Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaperLifer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm currently using Pampers Size 7 Cruisers (in Canada)
And is usually held in place by a XL Goodnites.
What's your favorite combination?
I was thinking maybe Huggies, as I'm in my mid 30s and never tried the brand before.
I usually slit these diapers to act as a flow through booster

Reactions: Magicalgirl101
I personally rarely use baby diapers as boosters. I tend to stick to abdl boosters, like abu power ups. On the few occasions I have used baby diapers I tend to stick to good nites xl.

Reactions: DiaperLifer
Pampers swaddlers are my absolute favorite as a booster followed very closely by luvs. I do not like Huggies at all... their baby diapers feel like coarse sandpaper to me which is odd because I really like goodnites XL and find them supremely comfortable. Wal mart and Kroger house brand are pretty good too if you want something a little less expensive that still works good! Just my 2 cents.

Huggies Overnite diapers hold an amazing amount

Reactions: DiaperLifer
PampersCowboy said:
Huggies Overnite diapers hold an amazing amount
ty

Most baby diapers are great for this purpose, as they commonly hold between 15 and 25 times their dry weight. Besides that, they're cheap, available anywhere, and easy to carry and dispose of.

Here are the highest-capacity baby diapers of the ones I've tested, using them as liners, but you really can't go wrong.

Last edited:
I’ve tried a few baby diapers and by far the best is the size 5 Pampers swaddlers overnights due to them having the highest absorbency and the softest lining. There are cheaper baby diapers (baby dry, cruisers, luvs, huggies), but they lack the insanely soft lining of the swaddlers.

Size 5 over size 6 due to lower cost and negligible absorbency difference between 5 and 6. The smaller size of 5 also makes it somewhat more doable to put two size 5 swaddlers overnights side by side, forcing quite the waddle once wet.

I haven’t tried smaller sizes. They might also work but will likely have less front to back coverage.

I also don’t use adult boosters anymore from tykables, rearz, abu, etc. once u experience the softness of the swaddlers, it’s hard to go back to adult boosters.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
Dhuum said:
I’ve tried a few baby diapers and by far the best is the size 5 Pampers swaddlers overnights due to them having the highest absorbency and the softest lining. There are cheaper baby diapers (baby dry, cruisers, luvs, huggies), but they lack the insanely soft lining of the swaddlers.

Size 5 over size 6 due to lower cost and negligible absorbency difference between 5 and 6. The smaller size of 5 also makes it somewhat more doable to put two size 5 swaddlers overnights side by side, forcing quite the waddle once wet.

I haven’t tried smaller sizes. They might also work but will likely have less front to back coverage.

I also don’t use adult boosters anymore from tykables, rearz, abu, etc. once u experience the softness of the swaddlers, it’s hard to go back to adult boosters.

That sounds like a great choice. The largest Swaddler I've tried is size 3 and that one maxed out at an impressive 515 ml or 21.5 times its dry weight. A 5 or 6 would be even better.

I got a Huggies Little Movers Plus size 5 to 847 ml. And at least a couple of years ago they were only 31 cents a piece.

Last edited:
WillFord384 said:
That sounds like a great choice. The largest Swaddler I've tried is size 3 and that one maxed out at an impressive 515 ml or 21.5 times its dry weight. A 5 or 6 would be even better.

I got a Huggies Little Movers Plus size 5 to 847 ml. And at least a couple of years ago they were only 31 cents a piece.
Certainly the smaller size you go the more economical! I was tempted to go smaller, but I like having a longer baby diaper that can stretch from front to back well.

Pampers are the most expensive to be sure compared to Huggies and luvs, but the better quality is really nice to have.

Dhuum said:
Certainly the smaller size you go the more economical! I was tempted to go smaller, but I like having a longer baby diaper that can stretch from front to back well.

Pampers are the most expensive to be sure compared to Huggies and luvs, but the better quality is really nice to have.

That sounds right about the smaller size. Here's a table of the best capacity per dollar I've gotten from baby diapers, and the top entry, far above second place, is a size 3.

There are also a couple of size 1, though also a size 7.

Then again, a big factor in price/performance is watching for sales. Everything in this table is based on the normal price.

Dhuum said:

Now, we don't need the better quality IMO. We're using these things as boosters, not actual diapers. I've always prefered Luvs 6 because of the slight scent they have. Next time I go to the store, I'd be willing to get a pack of Huggies little movers if they were available in a pack of 20 or whatever, not an entire box.

WillFord384 said:
That sounds right about the smaller size. Here's a table of the best capacity per dollar I've gotten from baby diapers, and the top entry, far above second place, is a size 3.

There are also a couple of size 1, though also a size 7.

Then again, a big factor in price/performance is watching for sales. Everything in this table is based on the normal price.
As always, thanks for the info Willford384, always nice to see the hard work you went through for the Camelotion diaper wiki. I'll use your chart to get a pack of Huggies little movers if I see a pack @ the store. If it's only available in a big box of 100+ diapers, forget it.

Reactions: WillFord384
Antientmariner said:
As always, thanks for the info Willford384, always nice to see the hard work you went through for the Camelotion diaper wiki. I'll use your chart to get a pack of Huggies little movers if I see a pack @ the store. If it's only available in a big box of 100+ diapers, forget it.

Before I ever thought of taking photos or creating a public wiki, the seed of the project was that I wondered which adult and baby diapers were more cost effective. So I started keeping some notes, and then things got out of hand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back