Best Diaper

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Ok so I have tried quite a few diapers the latest being Abena which are among the worst. With Comfy Dry being out of business, Mega Max being out of my reach because of shipping costs I don't know if I have the best diaper or not. Really not looking at ABDL diapers. Ideas?

Really Abena being the worst?
I wear Abena L4 plastic diapers every day never let me down with my IC

Have you checked out Trest?

Reactions: Riley, MegaLugia and Jorelaxed
I agree, Abena makes a very nice product. Maybe you got a bad batch. I have used M3 and M4 and they were excellent.

Reactions: MegaLugia and SparkyDog
Are you looking for overnight or daytime?

DadPhilosopher said:
I agree, Abena makes a very nice product. Maybe you got a bad batch. I have used M3 and M4 and they were excellent.
Nothing beats old school pin on cloth diapers and plastic pants that is what I have worn all of my life and I love everything about them and also love having to wear my diapers and plastic pants all the time and every where I go

Reactions: TheBlueHeron
Oh, @lilshelly I just had a thought. Abena comes in 4 "levels," so to speak. If you tried level 1 or 2 and they weren't adequate for the task at hand, try a 3 or 4. 3 holds almost as much as 4 with less bulk, but can't cope with flooding as well, especially once it starts to fill, because it is more dependent on SAP where the 4 has more fluff.

I'm not an Abena salesman or anything, but I really liked them, and feel like something other than Abena making a bad product may be in play here. They are wicking wonders, too, distributing moisture out to the edges nearly as well as cloth, and using almost the entire pad before leaking. Northshore Supreme is the only other disposable I know that wicks so well. I highly recommend those, if you're looking for another option to try.

I did note that the cloth backed ones "sweated" a little once they started to fill. Perhaps that is what you disliked so much. They offer plastic backed ones, (though by reputation they bunch a little more) or there's always plastic pants.

Just my rambling 2 cents. I hope you find something you like, Abena or otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp and SparkyDog
DadPhilosopher said:
Oh, @lilshelly I just had a thought. Abena comes in 4 "levels," so to speak. If you tried level 1 or 2 and they weren't adequate for the task at hand, try a 3 or 4. 3 holds almost as much as 4 with less bulk, but can't cope with flooding as well, especially once it starts to fill, because it is more dependent on SAP where the 4 has more fluff.

I'm not an Abena salesman or anything, but I really liked them, and feel like something other than Abena making a bad product may be in play here. They are wicking wonders, too, distributing moisture out to the edges nearly as well as cloth, and using almost the entire pad before leaking. Northshore Supreme is the only other disposable I know that wicks so well. I highly recommend those, if you're looking for another option to try.

I did note that the cloth backed ones "sweated" a little once they started to fill. Perhaps that is what you disliked so much. They offer plastic backed ones, (though by reputation they bunch a little more) or there's always plastic pants.

Just my rambling 2 cents. I hope you find something you like, Abena or otherwise.
The problem I have with the Abeana is the fact when I took it off all of the fluff in front fell to the middle of the diaper. The ones that I got as samples are the plastic backed diapers. As far as what I like I have been using the betterdry so I will just keep using them.

Reactions: legojoker88 and PadPhilosopher
lilshelly said:
The problem I have with the Abeana is the fact when I took it off all of the fluff in front fell to the middle of the diaper. The ones that I got as samples are the plastic backed diapers. As far as what I like I have been using the betterdry so I will just keep using them.
How long were you wearing them?

lilshelly said:
The plastic ones I've heard can do that. I don't think I tried them. The cloth ones I used didn't seem to have that problem.

Last edited:
DadPhilosopher said:
The plastic ones I've heard can do that. I don't think I tried them. The cloth ones I used didn't seem to have that problem.
I get the padding to clump too but after multiple wettings & like 6+ hrs of being in them

SparkyDog said:
I get the padding to clump too but after multiple wettings & like 6+ hrs of being in them
Yeah it may not be the best thing to do but for instance l work a 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. I put a diaper on before I leave about 5:30 and I won't be able to get out of it until 3:30.

A good diaper you could try is BetterDry. They are very absorbent and can hold up for quite a few hours if you can't change at work. I personally wear Tena Slip Maxi and Seni Super Quatro. They fit perfectly to my needs but I think that you will need to try different products in order to find the perfect diaper.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
charliee said:
A good diaper you could try is BetterDry. They are very absorbent and can hold up for quite a few hours if you can't change at work. I personally wear Tena Slip Maxi and Seni Super Quatro. They fit perfectly to my needs but I think that you will need to try different products in order to find the perfect diaper.
That's what the OP is currently using. ;) I guess great minds think alike.

Reactions: lilshelly
DadPhilosopher said:
That's what the OP is currently using. ;) I guess great minds think alike.
Wasn't he using Abena?

charliee said:
Wasn't he using Abena?
Tried Abena, yes, but didn't like them. Using BetterDry now.

Last edited:
Reactions: charliee
DadPhilosopher said:
Tried Abena, yes, but didn't like them. Using BetterDry now.
Oh, you're right. I woke up some 10 min ago. I guess I'm still not fully awake... 😅

Back