jakediapybum

A incontinent crinkle butt living a crinkly life
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hi guys! I am completely 24/7 in diapers due to incontinence. Recently my skin has been extra angry and sensitive. I used desitin 24/7 for years and have also tried Boudreaux’s butt paste A&D, Mustela, Coconut oil and triple paste. I have also struggled with the occasional candida rash which I would clear up with a antifungal cream. Recently I switched back to in control elite hybrid diapers. I know they always worked great but my skin is burning when I wear them. I don’t know if it’s the diaper itself or something in the creams that my skin is sensitive to that I’m using but it’s not seeming to get it under control. so I wanted to see what works for you guys.

Ps the Incontrol active air caused my skin to be terribly damp so I had to stop using them because they were horrible at wicking moisture. At least for me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: CheshireCat and Edgewater
The foundation to avoiding diaper rash is to be as dry as possible. 24/7 does not make that ease, but a fast wicking, high quality diaper helps. Take care regarding the diaper as you may have become more sensitive to some of the chemicals used to fight odder.

I have found that for whatever reason, that if I use a specific cream or paste its not as effect or itself causes problems. As a result, I have been switching between the leading brands not using this of that cream or paste more than three to four days. Also switching between cream style and paste style.

Cannot wait for Sumer to get here as Winter dry skin can also be problematic. We have a full home humidifier on our forced air furnace, but natural humidity above 55% percent is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony, HereWeGo2169, Zeke and 2 others
Edgewater said:
The foundation to avoiding diaper rash is to be as dry as possible. 24/7 does not make that ease, but a fast wicking, high quality diaper helps. Take care regarding the diaper as you may have become more sensitive to some of the chemicals used to fight odder.

I have found that for whatever reason, that if I use a specific cream or paste it not as effect or itself causes problems. As a result, I have been switching between the leading brands not using this of that cream or paste more than three to four days. Also switching between cream style and paste style.

Cannot wait for Sumer to get here as Winter dry skin can also be problematic. We have a full home humidifier on our forced air furnace, but natural humidity above 55% percent is nice.
I took an 24-7 and have sensitive skin and I too switch creams and ointments on a 2&3day rotation as I have noticed using just desitin for instance after a while seems to give me a rash. Also I bought some large washable bed pads and every night I lay on one of em for a bit and let my skin breathe that has been a game changer. In time you'll figure out what works for you... In the summer and winter as I find the season creates it's own set of issues and my skin care changes with it best of luck as it can definitely be a pain 🤙

Reactions: Edgewater and CheshireCat
I also have very sensitive skin in female areas ! I do try to keep myself clean as possibles as I can !
I do like to use Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder along with Johnson's Soft Lotion on them areas . If I feel like a rash starting I put on some Lamisil cream on .
Yes it for athletes foot fungus but it works fast plus Diaper rash is an fungus also !

Reactions: jakediapybum and Edgewater
A rash that won't clear up within a few days is a good reason to see a doctor. Causes can range from allergies to some of the chemicals used in making your diapers, to fungal and bacterial infections that are resistant to typical treatments. A doctor can identify what's causing the trash, and once you know that you can figure out how to treat it effectively.

if you can get a reasonably quick appointment with a dermatologist, that's ideal. Otherwise, go see your primary care doctor, or even go to urgent care.

I know it's embarrassing to have to see a doctor about an adult diaper rash, but taking care of your health needs to be a higher priority than avoiding embarrassment.

Reactions: newt, jakediapybum, Edgewater and 1 other person
Lots of great advice given. I would also recommend purchasing some less absorbent medical diapers - Tena, Seni, Abena - that would force you to change more often. I don't care how dry a high absorbency diaper feels when wet, it is still wet and creating a very moist environment. This would also let you determine if you have become sensitive to something in your preferred high absorbency diaper.

Change more often. Wash (don't scrub) between changes. Allow yourself 20 minutes without a diaper between changes to dry the skin thoroughly. Rotate your skin barriers. See a health professional if it doesn't go away.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Zeke, jakediapybum and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
I don't care how dry a high absorbency diaper feels when wet, it is still wet and creating a very moist environment.
This. Keep those super absorbent diapers for bedtime.

I used to get rashes quite often, even when changing every 4 to 6 hours. Then I stopped using baby powder. I use Desitin (13% zinc oxide) or Desitin maximum strength (40% zinc oxide) liberally. And, no matter what, I always use a few wipes for every change.

If f you find yourself getting a rash, use Zeosorb anti fungal powder with Desitin. That has always worked for me.

