Can you remember wetting bed at camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamiejamie said:
¿Alguien todavía recuerda haber mojado la cama en el campamento? ¿Y qué hiciste al respecto?
Yo mojaba la cama dos o tres veces por semana y no teníamos cosas como Goodnites en la década de 1980 y principios de la de 1990. Lo que hice fue poner la ropa mojada en una bolsita y tirarla en mi bolsa y dejar que el saco de dormir se ventile. Era principalmente un saco de dormir de nailon, por lo que se secaba rápidamente. Lo uso hasta que llego a casa del campamento y lo lavo en la lavadora.
No creo que nadie se haya percatado ni le haya importado.
YIn my case I took them for pleasure, I never wet the bed or my sleeping bag before, I just decided to bring goodnites and see what the experience felt like, not much happened it was a camp in Tepoztlán Morelos Mex I just wet it, before sleeping when I woke up and all because the bathrooms were far away and I didn't want to go to the bathroom, that was in the scouts in troop, when I just started with this 5 years ago: 3 and I will never forget it, the thing was when a boy from my patrol confessed to me that he needed diapers to sleep and I taught him that he also had and we became best friends through diapers: 3 his name was Malku.

Reactions: WillFord384
ThatGuyFromThatThread said:
I had it on and off at 12 but definitely wet at camp at 10.

Legitimately forgot that was a thing, for awhile. You said Boy Scouts. I wonder if there's even the remotest chance that we went to the same camp.

Mine was somewhere in Georgia, around 2000 or 2001, out in the middle of nowhere, and had many Troops. It had a small lake, where you could go tubing behind a boat, canoeing or just smimming.

Some of what I remember of the camp is the "Bug Juice", which is a flavour I still crave but can never find, and when I got to shoot the 22s.

I spread a rumour that my then-new favourite drink was made with real bugs. I was hoping that I would be able to just gross someone out by drinking more of it, but it was so good that no one cared. They believed it and they still drank it. It was that good!

We also had a huge water balloon war. As I recall, it lasted for days. That wasn't even official. We were just doing it.

We also played a lot of imaginary Star Wars games, when we weren't at some official activity.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Glad I stumbled on this post, bug juice used to be my favorite but totally had forgotten about it. Looks like they're still making it too

Reactions: iampadded and ThatGuyFromThatThread
Bug juice! I remember that! I suspect every camper had the conversation at some point or another "Is it made from real bugs?!" lol.

Reactions: GoodnitesBoy2000 and ThatGuyFromThatThread
I went to camp for a couple of years at the end of the 70's. I was 7 or 8 and wet the bed almost every night. It was humiliating, even though I was in a cabin that had a number of kids who wet the bed at least once during their two weeks. We had mattresses that had those heavy zipper vinyl encasements on them which just served to spread out the wetting accident on the cotton sheets. While we did not have matresses drying out side, there were always a couple of sheets (mine and whoever else had the episodes) drying out.

Reactions: Lyric
I wet a lot at camp. I attended a summer camp for about 3 years as a camper and the counselor kept my Goodnites in a locked tote. I would put one on after I showered at night and often did extra activities while wearing, something I never did at home, and it was quite nerve wrecking with the fear of being known as a bed wetter to other kids. In the morning, I was almost always wet. I would get up and throw my pull-up away in the bottom of the bathroom trash.

Reactions: wetnights and Lyric
IFloat said:
I went to camp for a couple of years at the end of the 70's. I was 7 or 8 and wet the bed almost every night. It was humiliating, even though I was in a cabin that had a number of kids who wet the bed at least once during their two weeks. We had mattresses that had those heavy zipper vinyl encasements on them which just served to spread out the wetting accident on the cotton sheets. While we did not have matresses drying out side, there were always a couple of sheets (mine and whoever else had the episodes) drying out.
It is very humiliating to be outed at camp. Particularly at the beginning of a camp session.

DanielW said:
The summers I went to camp as a kid and up to my mid-teens it was common to see mattresses up on the roofs of the cabins drying in the sun. At least you knew for sure you weren't the only one.
That is for sure. Lots of bedwetting at camp, particularly in the under 10 crowd.

