Best diaper that I can still use toilet.

RamseyTheWet

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have sudden urge issues. I need to go, I need to go now. But it's not all the time but I do wet often, but most of the time I can still use the toilet about 80-90% of the time.

So I am looking for a diaper that can take a decent surge, but I can undo and redo to use the toilet when I can.

Pull ups are doable, but I prefer tape on as they are easier to change. I'm currently using the CVS cloth back diapers, but they don't hold up well enough sometimes, so something similar but slightly better is what I'm looking for.

Reactions: Diprs2
Bambino Ultra-Stretch. Used to be a print version, but don't see it now. It's stretchy sides, so VERY easy to pull down, like underwear.
RamseyTheWet said:
I have sudden urge issues. I need to go, I need to go now. But it's not all the time but I do wet often, but most of the time I can still use the toilet about 80-90% of the time.

So I am looking for a diaper that can take a decent surge, but I can undo and redo to use the toilet when I can.

Pull ups are doable, but I prefer tape on as they are easier to change. I'm currently using the CVS cloth back diapers, but they don't hold up well enough sometimes, so something similar but slightly better is what I'm looking for.

I use Northshore Supremes and shimmy them down and back up. Works for me.

Reactions: Diprs2, eastcoastdl, chrischrischris and 1 other person
The TENA ProSkin Flex Maxi may be a consideration. Hybrid diapers that use velcro with a dedicated landing strip might work as well.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, slimjiminy and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
The TENA ProSkin Flex Maxi may be a consideration. Hybrid diapers that use velcro with a dedicated landing strip might work as well.
Another vote for these from me! They’re great!

I like threaded armor cloth for this too!

I frequently wear full taped disposables and pull the diaper down to sit on a toilet. Then I just pull it back up after I'm done. If I'm at a urinal I just push the front down a bit and go over the top. I think leaving the tapes taped while pulling it up or down works just fine.

Reactions: Diprs2, BunnyFofo and chrischrischris
messydiaper said:
I frequently wear full taped disposables and pull the diaper down to sit on a toilet. Then I just pull it back up after I'm done. If I'm at a urinal I just push the front down a bit and go over the top. I think leaving the tapes taped while pulling it up or down works just fine.
Yeah same - I've never had a problem just pulling a taped diaper down like underwear.

Reactions: Diprs2, chrischrischris and messydiaper
You can undo the tapes on megamax and on hook-and-loop diapers from abu

I use Cvs and Walgreens diapers every day. If I go to the toilet I'll undo on side or pull it down or just use my diaper. I also use pullups.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Sidewinder
I mostly use Attends Slip Active to work and when going out.
I tape it loose enough to push down the front when I have to go and have managed to be in front of a toilet.
Use a tight fitting underwear of your choice to keep it from being too soggy when really wet.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
I agree that a good quality diaper can be pulled down to use a toilet or urinal, then pulled back up without affecting the diaper's absorbency. I discovered this method as my incontinence began worsening more than 20 years ago. It allowed me to buy better quality diapers and use fewer of them. For this method to work most effectively, I wear regular underwear and a plastic diaper cover over my MegaMax. Because of the combined effects of advancing diabetes and extremely low testosterone, it's no longer possible for me to use a urinal. It wouldn't make sense to try, since I wet uncontrollably, often, and in small amounts. But there are still times when I can use a toilet to poop, and that saves diapers, and money, too.

Would I rather give up using the toilet entirely? Sure. But, while I still can I will poop in the potty like a big kid whenever possible. Hearing "Oh, good, you got to the potty in time!" still feels affirming at my age. And I'll gladly receive affirmation however and whenever it comes.

CheshireCat said:
EcoIncon said:
Another vote for these from me! They’re great!
I will also give a vote for these if you don't like pull ups, used to use these when I worked warehouse, comfortable discrete and easy there is a belt around the waist and the diaper part comes up and attaches to the front with velcro, can up undone held to the side to wee and put back. I do remember them leaking a little if you let out a really fast heavy flow though it was years ago i used them so tena may have altered the design.
R.e06b18476e809fc80575b4aff34f7510

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and (deleted member)
The one issue I had with the Flex Maxi is that the back belt seems higher than my pants waist line. So what is seen is the papery belt that goes around to the front as the velcro landing zone. It's not much of an issue if you keep your shirt long and hung over it, or jeans with a taller waist.

Tena Flex is a good idea, but not my choice, i think the Molicare Premium Elastic 8/9 are best for that issue.

Once fixed they are as flexible a a Pull-Up, but with the benefits of a real diaper.

Alternatively like @OnePiece said, i use the Attends Active L8, because i get them paid from my insurance and it is possible to get them aside, but not as easy as the Premium Elastic.

RamseyTheWet said:

Abu simple, works well maybe a plastic backed with hook and loop tabs with a heavy weight plastic pant cover. Its what i use.. and when i have to go its like now. Bowels so as long as i can make it to bathroom do what i need to do, and reapply diapers are so much easier to change than pullups with pullups they prone to leaking, plus u have to take pants off...

If you are going to wear a tab style diaper, I would say one with a landing pad that you can easily adjust and retape like Rearz or megamax

Walmarts Assurance Stretch are what I use. They fit the bill of slightly better than the CVS briefs and are inexpensive. The stretch sides make it easy to toilet when needed. They are more absorbent than the CVS briefs.

Last edited:
TheBabyPants said:
If you are going to wear a tab style diaper, I would say one with a landing pad that you can easily adjust and retape like Rearz or megamax
A good idea and good diapers too, but be aware that when you undo the tapes, they make a loud noise in the wearer's ears.

An other idea is to use a shaped pad diaper. Tena and Attends has them, perhaps other manufacturers too.
They look like a very large women's pad with extra front and back covering. I have used them.
You will need some good underwear to support them. Easy and soundless to change.

Tena Flex Maxi, Seni Optima( cloth backed with welcro) or Attends Active Slip( plastic backed with cloth wings, double tapes which means you can unstick diaper 2 times, 1 tape on each side) is solution for you

Reactions: Diprs2 and OnePiece
Back