nightfox320

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
So, as the title states, I have been trying out some new diapers for my bed wetting. Due to price, I settled into using the Seni Super Plus about a year ago to manage my night time issues. The seni seems to work great for me most of the time. They are comfortable, keep the bed dry, and are discreet when staying over at others places.

However, I recently tried the betterdry brand to test how it will work for me at night. I will report that it kept the bed dry and were comfy to sleep in. But, when I woke up this morning I noticed I felt super wet. The diaper didn’t leak but my diaper area felt damp and clammy. This is strange considering the Seni normally feel rather dry despite being soaked from the night before.

I’m not sure how I feel about the betterdry and am going to try them again tonight, but i think I might stick with the cloth backed seni. Shocking I know.

Anyway would love to hear y’all’s input and opinions on the two brands. For reference I used the betterdry day for this test and normally wear the seni super.

You're not alone. I have used both and have had the same results. The reason is because of the absorption and distribution layer (ADL) and the top sheet.

The ADL doesn't just help distribute fluids across the padding. It also helps keep the wet padding away from your skin making you feel drier longer. a thicker topsheet can also have the same effect as well. The Seni ADL is much bigger than BetterDry's and their topsheet is a bit thicker and fluffier adding to the dryer feeling. BetterDry does absorb more than the Seni but after a long night you won't feel as dry.

Interesting. I've tried both and settled on Betterdry as the withstood leakage a little better than the Seni though both were admittedly pretty good. Cost wise they're in the same league too, which is nice as most other overnight "protection" in this class costs 3-10x as much~

My biggest issue I had with Seni overnight was trying to find a way to keep the diaper "snug" enough to prevent gaps which are instant leaks as the hook & look simply didn't handle as well as the adhesive tapes though during the day I found little to no advantage to the PE shell other than preference. Either way, both work well though the super tall leak guards in the Betterdry make them superior with an additional booster pad, and for me that broke the tie as I often wind up asleep long past the 12-14 hour point, especially in the winter.

loadedpamperman said:
trying to find a way to keep the diaper "snug" enough to prevent gaps which are instant leaks as the hook & look simply didn't handle as well as the adhesive tapes
I had this same problem. I ended up using a three inch clear packing tape, gorilla brand heavy duty, to make my own tape zone on the front then using two and a half inch 3M heavy duty clear packing tape to make the tapes. Since the leg gathers on the Seni aren't covered by excessive padding in the wings I'm able to get away with just one tape on each side and a single strip for the landing zone. It's a bit of work to get done because it takes quite a bit of burnishing to make sure the tape stays in place but it makes for a pretty nice and comfy diaper that stays put when you're done.

If you try this don't forget to add another piece of tape to the other side of the one you place on the back overlapping at least a quarter of an inch on the first one. Other wise it won't hold together at all.

Last edited:
Try tena active fit ultima if you want the best of both worlds.

Betterdry is like waking up sat on soggy cardboard.

• Thinking
Reactions: hmi1972 and CptKirk
Have only use Better Drys .So Sorry I can't help you much with Seni Super Plus.
I do like to use the Better Drys quite often ....

Back