Choosing the right size of ABDL clothes

sciencedude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm thinking of buying a zip-up onesie to wear to bed and possibly buying a crotch-snap onesie/bodysuit, while cyber Monday is going on. What tips would you give for getting the right measurements? I've never bought either of those, so I don't know how to get it right.

Is this the right forum for this?

Last edited:
sciencedude said:
I'm thinking of buying a zip-up onesie to wear to bed and possibly buying a crotch-snap onesie/bodysuit, while cyber Monday is going on. What tips would you give for getting the right measurements? I've never bought either of those, so I don't know how to get it right.

Man it's a hit and miss. I went thru 3 companies based on their sizing and each time they were either too big or they fit and then shrank after washing. I went thru the bullshit of measuring chest and waist and length of torso and still was off.
I bought an XL onside from Bambino based on their sizing chart and it was more like a freaking size S with an XL tag.
ABU diaper suits didn't work either. XL fit but after a washing they shrank and are too tight. Bought 2XL thinking they'd shrink after washing. Nope both are still too big.
Bought BabyPants onsies and they fit but stretched out over time and are just too loose now. Not to mention the freaking snaps are exposed plastic and tend to rub the insides of my thighs raw if I'm moving too much.
It wasn't until I bought Tykables Snappies that I got the right fit. I now exclusively stick with Tykables because their snappies are tried and true. There are other places that I'd like to buy onsies but I'm not about to go thru the hit and miss bullshit again.

Last edited:
Reactions: denimchicken and Sealander
I have only gotten my onesie's from rearz and I had to go with an XL even though I waer L shirts. Thay fit really good going a size bigger. Unfortunately you will have to just buy one and see. On sale is a good time to try and good luck.

Yup tykables had some pretty good stuff.

I have a lot of stuff from Preventawear. I take a medium in the regular onesie. The back zippered suits fit skin tight. Snug but comfortable. I bought two back zippered no tear suits in large and they fit well.

You really have to buy one or two sizes and see which is better. After I wash mine, I hang them up to dry. The 4Care onesies are cotton so I attach a weight to the bottom to stretch them as they dry. I’m tall with a long torso so I have to measure things carefully.

Fortunately Tykables has a 7 day return/exchange policy and I had to use it with the footed sleepers or I would have been stuck with sleepers that were way too big(too long on the legs). I just took a store credit and used that buy diapers later.

Reactions: Sealander
I tend to buy one size larger than what I think I am. Clothes seem to be a bit smaller than what they were marked years ago. I've also lost a few pounds so it's not like I'm not aware of my size.

sciencedude said:

Yep....and what everybody has said.
You get so used to 'everything' being oddly or wrongly sized that when you finally find something true to size, it throws you...and you'd have probably bought the wrong size because of previous experiences 🤭

For a zip-up one-piece, it's probably best to size up (you can then tailor down as you wish).
For bodysuits, and depending on how sideways roomy you need, just go by the stated sizes and reviews on the webshop and forums elsewhere. Extenders for the crotch are available to buy or you can make your own (bearing in mind that there are various sizes of snap fasteners).
You could also shorten the length of a bodysuit by folding back [then sewing or glueing in place] the crotch parts and fitting snaps to suit (a simple twisting of the relevant parts may also serve as a temporary quickfix for shortening).

It's truly all over the place. I wear small for Tykables products, medium for Rearz' footed sleepers, medium for most BigTot products, large for ODU onesies (could even go XL).

I'm a 5'11" male, 210 lbs. I wear medium diapers. I wear medium tshirts (smalls typically for ABDL tshirts because they ride a little shorter and show off my waistband). I wear size 32 waist, 30 inseam.

Back