Reactions: hanbanan
Yes! I attended a church camp when I was about 10. I hadn't been bedwetting recently so my mom didn't pack any pull-ups or anything, and as luck would have it I wet the bed on night one. Luckily my cabin-mates were pretty chill about it (despite this I was still embarrassed), but the chaperone decided I would wear diapers at night to avoid any further issues with the bedding. Every night before I bed I had to walk up to see the nurse and get a diaper, I recall it being just a plain white tape diaper that was very bulky, but it could be hidden under basketball shorts. I recall wetting the bed another time or two that week, and threw the diaper away in the bathroom in the morning. In hind sight, I am sure a lot of other kids had issues too judging by how well they were setup to handle it, but I was still pretty embarrassed.

I went to scout camp a few times but thankfully never had any incidents.

I do recall one time my mom took me and a friend to a beach house her boss owned. Another one of her friends with two other boys my age also joined us. I was probably 12-13 and hadn't had issues for a while with bedwetting. However, since it was a nice house and my mom's bosses house, she made me wear diapers at night anyway. And to make matters worse, she didn't tell me this until we got there. By this time I was too big for goodnites/pull ups so she got some generic drugstore brand adult diapers. At night I went into the bathroom attached to the room she was staying in (our room didn't have its own bathroom) and would put one on. In the morning, I would usually go shower in the shared bathroom and either bury it in the trash or put it in my bag.

The only "PJ" pants I had were flannel and were extremely hot, it didn't help our bedroom was upstairs. On the last night we were there I was so hot I couldn't stand it, so once I was sure everybody else was asleep, I slipped them off. Due to the heat I was also partially out of under the covers so I awoke in the morning to one of the others boys laughing at me for wearing a diaper. The other joined in shortly after. My friend tried to stand up for me but not to much avail. I remember the diaper had one of those strips to tell when its wet and even though I hadn't wet the bed it still turned color from the sweat, so they were making fun of me for having wet the bed. Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. My mom tried to make me feel better but the damage was done by that point. I do remember the other boy's mom telling my mom he would be punished but not sure if it ever happened.

I know that I was a bed wetter when I went to Camp Phillips Boy Scout Camp, but that was a half century ago. Apparently whatever happened didn’t traumatized me too much as I don’t remember having been teased about it. This is in spite of having several enjoyable memories of things that happened there. Could it be that I’m repressing those bad feelings? Nah, my mind doesn’t work that way, I had a pretty great childhood.

pc1991 said:
Yes! I attended a church camp when I was about 10. I hadn't been bedwetting recently so my mom didn't pack any pull-ups or anything, and as luck would have it I wet the bed on night one. Luckily my cabin-mates were pretty chill about it (despite this I was still embarrassed), but the chaperone decided I would wear diapers at night to avoid any further issues with the bedding. Every night before I bed I had to walk up to see the nurse and get a diaper, I recall it being just a plain white tape diaper that was very bulky, but it could be hidden under basketball shorts. I recall wetting the bed another time or two that week, and threw the diaper away in the bathroom in the morning. In hind sight, I am sure a lot of other kids had issues too judging by how well they were setup to handle it, but I was still pretty embarrassed.

I went to scout camp a few times but thankfully never had any incidents.

I do recall one time my mom took me and a friend to a beach house her boss owned. Another one of her friends with two other boys my age also joined us. I was probably 12-13 and hadn't had issues for a while with bedwetting. However, since it was a nice house and my mom's bosses house, she made me wear diapers at night anyway. And to make matters worse, she didn't tell me this until we got there. By this time I was too big for goodnites/pull ups so she got some generic drugstore brand adult diapers. At night I went into the bathroom attached to the room she was staying in (our room didn't have its own bathroom) and would put one on. In the morning, I would usually go shower in the shared bathroom and either bury it in the trash or put it in my bag.

The only "PJ" pants I had were flannel and were extremely hot, it didn't help our bedroom was upstairs. On the last night we were there I was so hot I couldn't stand it, so once I was sure everybody else was asleep, I slipped them off. Due to the heat I was also partially out of under the covers so I awoke in the morning to one of the others boys laughing at me for wearing a diaper. The other joined in shortly after. My friend tried to stand up for me but not to much avail. I remember the diaper had one of those strips to tell when its wet and even though I hadn't wet the bed it still turned color from the sweat, so they were making fun of me for having wet the bed. Probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. My mom tried to make me feel better but the damage was done by that point. I do remember the other boy's mom telling my mom he would be punished but not sure if it ever happened.
You didn’t say whether you actually had a real accident in the diaper during the time you stayed at her bosses house. What is your mother proven right?

