betterdry vs tena slip maxi (uk model)

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
betterdry vs tena slip maxi (uk model). For those who have tried both, which do you prefer and why?
how about compared to a betterdry day?
I’ve got my first pack of betterdry day arriving in a few days, haven’t tried the non-day version either. Tena Slip Maxi’s are out of stock from incontroldiapers.com so that’s why….. maybe that’s a blessing in disguise?

Last edited:
Betterdry normal are way better than Tena maxi , days are similar
Have you tried Dry life ?

Reactions: LePew and Diaperon
you would have to ask InControl, but I don’t think that they even carry the slip maxi diapers anymore. I think the only ones they carry are the slip Ultima and even that is amazing that they still do, remember a few months back when they decided to not carry either of those and it pissed off the community so much that they had to bring them back so I think that’s all they carry and even that’s not consistent. The slip Ultima are my go to thinner diaper. I never saw the point in buying the slip vaccine since they are pretty much a very similar price and they are slightly thinner.

In my experience having tried both I'd say the BetterDrys are better - both the Day and Night BetterDry versions are better than Tena Slip Maxi's.

For reference I fit right between Medium and Large and prefer the fit of the Large because tape placement - the Mediums are indicated for my waist sizes but I don't like the tapes being too far out on the wings and how that makes the diaper feel "too snug" so I prefer the slightly looser fit and higher rise of the large L7/L10 BetterDrys. But for discreet/leak protection the Mediums are better for me since they don't have such a high rise and the gaps in the back are sealed better.

In my opinion the BetterDry Days have better leak protection/leg guards and absorb more than the Tena Slip Maxi's while being more comfortable and don't feel wet as fast or soon as Tena. I always feel like Tena Slip Maxi's are squishy and full after 1 wetting and need to be changed to avoid leaks whereas the BetterDrys don't get that same "wet and squishy" feeling until 2-3 wettings and they're full and ready to be changed. I prefer the plastic backing and waistband of the BetterDry's over the Tena too, but I do like the design of the Tena Slip Maxi's leakguards better but the taller rise and real/actual protection of the BetterDry is better in my experience.

Edit: The BetterDry Day is perfect for me for 2-3 wettings which is about as long as I want to be in a diaper anyway, and the BetterDry M10/L10 or Night whatever they're called are just too absorbent for realistic/length of time I want to wear, they're great don't get me wrong but I don't need or want anything that holds 4-5 wettings since I don't want a rash or anything like that! BetterDry Days are plenty for me!

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: diapeybabybrian and LePew
I have Betterdry normal and they are great at night, especially if I can a bit of a lay in. Otherwise it's an active ultima.

Cool, I’m really looking forward to it them!
Hopefully, if the betterdry day fits as well as the Tena Slip Maxi does, I’ll get the normal version too.

Gotta be honest, I’m getting tired of all the pinhole leaks on the Tena Slips and the hardship of hunting them down for international shipments.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian and Cherrypie
I really like the Tena Slip Maxi for wearing discreetly out and about. I have noticed pin hole leaks too, but they are never usually too severe.

Recently bought a case of the Tenas while Incontrol had them in stock, otherwise they are impossible to get in the states.

Have never tried the betterdry days yet, only Crinklz (which are better drys with a fun print).

meowmind said:
I really like the Tena Slip Maxi for wearing discreetly out and about. I have noticed pin hole leaks too, but they are never usually too severe.

Recently bought a case of the Tenas while Incontrol had them in stock, otherwise they are impossible to get in the states.

Have never tried the betterdry days yet, only Crinklz (which are better drys with a fun print).
yea I absolutely love how discrete Tena Slip Maxi are. Really hoping I can pull off that type of fit and slim profile in a betterdry day but I doubt it. as it looks to have a lot more padding up front.

Never tried Betterdry Day but Betetrdry normal are 100x better than any Tena product. I've had many packs of both, I would only ever buy Betterdry now.

blob said:
Never tried Betterdry Day but Betetrdry normal are 100x better than any Tena product. I've had many packs of both, I would only ever buy Betterdry now.
And you’re comparing them to the UK Tena Slip Active Fit products right? Not the crappy USA ones?

No pin hole leaks with actives here in the Netherlands.

LePew said:
And you’re comparing them to the UK Tena Slip Active Fit products right? Not the crappy USA ones?
Yep EU / UK Tena. Their glory days much like Abena, Molicare etc was decades ago now.

blob said:
Yep EU / UK Tena. Their glory days much like Abena, Molicare etc was decades ago now.
To be fair, I was wearing Tena Slip Maxis 15 years ago and they were awesome but there were far fewer high quality products out there to compete with them. I actually like the Active Fit versions better than the originals!

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193
The active fit version of the Tena Maxi and Ultima are the only two nappies I wear at the moment. I find the medium size of both fit me absolutely perfectly and I think both are great. Of the two versions, on balance I think I prefer the Maxi.

I’m hoping to try the Betterdry soon!

So I just tried the betterdry day without compression underwear. folded up, I’d say they’re the same size as Tena Slip Maxi but the shape is different. There’s more padding in the front and has a lot more room to stand off from the pelvis unline Tena Slips which sit very flush in the front on the pelvis. The end-result of this is there’s a lot more room in the front for my male bits in any position and that’s nice but it’s a lot less discrete from the front. My wife told me “it looks like something’s going on up front?”. And in the mirror - yea, it stands out and grabs your attention.

I’d say, not as discrete as Tena Slip Maxi so far. Going to try wearing a few different ways and of course observe how and where they swell up as they’re used.

First impressions are - I like them but they’re less discrete than Tena Slip Maxi. They fit differently and they feel different when worn in terms of where the material is and where the tapes hold them.

Bit of an update about how discrete the BetterDry Day are compared to Tena Slip Maxi. As it turns out, the BetterDry Day may be a bit less discrete when dry but they’re more discrete when wet. They distribute their much more evenly across the diaper preventing the trouser-tent that tena’s can sometimes do with their dense sap concentrations. The front are on the BetterDry has more padding and spreads the shape of the diaper more evenly between your legs rather then sticking our sharply due to the thinner Tena Slip Maxi profile.

So in summary, BetterDry Day is actually more discrete when wet and that’s very important; I’m actually more confident wearing these when wet.

That aside, I really like the way these feel when worn; they feel very dry and their odor control beats tena slip maxi. In fact, it beats every other diaper I’ve ever tried, it’s absolutely amazing!

I have been wearing the BeterDry at night and do like them for feel and capacity.

Tenawearer said:
I have been wearing the BeterDry at night and do like them for feel and capacity.
I was actually so impressed with BetterDry Day that I ordered their full capacity version. There’s probably no way I’d be able to wear it without it being blatantly obvious that I’m diapered as is usual with most max-capacity products. But I’m honestly so impressed that I just want to try them.

You should try the Day version

Last edited:
Down to my last actives so may well try some. Saving the actives so I am forced into an attends active m10. If the Betterdry days are plastic backed then I will check them out. Thanks Le Pew.

Tenawearer said:
Down to my last actives so may well try some. Saving the actives so I am forced into an attends active m10. If the Betterdry days are plastic backed then I will check them out. Thanks Le Pew.
You’ll have to change your name Tenawearer! BetterDrys are STILL out of stock at my usual supplier, so it’s still Tena Actives for me when I eventually get a chance to wear again.

Back