read, needs a little more work) for "modular onesies" where the crotch part can be removed completely and reattached to a separate loop so that when you wash and dry them they can look like a normal t-shirt and underpants, making it less obvious what it is for those who don't have as much privacy.

Belarin said:
I have been considering setting up a small shop for a couple years now, I can knit pretty good and now I have an overlocker/serger I should be able to set things that look a lot more presentable and professionally finished.

I'd love to get something going where I can sell littles clothing and cloth diapering stuff but I worry about a few things.
1) Whether I would actually sell enough to make it worthwhile as although it's still niche there are a lot more abdl sellers now.
2) If I could keep up with orders if the demand did rise (woking full time I am limited in how much I can make and how fast)
3) working out all the fees, costs and taxes for running a small business.

I'd still love to do it at some point though I have a lot of ideas on things I could make like proper lap neck or snap shoulder onesies with "little" prints, front or even back snapping onesies, proper knitted booties/mittens, dungarees with snap access along the legs, various covers/wraps/waterproof pants, different kinds of training pants...

I even have a basic design (read, needs a little more work) for "modular onesies" where the crotch part can be removed completely and reattached to a separate loop so that when you wash and dry them they can look like a normal t-shirt and underpants, making it less obvious what it is for those who don't have as much privacy.
I can definitely understand about the time energy money ratio. Plus the taxes and business demands with rl responsibilities. What if you specialized with one abdl item like changing mats or cloth diaper flats? You could try it as a demo batch, and let people know here. Do the math and compare supply and demand compared to how much time you actually have to spend on this. Then figure out a budget. Don’t give up. It might work out if you really want to do it.

AliB said:
I can definitely understand about the time energy money ratio. Plus the taxes and business demands with rl responsibilities. What if you specialized with one abdl item like changing mats or cloth diaper flats? You could try it as a demo batch, and let people know here. Do the math and compare supply and demand compared to how much time you actually have to spend on this. Then figure out a budget. Don’t give up. It might work out if you really want to do it.
Oh I'm sure I could make it work at least a little bit, even if it just works out as only a little extra, kinda like "pocket money" (allowance) that parents might give a child.

I'd be happy if it made enough for me to fund the fabrics for some clothes for me and maybe a new game now and then which wouldn't need much in profit.

The other issue is selling from UK, there would be a much bigger market in the states but shipping prices might make it harder and higher priced.

Last edited:
Belarin said:
Oh I'm sure I could make it work at least a little bit, even if it just works out as only a little extra, kinda like "pocket money" (allowance) that parents might give a child.

I'd be happy if it made enough for me to fund the fabrics for some clothes for me and maybe a new game now and then which wouldn't need much in profit.

The other issue is selling from UK, there would be a much bigger market in the states but shipping prices might make it harder and higher priced.
I am not sure if it's only US based or if they have a UK site but I have bought alot of things from Etsy which originally was supposed to be a marketplace for handmade goods or that's the way I thought and good amount is.

There is a couple abdl specific shops on Etsy and have got some really good stuff and I only got one item that was questionable but I can't complain because it was free besides shipping the person was opening a shop and gave away like 10 items for people to try and feedback and I did ended up buying the final product for me its usually what I use on laundry day. But like I just ordered 4 onesie the other day though I needed them but these were on sale and for money I think they are well worth it like I have bought various ones cheaper and more expensive & for their normal price $32usd ones I like them & they are functional vs some cheaper ones they feel cheap or like snaps in wrong places or cheap snaps.

I will say there is another great shop though they will make them for anyone their main business is special needs but being paralyzed I needed decent changing pad for on the go and there wasn't really good options out there. Though they cost more than most they are well worth the money and I own 3 of them because they are made so well and perfect size that fits in my bag well( I bought 2 abdl ones one was super thin other was a bed pad for a twin bed which isn't great for day to day but I use it on my changing table) not sure if the UK has an similar option but that seller has it set up where you can pick out your fabric and PUL and she will order from them what she needs but to start if you did say changing pads I would start with like 2 different options as usually material is cheaper if you get more of it.

