Best adult diaper for power wheelchair user/nonambulatory

emp711 said:
It does not matter if you are a guy or girl that is still the issue… Family/companion restrooms have at least afforded me the opportunity to be changed in my wheelchair (I have a permobil that can recline to flat) if I have to because there is no way I can stand up nor will I let anybody put me on the floor in a public restroom). I do everything to avoid public changes unless I am getting dressed to go swimming with something and that has become very rare even

Check these out - https://quickchange.com

They're only for urinary incontinence, but you can use them as an insert and change them in seconds as needed and only change the (outer) brief as needed after a BM. No need to stand up. They hold 500cc+

Reactions: emp711
I found this discussion very interesting . I have never nown anyone with CP and cannot imagine how it must be. It makes me grateful for the life I have. I hope this doesn't sound insulting or patronizing. I admire people for getting on with life despite their difficulties. Often the people who complain the most are the ones with the lest to complain about. This probably includes me sometimes. This community seems to have a lot of people with much harder lives than me. It helps to put my problems into prospective.
Thank you.

Reactions: emp711
I mean it has to do with what wheelchair you chose to have in the first place! I faced similar issues till my son bought me a model that made it much easier.

emp711 have you tried the northshore supreme diapers they are a bit thicker than the mega max but i like thew better than the mega max and then what i would do for the inner leak guards is cut them where your legs are in the middle one cut for the front and one cut for the back of the leg making that between the legs lay flat and not cut in your legs

I can change my own diapers asa person with Cerebral Palsy.
But, this evening I have not been in a diaper.
I have been using my McGuire Male Urine Collection Device for hours.
The vinyl urine collection bag hanging underneath the seat of my manual wheelchair as I quietly sit in it.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Back