Changing around public, I prefer to wait until I get home. I'm sure I'm not the only one. If I've flooded or (worst) dirtied my diaper, I stop what I was doing and simply go home. Of course sometimes you just can't. Like being so far from home. I always have my diaper bag in my car but to be honest I rarely use it. I really hate using public bathrooms. But everyone knows that sometimes you just have to change. And I have. I try to wear an extra booster to reduce the chances from public changes. Most of the time I know that my normal diaper is good for 4 -6 hours. If I know I'm going to be out longer prior, I just add a booster. If I know I might be out even longer I'll use one of a double booster set up. Either way, it's always easier to just sit it out. Even if I have a dirty diaper, I know I'm still good for several hours (Nullo) though it will probably be uncomfortable.

At work I’m lucky as I’m a truck driver with a sleeper cab so just draw curtains and change

You get numb to the worries about sounds and sights of changing in a public bathroom after a while, Or i have anyway. It's either change or walk round with leak spots on my clothes. I try to chamge in disabled toilets as they have more room, are generally cleaner, and have provision for the disposal of dirty pads/nappies. But i have had to change in some very sketchy places over the years. It took years to become so confident, but now, i really couldn't care who notices anything. I'm incontinent and mildly disabled and thats that.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
If I need to change while I’m out, I always use disabled/accessible toilets because I’m a wheelchair user. This solves some of the issues people with IC face, but it does create others.

I still have some mobility in my legs, which means I can still change myself but I’m still very limited. Which is why I wear thicker diapers (sometimes ABDL ones) under a onesie, so I don’t have to change as often when I’m away from home. Lack of mobility in my body also means that it can take me longer to change.

When I do need to change my diaper, I’ll try and use toilets with adult changing tables, as they make everything much cleaner and safer for me.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Dinotopian2002 said:
If I need to change while I’m out, I always use disabled/accessible toilets because I’m a wheelchair user. This solves some of the issues people with IC face, but it does create others.

I still have some mobility in my legs, which means I can still change myself but I’m still very limited. Which is why I wear thicker diapers (sometimes ABDL ones) under a onesie, so I don’t have to change as often when I’m away from home. Lack of mobility in my body also means that it can take me longer to change.

When I do need to change my diaper, I’ll try and use toilets with adult changing tables, as they make everything much cleaner and safer for me.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
Yes,i wear a rhick diaper when out, and usually can avoid the hassle of changing when out of the house. I also use a wheelchair when i'm out (Can walk a very short distance sometime).

I try to find the family bathrooms as much as possible, changing in a handicap stall is very difficult for me, the family restrooms are bigger and usually (99% of the time) I end up needing some help from my PCA when i'm out, Getting up/Standing up and alike quite often causes BP issues and I can and do at minimum have to quickly sit/ly down or rist passing out, so TBH changing in a stall is actually somewhat dangerous when it comes down to it.

I wish there were more family restrooms for sure, sometimes i;ve needed to go out to the van and change there, easier than in a regular or even a handicap bathroom. Can lay down and change that way, I rarely ever change standing up.

a while ago i went into a rest area and it had someone sitting there working, i guess to take care of the place, i remember walking past her, she said hello, so did i, but i had a messy diaper , so i headed right to the family restroom , went in there and it was really clean, and the trash bins were clean and empty, i changed and tossed it in there, put some paper towels over the top, but was thinking shes there all day and sees who goes into the bathooms...hope if i go there again she doesnt remember, doubt she will

Soggy247 said:
You get numb to the worries about sounds and sights of changing in a public bathroom after a while,
Yes, this is true for the most part. But IMO, public restroom changes are still one of the worst things about IC management. It's gotten easier, to where I generally don't sweat it. And good products make it a fairly rare occurrence. But it took me a LONG time to get to this point (like, decades) and I still feel self-conscious about the noises that the tapes make.

The hardest is changing at work. We have just one set of multi-stall restrooms in the building and they have the crappiest partitions with giant gaps around the doors. Since it is a workplace, the comforting anonymity that comes with a public restroom is gone; these are people I work with daily and all they have to do is look at my shoes to know who I am.

Fortunately I work remote now so it's only an issue a few times a year when I have to be on-site, but man I hated that restroom when I had to be there every day! More than once I had leaks from avoiding the dreaded stalls, and I'm sure a few people around the office know my deal, but nobody ever said anything.

Last edited:
Back