Call out to all the Danish or Danish speaking members.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I need some help figuring out what a word means.

I have recently been trying to go my ungainly archive of ABDL media files among which are a number of videos that have arrived from somewhere with horrific names, they literally have file names like this:

"768191f59faeea69259c7520271abb1b37118a9b.mp4"

Fortunately these videos have a little intro card when played showing where they are from (a site called Blepigerne.dk) along with a little title so I can rename them properly, sadly all the title cards are in Danish. Now this isn't too much of a problem, Google is doing a pretty decent job translating them into English and for the most part they make sense with what happens in the video (some need a little creative rewording to translate properly).

However I keep coming across this one word that google doesn't translate (well technically it does it just becomes the exact same word which doesn't fit the meaning) that word is.

"snip"

As an example one title is "Maria skifter til snip" and another is "Lena tisser i snip".
now google translates those as "Maria changes to a snip" and "Lena pees in the snip" which is not the right word, I get what it is meant to be but I know diaper/nappy translates to "ble" so "maria changes to a diaper" would be "Maria skifter til bleen".

All I can think is that a Snip is a product name/brand for something so specific that it doesn't really have a translatable alternative. All I can find was a store selling "snips" which were a thin plastic sheet cut like an hourglass and used to hold a pad in place by tying them onto a person (we used to have something like this when I was a baby my mum had some)

I was just wondering if someone who speaks the language much better and maybe knows the product can think of a better term/English equivalent for me to use when naming the files?

Snib 🤔

Reactions: Belarin
url(14).jpg

ade said:
It's definitely snip in all the videos not snib however that is the same product I found when searching for snip so maybe regional difference. Still I can't find anything equivalent in UK or US to give a name to it. I'm just leaving it as snip for now since I'll know what that is anyway but would be nice to have a more accurate name/product/description.

Back