Cartoons

EagleBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How many of you still watch cartoons?
Do you prefer yesteryear cartoons Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, The flintstones, Bugs Bunny, The Jetsons, Looney Toons etc or today cartoons?

Does the yesteryear cartoons take you back to a time were you did wear diapers?

I like the older cartoons. That's when cartoons where cartoons but then I'm approaching 58. When we started streaming cartoon network was one of the channels we got. Now there are free cartoon channels not to mention YouTube. So yes I still watch cartoons but then my little is 6 😊

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I still love the old cartoons. I watch so much of the old scooby because my daddy got me a boomerang subscription. But watching tom and jerry looney toons is great. Ive also been on and off watching bear in the big blue house and rollie pollie ollie and it makes me feel so small 🥰

My TV channel that carries the network, ME TV, has a three hour Saturday morning set of cartoons and they also have an hour set weekdays at 6:00 AM. It’s interesting that many of these cartoons, especially Loonie Toons and Merry Melodies, were originally developed to be played during movie intermissions and between double features. They weren’t written to keep children entertained on TV, but their comedy was intended for children and adults as well. My favorites are still Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Porky Pig, Pepe LePew, Tweety Bird with Sylvester, and Will E. Coyote with the Road Runner.

Last edited:
  • Love
I catch the old cartoons on ME TV when I can (oops, they're on now! Gotta go!)
PBS Kids has some great shows (IMHO) too. I really like Molly of Denali and Nature Cat, and Odd Squad is good fun. True, if you're not careful, you might learn something, but they kind of just slip it in in those shows.

Certainly the Looney Tunes were great in the 70s.
Tom & Jerry a little when it aired because it encouraged thinking outside of the box as a kid, 'cause most of the time there were no vocals/talking, which I enjoyed. I recall my pre-celebration for the afternoon cartoons: making cinnamon sugar butter toast, a stack of it. Then Spiderman was on later.
Oh, I loved Batman Beyond. Totally cool. I may very well buy the set if I can find it sold:unsure:. That would be a nice brain candy for me indeed!

Love all the old (hand drawn) cartoons EagleBoy as I am old also.
I would also like to add Top Cat, to all the ones you have covered.
They bring back childhood memories of watching Black & White TV after school, before seating at the dinning room table (a non TV room) to eat our evening meals with Mum and Dad and my younger sisters. (1960s Australia).

Back