Reactions: Edgewater, Seasonedcitizen, CheshireCat and 1 other person
Your diet and the amount of water you drink can have a profound affect on how deleterious your bodily emissions can be to your skin. Stay hydrated to keep your urine less concentrated and thereby less harmful to your skin. The same applies to your GI track and what you put in it. Probiotics, Greek yogurt, and reducing your sugar and red meat intake can all help. The Rhino tushie I had thought I had developed has been failing me lately and I too have been using vast quantities of zinc oxide ointment. I just received a gallon refill container of Softsoap with Aloe Vera which I used to wash with, but ran out a few months back. In fact just about the time when I started to experience diaper rash more often so you may want to try that as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and jakediapybum
Edgewater said:

I have found that for whatever reason, that if I use a specific cream or paste its not as effect or itself causes problems. As a result, I have been switching between the leading brands not using this of that cream or paste more than three to four days. Also switching between cream style and paste style.

It’s strange because I have used these in the past and they caused no issues until now. I just wonder if In control is really bad with wicking moisture

Reactions: Edgewater
There is a product called Calmoseptine. Thatbis the best thing to treat more severe rashes. It cools and soothes, protects, and has lotsa skin healing stuff in it.

best way to my knowledge is to get a big tub of A+D ointment possibly some zinc oxide ointment apply it to your diaper area before you put on a fresh diaper and be very strict with personal hygiene for the next few days to a couple weeks by that i mean if you have messing accidents be very though on clean up and regardless take a shower every day and clean around that area very thoroughly.

Last edited:
For SURE stay up on your hygiene, and make sure to allow time to air out between diapers and after washing. Also, remember to stay hydrated as possible, to help dilute what comes in contact with your skin.

You might also consider talking to your healthcare provider about some prescription strength rash cream, @jakediapybum.

These are all great ways to address a rash, ultimately I've found it's important to switch things up until you find the root cause or heal the rash. Some suggestions are ALWAYS good: staying hydrated, treating early and often with rash cream, intentionally changing more often and airing out as much as possible.

Determining what's causing the sensitivity is more of a trial and error process, there's so many things it could be... There may be something in your diet that's making it to your urine for example that your skin has developed an allergy to. Chemicals in the diaper or just the fit can cause rashes, and that's something that can happen at any time and for no apparent reason even (nothing obvious changed, except for your skin!) Some diaper rashes are fungal as others pointed out but not all of them are, some are just simply agitation that needs to be addressed for it to clear up. Recently, I've been having trouble with Desitin daily care, it actually burns slightly when applying it which didn't used to be the case! More frequent / better gentle cleaning of the diaper area (shower or wet washcloth) seems to help remove buildup and reset the skins pH, along with more frequent changes can also help.

Skin is funny, and we stress it a lot more when we wear and use diapers - comes with the territory! Trying to identify the exact cause by trying different things is not easy or quick to do either, so having a good treatment cream can help and even cure it while we try to figure it out. What starts out as a simple friction rash can quickly turn into a fungal rash due to the skin breakdown.

For airing out, you could go without diapers by sitting on a pad or using a condom catheter. Location of rash, anatomy and ability to be nakid may limit the options available but it can be really helpful in clearing it up faster! I also have fabric covered diapers on hand because that sometimes helps, but isn't my preferred diaper.

Doctor visits and prescriptions may be necessary and more helpful than over the counter products. I keep a prescription for an oral yeast infection (fungal) medicine on hand for when I get a persistent infection that's not responding to regular creams - kinda a no harm / no foul treatment that works quickly if it was fungal based before visiting the doctor.

Last edited:
PupSpaz said:
These are all great ways to address a rash, ultimately I've found it's important to switch things up until you find the root cause or heal the rash. Some suggestions are ALWAYS good, like staying hydrated and intentionally changing more often. Determining what's causing the sensitivity is more of a trial and error process, there's so many things it could be... There may be something in your diet that's making it to your urine for example that your skin has developed an allergy to. Chemicals in the diaper or just the fit can cause rashes, and that's something that can happen at any time and for no apparent reason even (nothing obvious changed, except for your skin!) Some diaper rashes are fungal as others pointed out but not all of them are, some are just simply agitation that needs to be addressed for it to clear up. Recently, I've been having trouble with Desitin daily care, it actually burns slightly when applying it which didn't used to be the case! More frequent / better gentle cleaning of the diaper area (shower or wet washcloth) seems to help remove buildup and reset the skins pH, along with more frequent changes can also help.

Skin is funny, and we stress it a lot more when we wear and use diapers - comes with the territory! Trying to identify the exact cause by trying different things is not easy or quick to do either, so having a good treatment cream can help and even cure it while we try to figure it out. What starts out as a simple friction rash can quickly turn into a fungal rash due to the skin breakdown.

