Big me is actually little me.

Elmo

Elmo Loves You ❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I attempted to respond to thread here that read along the lines of "Big me vs little me". I drafted so many different responses, but just couldn't write one. It's really hard for me to distinguish between big me and little me. Why?

Because I am little me. There almost isn't a big me. Sure, big me might use bigger words and act more serious and corporate, but it's a facade; underneath I'm still little me.

Does anybody else feel like there are just their little selves all the time?

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 51496, KoalaGirly, babycici and 7 others
Kinda, to a degree. I said this on that thread but I feel like my little self is my "true" self, I just unfortunately feel like I cannot truly be myself in most situations, most of the time.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: KoalaGirly, babycici, Hemix and 3 others
For me not exactly the same, but partly for sure. I don't feel like my little side is really my true self, I definitely genuinely enjoy having a mature adult side, but I think it's always there to some extent whether it's at the forefront or not, and I'm pretty happy with that.

I'm little but pretend to be an adult.

Reactions: Deleted member 51496, rainbowrudy and TeddyBearCowboy
I sometimes find myself slipping into little me without even realizing it for instance daddy took me to breakfast one morning and literally had to tell me to stop playing with my food as others had started to take notice. The rest of the time there we played what he calls act like a big girl and sit still. Other times it’s happened even when I’m shopping I start acting childish and I have to pull myself back in reality and try to get out of little space

I can relate . My thoughts during the day ,, why do I always have to play the abdult.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
Ho Hea, I'm a little, I have to pretend to be an adult every day, and I suck at it.

It's like I feel a bit of my soul dies when I walk into work, and then and then I get it back at the end.

But it's OK to be Little and childlike; this is me, how I am, and I OK with it and anyone that isn't well that their problem, Ok I not going to force anything on them. Still, I am not going to tell them how to live, and they don't have the right to say to me that my lifestyle is wrong just because it is different.

• Love
Reactions: Elmo, Diaperedforsuresince17 and lilstevie56
My adult side is the one that helped me to become a good friend, a good husband, a good father and a good professional.
I'm respected for my adult side, appreciated for my mature thinking, all my father/husband actions.

However, my little one has always been inside me. At 5, some initial events learned me to hide him and at 12 my little one secretly saved me!
I hided this part of me until 3 years ago. When I finally started to accept my little side as being a real sub identity, things became more simple and today, I feel much more "complete". If the situation allows me to be little, then I'm a little. It I need to be an adult, then no problem, my little one stays on the side, without fighting because he knows that he will be able to come back.

Every day, I have some time to play with my little one. Sometimes it's just spending some time with my plushie, sucking a pacifier and just let my imagination play. Sometimes it's a diaper day on top and I also have a few long week-ends with other littles where a can be the little one at 100%, including clothes, behavior and become a real toddler.

I've found a good balance between adulthood and childhood. But my little side is growing... In a few years I'll be retired and will not need to be a good adult professional. My kids will probably leave the house, so my father role will also decrease, ... all letting additional space for my little one.

Conclusion, I can't say that I'm a frustraded little in the body of an adult. I'm really both and can navigate peacefully (since recently) between them.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and TeddyBearCowboy
NO, little me loves to watch Barney, wear dresses, and hold her baby doll. As a big, I can't stand Barney, dresses, or hold a doll. I'm a adult FIRST, but, I'm also a little girl. The two are very different.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
I´m practically an enlarged kid. And diapered. Even when I try to act "big" or "mature" I end up feeling more naive than ever. So I think there´s no "big me" at all.

