Bladder Neck Surgery

jjpadded

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone had bladder neck surgery? Was it successful?

jjpadded said:
Has anyone had bladder neck surgery? Was it successful?
Yeah somewhat…had two incisions and then cut out between the two incisions. It was somewhat successful in that I retain a little less Urine and the stream is better if I use the bathroom. Otherwise, I still have some urge incontinence, leaks and frequency so I still need diapers and pull-ups. My prostate in size is like someone 20 years older so I imagine that it’ll have a bigger surgery like a TURP or something in a few years.

Reactions: Deleted member 63979 and jjpadded
I thought TURP and incision was the same or very similar

virginiadiaper said:
Yeah somewhat…had two incisions and then cut out between the two incisions. It was somewhat successful in that I retain a little less Urine and the stream is better if I use the bathroom. Otherwise, I still have some urge incontinence, leaks and frequency so I still need diapers and pull-ups. My prostate in size is like someone 20 years older so I imagine that it’ll have a bigger surgery like a TURP or something in a few years.
Was it painful?

Turp and bladder neck incision (aka tuip) are not the same. TURP is like a roto rooter through the prostate. The worst part was a catheter for 24 hours and then I had complete incontinence almost for about 2-3 weeks after. I still suffer from some significant incontinence and it was slowly improving until recently And now it has plateaued. I think after 3 years of incontinence, it’s not going away. I think we are just trying to preserve kidneys and such at this point for the long term. The incontinence is not curable for me any longer in my opinion.

Reactions: jjpadded
virginiadiaper said:
Turp and bladder neck incision (aka tuip) are not the same. TURP is like a roto rooter through the prostate. The worst part was a catheter for 24 hours and then I had complete incontinence almost for about 2-3 weeks after. I still suffer from some significant incontinence and it was slowly improving until recently And now it has plateaued. I think after 3 years of incontinence, it’s not going away. I think we are just trying to preserve kidneys and such at this point for the long term. The incontinence is not curable for me any longer in my opinion.
Thanks for the info. Hope you keep well.

I've been uic for a long time now. Had one urologist treat the enlarged prostrate and another said the prostrate was small and treated for oab. Now yesterday I got a third opinion and yes it is enlarged but bladder is healthy. He thinks that a new procedure called the eurolife(they insert clips to open the urethra) he said I may become 100% uic for a week or so bit I should regain control back over a few months. Has anyone here had this done? A d what was your results?

Diaperedff1 said:
I've been uic for a long time now. Had one urologist treat the enlarged prostrate and another said the prostrate was small and treated for oab. Now yesterday I got a third opinion and yes it is enlarged but bladder is healthy. He thinks that a new procedure called the eurolife(they insert clips to open the urethra) he said I may become 100% uic for a week or so bit I should regain control back over a few months. Has anyone here had this done? A d what was your results?
Are you talking the itind device?

Hows it going with the medication so far?

SparkyDog said:
Hows it going with the medication so far?
Dizzy spells, total retrograde ejaculation and the odd spasm. Frequency and urgency is much better but still getting dribbling after peeing.

jjpadded said:
Dizzy spells, total retrograde ejaculation and the odd spasm. Frequency and urgency is much better but still getting dribbling after peeing.
Woh that's odd
Whens your next dr visit?

SparkyDog said:
Woh that's odd
Whens your next dr visit?
Not sure yet was told just to continue with the meds for a while. I guess I will have a checkup in the next few weeks.

jjpadded said:
Not sure yet was told just to continue with the meds for a while. I guess I will have a checkup in the next few weeks.
I would contact the office after 2wks and say what's happening
sooner if symptoms / side affects get worse

SparkyDog said:
I would contact the office after 2wks and say what's happening
sooner if symptoms / side affects get worse
Thanks will do, I really want them to work because I don’t want surgery. Hopefully the side effects with lessen over time.

jjpadded said:
Thanks will do, I really want them to work because I don’t want surgery. Hopefully the side effects with lessen over time.
One can hope
What are your symptoms without the medications?

SparkyDog said:
One can hope
What are your symptoms without the medications?
Frequency, urgency and incontinence if I don’t make it in time, dribbles after urination. The urodynamic test found I wasn’t emptying my bladder fully, the cystoscope found my bladder neck was narrow.

jjpadded said:
Frequency, urgency and incontinence if I don’t make it in time, dribbles after urination. The urodynamic test found I wasn’t emptying my bladder fully, the cystoscope found my bladder neck was narrow.
My bladder doesn't empty fully either my capacity is about 400ml when I go only about 100-150ml comes out then walk away and rest comes out
and at night im wet every morning

virginiadiaper said:
Are you talking the itind device?
He called it the euro lift procedure. He said they put clips in to hold open the urethra as it passes through the prostrate. I'll know more in Dec. When I go back.

Back