Last edited:
iampadded said:
You didn’t say whether you actually had a real accident in the diaper during the time you stayed at her bosses house. What is your mother proven right?
Guess I forgot that part out. Yes, on the second night I woke up in a wet diaper. Fortunately, no leaks! I was able to conceal in the bathroom trash. Guess my mom was right after all!

pc1991 said:
Guess I forgot that part out. Yes, on the second night I woke up in a wet diaper. Fortunately, no leaks! I was able to conceal in the bathroom trash. Guess my mom was right after all!
She was right. If you were embarrassed being caught in the diaper, think how embarrassed you would have been being caught in a pee soaked bed that you could not hide.

I didn't go on any school trips that lasted longer than a day for the very reason I didn't want to wet/soil myself whilst around friends/teachers etc and have to wear a nappy or pull up through fear of being teased. This was the same reason I didn't have sleepovers at friends houses, they always came to me.

iampadded said:
She was right. If you were embarrassed being caught in the diaper, think how embarrassed you would have been being caught in a pee soaked bed that you could not hide.
I actually think being caught in a diaper would be worse then being caught with a wet bed. With a wet bed you could try and say it was a one time thing. I guess I drank too much, I was too tired, I had too much to drink. If you are caught wearing a diaper, then the only reasonable conclusion is that a wet diaper is not unusual at all. Not only is this not unusual but it happens so often that I need to wear a protective garment all the time. It has nothing to do with being too tired or drinking too much. I'm just a bed wetter with the same level of control of my bladder at night as a kid.

Reactions: BigKid25 and pc1991
wiliawi said:
I actually think being caught in a diaper would be worse then being caught with a wet bed. With a wet bed you could try and say it was a one time thing. I guess I drank too much, I was too tired, I had too much to drink. If you are caught wearing a diaper, then the only reasonable conclusion is that a wet diaper is not unusual at all. Not only is this not unusual but it happens so often that I need to wear a protective garment all the time. It has nothing to do with being too tired or drinking too much. I'm just a bed wetter with the same level of control of my bladder at night as a kid.
You make a good point. I never really considered that.

I wasn't lucky enough to go to a camp with cabins the only camps I went to was boy scout camps. But I know I would have been in the bedwetting cabin having to wear diapers to bed

The very first time I went to camp, I totally didn't want to go. My cousins were going, they were a tad older and liked to make fun of me, and my strict aunt was our counselor. I didn't have issues at home with wetting, and hated the idea of being away from my mom. Sure enough, I wet the bed. My cousins teased me, my aunt spanked my wet bottom hard and had me in diapers at night the rest of the time at camp. I hated that year of camp!

LittlePrincess83 said:
The very first time I went to camp, I totally didn't want to go. My cousins were going, they were a tad older and liked to make fun of me, and my strict aunt was our counselor. I didn't have issues at home with wetting, and hated the idea of being away from my mom. Sure enough, I wet the bed. My cousins teased me, my aunt spanked my wet bottom hard and had me in diapers at night the rest of the time at camp. I hated that year of camp!
Did you have any more accidents in the diapers?

Camp hanes,the Y was bedwetter friendly, as someone else said there was a question on the application for it. I sure we had specific cabins that grouped the bedwetters together. I went every year up to 16, at 15 on you move up to adventure camp. I did have a bunk mate that was a wetter and he did not have enough supplies for a 2 week stay, only one week. I felt bad for him because by the time he left he had pee,d his cloths/underwear/bed multiple times. His sleeping bag smelt so bad they threw it away.
Our beds had a plastic cover, And when i have to use the bathroom i start sweating very very bad, so i would wake up soaked even if i had protection on. I also have trouble going in public, and most of the time I would find a place to hide and go or pee my self. If I was near the water I would not even try to go to the bathroom. My biggest issue is when I was around water,at beach,camp ect.I would never seem to make it to the bathroom for a number 2 and would go in my underwear, later the doctor told me I had IBSD and not to drink drinks with caffeine, or gluten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back