Betterdry diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
chuck said:

Nowhere remotely near that. An ISO Twenty-foot container measures 8ft x 8ft 20ft. Using a pack of Tena Maxis as a reference (18cm x 24cm x 40 cm), that's 2,000 packs, or 48,000 nappies. Half that for something as thick and wide as a Space, Rearz, Betterdry, etc.

I'd imagine you can look at alibaba's minimum order amount for an idea. they probably manufacture by the container.

i just did the 5 million thing by weight and :laugh: @ 20ft container. having handballed many a container, i should really do the whole number-crunching gig, but i can't be arsed :biggrin:.

the specs are on the pages given, and they're not worth a toss. Amer/Euro/Jap comparables are available from China, but the costs per diaper are also more towards being comparable.

Quick, Robin! To the Math Cave!

A case of 80 space diapers in inches is 30x26x11, 8580 cubic inches.

A standard shipping container is 8x8.6x40ft, 96x103x480 inches, about 4.7 million cubic inches.

Assuming all space could be used, that's around 550 cases per container, or about 44,000 diapers.

Some diaper cases are considerably smaller, and a few are a little bigger. There are also 53 foot long and 9.6 foot tall shipping containers. Space diapers are some of the largest by volume. So ymmv. But that gets you a good ballpark starting number. Based on that, I'd wager a 40ft container holds between 40 and 100 thousand diapers, depending on the diaper.

I know I've seen 100,000 as a minimum order size for one kind of diaper on alibaba. One source I read quoted one machine makes 250 diapers per minute. 360,000 per day not counting setups and downtime. That may have been for less premium or baby diapers though which may go considerably faster.

i've got a Betterdry question: has anybody in the UK gotten samples from Betterdry?
i tried to order a couple of days ago and the page said that they didn't deliver to my location (NW England).
:dunno:

ade said:
i've got a Betterdry question: has anybody in the UK gotten samples from Betterdry?
i tried to order a couple of days ago and the page said that they didn't deliver to my location (NW England).
:dunno:

try nappies r us

Can someone link me to the site of where these are from?

I got mine from save express just type that in you're search engine and it should come up WWW.SaveExpress.de

parcelboy2 said:
try nappies r us

i did, but their 'samples' button doesn't work :eek!:
anyway, they're actually my new localish supplier (now that i've ditched Indaslip) under the guise of Incontinence Shop. i'll try to get down there some time this week.
ta, anyway.

Too bad so many people are "closeted" in their wear/use, if everybody was able to have diapers around we could do a group buy and get awesome prices (on another of my websites we do this and get some phenomenal buys on our toys).

Unfortunately so many people have to hide there "stash" that the logistics of it would be off the charts, I wouldn't mind being a base for safe storage for more than my own supply.

he buyed, he tried, "don't like 'em!" he cried.

they're an awful design, reminiscent of some local, poor quality cuts of yore. the width of the crotch, overall, is about 10 inches, stretching to almost 11, not the 12 as is claimed on the packet. in real terms, they're 4 inches narrower than Comficare.
and crucially, the distance between the pad and the elastics is only around 1cm (had different measurements each side), leaving no material to cup around the pad, especially when wetted. this will likely result in leaks. compare this with the 3.75cm of Comficare.

and, as i'm just finding out, the plastic is quite stretchy in use, needing me to re-affix the tapes.

not worth the distance travelled for them.

I hate when companies mess up a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I also hate how they say it will be an improvement, but it's nothing but a way to cheapen the product for better profit.

To make it even better, their website is down.

I feel the same as you Ade I don't like them a lot either, I've went mental and bought a case of them as I thought they were going to be like the Dry 24/7 as they look very similar in the look, as the dry's are so damn expensive in Europe to buy!!

I've emailed the company to let them know my thoughts, I think it's the best way to get changes made after-al we're the buying public and they relie on us to buy their products.

When the original Comficares first came out they were the best nappy I've ever tried, look, feel, sound, absorbency etc... my only bugbear was the fit being a little tight round the legs but they were simply awesome apart from that.

Like the previous post said if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

They should take what they had from the old product that sold millions and use it on the new style. Plastic, landing pad, etc..

Just my thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the same as you Ade I don't like them a lot either, I went mental and bought a case of them as I thought they were going to be like the Dry 24/7 as they look very similar in the look, as the dry's are so damn expensive in Europe to buy!!

I've emailed the company to let them know my thoughts, I think it's the best way to get changes made after-al we're the buying public and they relie on us to buy their products.

When the original Comficares first came out they were the best nappy I've ever tried, look, feel, sound, absorbency etc... my only bugbear was the fit being a little tight round the legs but they were simply awesome apart from that.

Like the previous post said if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

They should take what they had from the old product that sold millions and use it on the new style. Plastic, landing pad, etc..

Just my thoughts.

No way! Another Travis! Ha Ha! Nice to meet you! And yes, the landing strip is the cremé de le cremé of diaper design!

<3 Travis

Yeah I brought 40 of them.. They suck. Plastic too stretchy, no tapezone, two time only tapes.

Uh-oh I just ordered 3 packs of them and 1 Crinklz :x
I hope I will not be dissapointed! I will only be using MyDiaper then. They are really cheap for ABDL diapers and also really top quality!

Gingaburger said:
Yeah I brought 40 of them.. They suck. Plastic too stretchy, no tapezone, two time only tapes.
Yep they're crap !

I'm just trying the first one and it feels quite good. The only thing that I'm missing from comficare is the thick plastic front..

i like them they do hold a lot, are comfortale and the tapes are good to, but i understand the dissapointments as if you are expecting a improved conficare these arent that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back