Doctor visits and prescriptions may be necessary and more helpful than over the counter products. I keep a prescription for an oral yeast infection (fungal) medicine on hand for when I get a persistent infection that's not responding to regular creams - kinda a no harm / no foul treatment that works quickly if it was fungal based before visiting the doctor.
PupSpaz said:
These are all great ways to address a rash, ultimately I've found it's important to switch things up until you find the root cause or heal the rash. Some suggestions are ALWAYS good, like staying hydrated and intentionally changing more often. Determining what's causing the sensitivity is more of a trial and error process, there's so many things it could be... There may be something in your diet that's making it to your urine for example that your skin has developed an allergy to. Chemicals in the diaper or just the fit can cause rashes, and that's something that can happen at any time and for no apparent reason even (nothing obvious changed, except for your skin!) Some diaper rashes are fungal as others pointed out but not all of them are, some are just simply agitation that needs to be addressed for it to clear up. Recently, I've been having trouble with Desitin daily care, it actually burns slightly when applying it which didn't used to be the case! More frequent / better gentle cleaning of the diaper area (shower or wet washcloth) seems to help remove buildup and reset the skins pH, along with more frequent changes can also help.

I really hope it’s not the diapers :( I used in control for a long time and they really are great

jakediapybum said:
Hi guys! I am completely 24/7 in diapers due to incontinence. Recently my skin has been extra angry and sensitive. I used desitin 24/7 for years and have also tried Boudreaux’s butt paste A&D, Mustela, Coconut oil and triple paste. I have also struggled with the occasional candida rash which I would clear up with a antifungal cream. Recently I switched back to in control elite hybrid diapers. I know they always worked great but my skin is burning when I wear them. I don’t know if it’s the diaper itself or something in the creams that my skin is sensitive to that I’m using but it’s not seeming to get it under control. so I wanted to see what works for you guys.

Ps the Incontrol active air caused my skin to be terribly damp so I had to stop using them because they were horrible at wicking moisture. At least for me.
Hello! I recently found a product called Triple Paste that has worked very well for me. I was able to find this in Wal-Mart. It is pricey, however it works. I would definitely consult your doctor if you are having to use an antifungal cream though. Hope this helps & hope you feel better.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206_174844.jpg
    Screenshot_20230206_174844.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Love
Reactions: jakediapybum and Edgewater
@jakediapybum , I've had to change brands due to rash being caused due to the fit, after years of using it without issue! Nothing obvious changed from the manufacturer, but using a different diaper cleared up the issue... And returning to the old familiar brand caused it again! If it's a matter of fit and friction rash, you can also try switching up how you tape the product to relieve the pressure, it may work or it may not.

The occasional diaper rash comes with the territory, and usually can be cleared up with quick attention and treatment! Hopefully you can get things settled down without much fuss!

PupSpaz said:
@jakediapybum , I've had to change brands due to rash being caused due to the fit, after years of using it without issue! Nothing obvious changed from the manufacturer, but using a different diaper cleared up the issue... And returning to the old familiar brand caused it again! If it's a matter of fit and friction rash, you can also try switching up how you tape the product to relieve the pressure, it may work or it may not.

The occasional diaper rash comes with the territory, and usually can be cleared up with quick attention and treatment! Hopefully you can get things settled down without much fuss!
It could also be just nerves. I get anxious when I switch diapers and tend to get physical manifestations of anxiety in the strangest ways due to trauma in that area so who knows with me. My skin isn’t that red at all that’s why I’m thinking that

jakediapybum said:
It could also be just nerves. I get anxious when I switch diapers and tend to get physical manifestations of anxiety in the strangest ways due to trauma in that area so who knows with me. My skin isn’t that red at all that’s why I’m thinking that
Lol, yep! Switch out your nerves then, see if that helps! (Easier said than done, obviously!)

Stress in general leads to all sorts of physiological manifestations... Some people eat more, some eat less, other random things seem to get thrown out of whack or more sensitive or more prone to damage. For many of us, wearing diapers helps us take care of our whole being, so taking care of small issues / rashes before they become big issues is kinda important. Not to mention, slippery slope of irritated skin making you worry / stressing you more and possibly making it worse! Occasional rash is normal, just know there's a lot you can do to help clear it up and work towards finding the solution that works for you!

PupSpaz said:
Lol, yep! Switch out your nerves then, see if that helps! (Easier said than done, obviously!)

Stress in general leads to all sorts of physiological manifestations... Some people eat more, some eat less, other random things seem to get thrown out of whack or more sensitive or more prone to damage. For many of us, wearing diapers helps us take care of our whole being, so taking care of small issues / rashes before they become big issues is kinda important. Not to mention, slippery slope of irritated skin making you worry / stressing you more and possibly making it worse! Occasional rash is normal, just know there's a lot you can do to help clear it up and work towards finding the solution that works for you!
Find it super interesting that you can have a psycho physiological feeling of a diaper rash and it’s not even there it’s just a neurological manifestation. I had that for years after I had my trauma I had pelvic pain and different skin burning manifestations, and nothing at all was physiologically wrong.

• Wow
jakediapybum said:
Find it super interesting that you can have a psycho physiological feeling of a diaper rash and it’s not even there it’s just a neurological manifestation. I had that for years after I had my trauma I had pelvic pain and different skin burning manifestations, and nothing at all was physiologically wrong.
Definitely! The human mind is an amazing thing, and it can make you think something is there that isn't or even create problems from nothing! Also gives you imagination, hope, inspiration, love and enjoyment!

Back