I actually do feel the same way in a sense. I developed very fast/young mentally at a young age, around 7 I was fully mature, far more mature than my peers, even more so than 4th and 5th graders. I was in my own little bubble and it was perfect, so many friends, advanced classes, and a variety of hobbies, I got along with everyone and kept it that way. Then the awkward years of 4th/5th grade through pre teen and high school came. Truly, I never felt any different, just learning more new and advanced materials, moving up the ranks so to say. I was, well, forced to be very academically focused, and maybe that's what screwed me up. Then undergrad came around, and suddenly some of those childhood things they became a way to connect with others. Legos and building toys, RC stuff, sports, Nerf, in some ways it was like being back in 2nd/3rd grade and I was so happy to be in an element where I could be myself and have booze! Then, even graduating, I can still maintain that identity with really no need to change (well, I do change out of things in the morning) I am comfortable and confident in who I am despite never really changing in the first place

I sort of relate. Honestly, the only reason my "little me" isn't more prominent is because I have a real life kid. Most of the little things I like I can enjoy as my big self too. But I can't be a baby while raising a baby, so I have no choice but to make a very clear divide. Plus I'm irritable around kids and not much alone time, so i don't feel very "little" most of the time unfortunately

Last edited:
Reactions: siysiy
I do have both an adult side and a little side but there is always some 'little' in me at all times. Probably the biggest difference is in my adult space, I don't suck on my pacifier or have Alex (my teddy bear) with me. In my adult space, I'm normally out somewhere like the grocery store shopping for example. I will just suddenly start acting childish finding myself skipping along or twirling in the store isle. I have an annual zoo membership so I can go there any time I want to for free. One day when me and my friend were there, we stopped to have lunch in the picnic area. A couple peacocks came around and one spread out its feathers. Another time in the new penguin enclosure, a penguin came right up to me like a foot away. I totally went into little space immediately like flipping a switch in both of those cases. My sense of wonder just kicked right in and I was pretty excited about it. I also like to get my face painted any time I can, That will sometimes make me act a little childish sort of like in the grocery store. At McDonalds, I'll maybe get a kids meal and I have to stay aways from my toy, till I get away from the restaurant. Because, I might just start playing with it and not even realize what I'm doing. So, I can definitely 'be and adult' but 'Little' things like that occur because my little persona is always partly there sometimes just below the surface.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elmo and TeddyBearCowboy
lilbabyjooce said:
Kinda, to a degree. I said this on that thread but I feel like my little self is my "true" self, I just unfortunately feel like I cannot truly be myself in most situations, most of the time.
I feel that 100 percent. I feel like I can't let anyone know who I am, or how I feel like this.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce
I had a similar issue responding to that thread. I tend to put on a facade of being a lot more adult than I really am, though I've been slowly breaking that down over the past few years. Though for me, I wouldn't say I don't have adult traits either. I love sad, tragic stories which, well, isn't really a common theme in children's media. Well, I guess that's actually kinda it I think. I mean, game development I kinda consider adult too just due to being complicated, but I'm sure plenty of kids would love to make video games if given the knowledge to do so.

I use traits for a reason though, for me, I don't really experience the concept of having two distinct versions of me. My childish traits and few somewhat adult traits are all kinda just blended into my regular personality. My mentality can shift a bit to a degree depending on what I'm doing, but overall I'm not really ever fully "big me" or "little me", I'm just me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Standa789, WannabeGirl and Elmo
For me is similar, big and little me cooperate to be both happy, so big me spoils and takes care of little me, and little me cheers big me when he feels blue.

Reactions: lulu22
I feel like I am a little all the time and I'm just pretending to be adult when I go to work or the store. Grocery shopping is always a tough situation for me to maintain what little maturity I have, especially when I see a big box of oreo ice cream sandwiches and squee before I realize it

Reactions: lulu22
DiaperedElmo said:
I attempted to respond to thread here that read along the lines of "Big me vs little me". I drafted so many different responses, but just couldn't write one. It's really hard for me to distinguish between big me and little me. Why?

Because I am little me. There almost isn't a big me. Sure, big me might use bigger words and act more serious and corporate, but it's a facade; underneath I'm still little me.

Does anybody else feel like there are just their little selves all the time?
Good for you mate !

Borz said:
If a company gave you an option to turn back into your true age would you?
I personally don't know, my regrssion is mainly a middle space, so i still would talk, be able to read and/or to enjoy things like opera. so I don't know.

Back