Can I wear a wet diaper for a whole night without risk of diaper rash?

CJB

Baby in Training
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I plan on wetting my diaper and sleeping through the whole night with it (between 6-8 hours) Would I be able to do that without risk of irritation?

Reactions: Diprs2 and medfet878
We all have different skin, so it's gonna be different for everyone.

I'd recommend wearing good diapers to bed.

I wasn't sure how long I could be wet without irritation. If I'm not in Little headspace, I don't mind pulling it out and peeing in the potty. For awhile if I woke up after 4am to pee, I'd do it in my diaper, make sure I didn't leak, and go back to sleep. I usually get up at 7am or 8am. Then I started pushing that earlier and earlier.

If I went at 1am or 2am, I make sure I didn't leak.

Waking up in a wet diaper with my arm around a stuff, and sometimes with paci still in my mouth, I feel smol.

Reactions: Freddie07601, medfet878 and CJB
Well, there's always a risk when any urine is in contact with your skin. But if you use an absorbent diaper and maybe some powder, you should be fine. At least if your skin is like mine. Diaper rash cream can also be used preemptively in order to prevent a rash from occurring in the first place.

Reactions: Diprs2, medfet878 and CJB
Anytime I diaper, I use a liberal amount of J&J pink lotion as a barrier. I have slept in wet cloth diapers many times with no issues. The one time I spent all day in a wetted diaper, I did have rash issues. Desitin to the relief.

I go to bed wet in a cloth diaper almost every night and I don't get a rash but as Bobafettish said, everyone's skin is different.

Reactions: Diprs2, medfet878, db80 and 1 other person
Whenever I wear to bed I usually wet my diaper before going to sleep. I have never woke with a rash.

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet, Diprs2, medfet878 and 2 others
I am wet all night every night and I have no problem with rashes

Reactions: Eclectic, Diprs2, medfet878 and 2 others
The sensitivity of your skin is going to be the number one reason you do or don’t get rash. I know I have very insensitive skin, so practically nothing beyond extended fecal contact causes a dent in my skin.

Reactions: Diprs2, medfet878, CJB and 1 other person
As others have said, everyone's skin is different. Generally speaking, you should be fine to sleep 8 hours in an already wet diaper, especially if it's of such decent quality that you don't feel wet underneath after the first wetting. That means the diaper you're wearing is a pro at wicking moisture away from your skin

CJB said:
I plan on wetting my diaper and sleeping through the whole night with it (between 6-8 hours) Would I be able to do that without risk of irritation?
I do!.😊😊😊😊😊

Reactions: medfet878 and CJB
Yes

Reactions: medfet878 and CJB
I have the tendency to rashes quite easily.
I always make sure I'm very clean as I can be after every diaper change .
Use extra baby power have and baby lotion along some kind diaper rash ointment on hand when it flares up !
( NOTE ) Its so much cheaper then going to doctor taken care of it !!!

Reactions: Diprs2
I wear cloth prefolds and plastic pants every night and wake up wet each morning. Have not had any problem with rashes nut as others have said, we are all different. Maintain good hygiene and give it a try.

As has been said everyone's skin is different and there are so many things that can affect it (for instance being underhydrated can create higher concentrations of amonia in your pee which causes rashes faster).

The easiest way to find out would be to find a day where you can wear a long time while awake, put a diaper on and give it a good wetting then over the next few hours pay attention to your body, if it starts feeling itchy or a slight burning sensation or just starts feeling bad take the diaper off and not how long it has been since you wet.

time can be increased by staying well hydrated, using a high quality diaper, using barrier cream and making sure you are keeping fully clean between wearing.

I have quite sensitive skin but some days I can go 11-12 hours in a wet diaper easy (wetting before bed sleeping in it and not changing right away after waking) but others I start feeling itchy and need a change after 3 or 4 hours.

I'd still put a layer of barrier cream on just to help keep the wetness away. Better safe than a sore butt.

Barrier creams are your friend , at every change my aide applies a fresh coat , when my overnight diaper is put on me at 1 AM. It is my longest worn unchanged diaper , when it is changed it will have contained & controlled a large very soft bowel movement and an unknown quantity of urine ( I am usually pretty wet but nowhere near max absorbency )the longer you are exposed to wet/messy diapers , the more useful a barrier cream and it’s protection become .

CJB said:
I use a very generous amount of a barrier creme with a high absorbance diaper and booster and a cloth diaper with diaper cover. I'm in the diaper for 8-9 hours and it's always drenched in the morning. Mostly, I have zero diaper rash but have developed a small area which is proving to be problematic. The barrier creme is the key.

Back