Betterdry vs. XP5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

30stm

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Need an honest review of these by someone who has used both. I’m also curious on the sizing of each and how they compare to Northshore MegaMax and Rearz, my go-tos.

Thanks in advance!

30stm said:
Need an honest review of these by someone who has used both. I’m also curious on the sizing of each and how they compare to Northshore MegaMax and Rearz, my go-tos.

Thanks in advance!
I find the tapes on xp5000 to break with the slightest tug. Betterdry fit is similar to megamax. Personally I prefer the betterdry as they are my daily diaper, never failed me

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and JoeMusic1976
crinklechef said:
I find the tapes on xp5000 to break with the slightest tug. Betterdry fit is similar to megamax. Personally I prefer the betterdry as they are my daily diaper, never failed me
So they’re not similar to Rearz hook and loop?

30stm said:
So they’re not similar to Rearz hook and loop?
Not even close to rearz hook n loop, very flimsy

Well, I've said before that BetterDry are my favorite diaper, all around. Really absorbent and comfy, feels thick but not too thick, comfy plastic, and at a low per diaper cost compared to anything else good. They're just hard to beat.

I remember trying the XP5000 and not being very impressed. Let me check my notes...
"they seemed ok, but not worth the cost", "no major pros or cons", "do not bother buying again". This was in 2020...

So that's the summary. It's a diaper that's just kind of OK vs one of the best.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
So Sorry I cant say anything about the XP5000, never use them !
I do really like them MagaMax a lot ! They are very adsorbing, have 4 different colors to choose from
along with the tape landing zone are very for give able . If you don't get it just right you have a couple different changes to a just it right.

I've tried both. Betterdry L. XP 5000 L and XL. XP 5000 L is a little tight. XL is better despite being normally on the lower end of an L for others and by measurement.

The XP is not as dense and so is softer and thicker dry. The plastic is thicker. I haven't had issues with the tapes. Infinitely refastenable. Very flexible waistbands. Rough landing zone. Swells differently (I prefer it over the betterdry) but swells a lot too. Capacity is just as good imo. I think it's definitely worth a try. I forget though why I don't keep stock of the XPs... but I do the betterdrys.

They're definitely more affordable than rearz or North shore

Betterdry on like a 10:1 ratio insofar as practicality, durability, price per unit, absorbency & comfort.

30stm said:

Thanks in advance!
For me personally, I really liked the xp5000. The fit was incredible, the absorbency was comparable to better dry, they felt much thicker than better dry however they seemed more discreet beneath clothing. Don’t have the absorbency as the mega max but I think they fit better. Also the xp5000 starts out thick but as it gets wet it doesn’t really swell up, unlike the mega max which starts thin and becomes almost impossible to hide once it’s wet. So for me it xp5000 all day, unfortunately they’ve been unavailable for months now.
Which rearz product are you referring to? I’ve only ever tried the rebel, which was pretty loud (👎) but I enjoyed everything else about them, just wish there was a white version that wasn’t so loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back