If the UK has something similar or if Etsy works in the UK I would say go for it and try it. I been paralyzed for over a decade and though demand is still there it does seem in the US like alot of the companies that used to do adaptive clothing and stuff for special needs being paralyzed in beginning I really didn't know about abdl's but even when I did I thought some things were more props than daily use. But I will say the other part & it's not everything but it even like onesies best ones I ever had were from a small shop or business and even ones I just ordered think shop is bigtots & onesies called wear2work I want to say she has someone make or help her make them but quality is fantastic the other place I used to get them from is under new ownership and not making adult line anymore which not sure what all you want to make but from my pov it does seem with alot items sizing if your in the middle you can find things but if your smaller or bigger not so much(like i wear 2XLT shirts which can be difficult to find or like alot of adaptive pants have like a 30" inseam being tall and diapered mini can go is 34") also will say even if you did mainly abdl stuff I would add a tag(so they can find if searched) that you can do special needs because it's another market that alot of things can be cross sold. I think as you mention wanting to do things for littles and though I am not an ab nor little I have looked at few things but for functional uses but to me some looked babish and it's kind of funny like I have friends with actual babies they look for clothes that doesn't look babyish like they have pair of jeans it's hard to tell their is snaps and it's just an idea but always thought it would be neat if someone made adult clothes that would work for say ab's or littles and even adaptive but only them or their caregiver would know like hidden in plain sight

Like Alib mentioned if you start of with a few items to test the waters who knows like I just bought a couple more different brands of cloth diapers to try out personally I get confused with materials and what works and doesn't but what I just ordered biggest reason me personally I like supporting small businesses and these are handmade and cost the same as some that came from China. Also some people pay stupid money for things though probably worth it but I saw a pair of jean specific for wheelchair users starting at $135 last pair of jeans I paid $50 for them.

Lastly, I have a thing on my wall of says if your dreams don't scare you your not dreaming big enough! I think it's normal to have fears about thing's but if it's something you want to do and you something your able to do I would say go for it or get the ball rolling but make sure if it's something that you enjoy doing only take on what you can while being enjoyable it's like before my injury I loved to bake and I didn't start an official company but for holidays I may of taken orders from friends and it might of been like foreshadowing but I actually got to a point it wasn't fun anymore yes it made me money but I missed the fun part luckily I didn't take orders because my injury happened 10 days before Christmas and I didn't bake again till last yr and now I still do it but only for fun.

Good luck sorry to hijack the post but saw it an figured would share some ideas

• Love
ParaRomeo said:
I am not sure if it's only US based or if they have a UK site but I have bought alot of things from Etsy which originally was supposed to be a marketplace for handmade goods or that's the way I thought and good amount is.
Etsy is international and is actually the place I figured I'd start if I do try and set up, their seller fees are not too bad (much better than ebay or amazon marketplace) and as you say their whole point is small home business and hand made stuff. The plan would be to set up on Etsy and try to build up some custom and if it turns out I get fairly regular orders to then set up my own site (which would have other costs but may allow me to reduce prices as I would not lose a percent of purchase prices to Etsy.)

I have many ABDL sellers saved on there which is where the concern about there being more and more ABDL shops appearing comes from, in theory getting in there early means more time to build up a customer base so if the number rises it's easier to compete but that doesn't always work out.

ParaRomeo said:
Lastly, I have a thing on my wall of says if your dreams don't scare you your not dreaming big enough! I think it's normal to have fears about thing's but if it's something you want to do and you something your able to do I would say go for it or get the ball rolling but make sure if it's something that you enjoy doing only take on what you can while being enjoyable it's like before my injury I loved to bake and I didn't start an official company but for holidays I may of taken orders from friends and it might of been like foreshadowing but I actually got to a point it wasn't fun anymore yes it made me money but I missed the fun part luckily I didn't take orders because my injury happened 10 days before Christmas and I didn't bake again till last yr and now I still do it but only for fun.

Good luck sorry to hijack the post but saw it an figured would share some ideas
Thanks for the encouragement! 😄
That's a good quote and I have seen similar quotes and really do want to give this a try, I just need a little more time to get used to my overlocker, to practice making a few items and figure out what kind of sizes I'd need to cover (and make templates for them), get pictures, find good fabric suppliers and make price/cost lists, work out shipping and packaging prices... there is a lot to figure out.

Keep an eye out around here, If or when I do get something running I will (if it is allowed) drop a link. I may also, as you said, ask around for some people to test out a few items for me to get some feedback going.

Reactions: ParaRomeo
My prefold cloth diapers, diaper covers, and pins all come from rearz.

Back