Benefits of wearing nappies (outside of the obvious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting up several times in the night can also be a sign of diabetes or pre-diabetes , so it should be evaluated by a doctor.

With that said, I do get tired of doctors trying to "fix" people to meet the doctor's idea of what is right. Personally, it would be heavenly if I could wake up and voluntarily pee into a diaper or the toilet for that matter and I can't wait for the clearance to keep a catheter in place overnight on a regular basis. On the few nights I have "accidentally" fallen asleep and just left the intermittent catheter in place draining into a diaper, I have felt more rested and alert the next morning. So why shouldn't it be the patients choice to chose a diaper rather than some new chemical?

Sugar is good. That gets checked on occasion and it's always good. I do eat a very low GI diet.

Catheters scare me. A lot. My father has to have one (that's part of the reason they always push me to get my prostate checked) and the problems he has ... scary.

On an average night I have to get up every hour to run to the bathroom. I have an enlarged prostate that makes it hard to empty my bladder fully. Also I have a very weak flow, so it can take ages to even half-empty my bladder. It makes for a very broken sleep - for me and my wife. For the last couple of years we've had to sleep in a separate rooms. She deserves to sleep through the night even if I can't.
Over the last year I've chosen to wear a diaper to bed twice a week - on weekend nights when I've got time to wash and dry the bedding the next day in case I leak (which happens often).
Wearing diapers to bed hasn't made me incontinent. I haven't wet the bed any night when I haven't been wearing the diaper, and when I am diapered I do wake up when I need to pee. But I do sleep better in a diaper than without one.
On the nights when I have to get out of bed to use the bathroom I always know how many times I get up and roughly what time it was on each occasion. When I wear a diaper it feels as if I wake up much fewer times. I don't know if I really do pee fewer times in the night (I still get very wet). It's possible that some of the time I wet the diaper without waking up.
What I do know is that I sleep better and wake up more refreshed, which makes it worth doing. I find myself hanging out through the week, looking forward to a good sleep at the weekend.

Fowlerea, I really hope the catheter works out well for you.

I can't imagine what not being able to empty your bladder fully would be like.

Fowler each you know you can buy Foley cheap on the net if needed, of course if you can afford it go with silicon covered with silver the Silicon warms to body temp and conforms to your unique anatomy and the silver fights bacterial growth and encrustation, if Doctor orders it of course your insurance will provide caths, I use the hydrophilic Coloplast 5 X s a day to drain the residual out of my Bladder, what comes out spontaneously day and night never completely empties it , so cathing five times also makes an easy diaper change schedule all so, and caths versus prostate go for the coude tip, it gets past most prostate there's a little dot on the funnel end you use that to know the way you are turning the tip for entry ,after awhile it becomes second nature, I have been a cath driver for 8 years and could do it blindfolded, make sure you have a Good relationship with your Urologist it makes things easier and less of a PITA.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

tickles51 said:
I'm not incontinent but I'm getting older and the number of trips I have to make to the bathroom (2 or 3 each night) is increasingly interrupting my sleep (grumpy baby). Lately I've been wearing a diaper to bed. I'm AB so I adjusted to it easily. No more trips to the bathroom. I do wake up to pee but I fall right back to sleep. I've found that not only do I sleep better, I'm more alert and well rested in the morning (happy baby).

Question: Am I going to make myself night-time incontinent?

P.S. Yes I've been to a urologist and no, I don't want any of their medical solutions.

Also getting older I have some experience in this area. To minimize sleep interruption as well as a bit of kink I off and on wear/use night diapers. Expect everyone is different, but when wearing night after night sleep wetting gradually becomes the norm for me. And when my interest ebbs, I go without and wake for the bathroom 99.9% of the time. So, in my case night diapers lead to sleep wetting but not incontinence.

That is reassuring WBxx though I'd have preferred it if you had said 100% and not 99.9% :)

Last edited:
Well this may seem like a very strange answer to most people,but to me and my lady friends it is one that has made us all smile a lot..maybe a bit more for me because it turned me on so very quickly,and the ladies have loved making that happen and being a part of it..and the feeling I get from being that turned on that quickly is priceless..all of my dates even the ones that have turned out to be long term ones have really had fun with me and this bit of innocent fun that I will mention in this post..first of all let me say that before I go ahead with any date,and I have decided she is the one that I want to date,I will tell her the first chance that I get what it is that I wear,why I wear them,and also every detail of how that bad fall happened,also what led up to that day,I have not ever wished for any of my lady friends to find this information out on their own about me,for example if one night we both got frisky and she happened to put her hand down my slacks,jeans,cutoffs,or what ever I was wearing at the time and felt both my diapers and the plastic pants upon my skin..then maybe say to me..why were you not honest to me and tell me you wore these items..this date is now over..I strongly think that if I had not been totally upfront right off the bat to all of them about this that some or all of those dates may never have taken place,and that was something that would have hurt more then wearing the diapers and rubber pants daily and I would never want that to happen,but because of my honesty in telling all of them..not one women has to this day ever turned me down because of what I wear..and on everyone of them the lady that I have been with at the time has asked if she could undress me down to just my diapers and plastic pants or would I do it for her..just so she could better see me in them...and after my approval it was always the lady that undressed me,but as soon as she had undressed me,I have then asked if I could undress her down to her panties and bra..and this was gladly agreed upon by every women on any date that participated,

Once we were both undressed,my love muscle slowly but surly started getting fully erect and rock hard as it just seems to have a mind of its own and when a women is near me and strips me down like she had...and I just do not have a lot of control over that..and her eyes were very drawn to it,anyways we then have played a role play game where she is mommy and I am her little baby and this includes her talking baby talk to me..after this as well as many pats on my diapered bottom,she has then said to me in here stern mommy voice..you are a bad little baby boy,look what you have done in your diapers,she then has placed me over her knee,gently pulled down my rubber pants and I am diaper spanked just like a real naughty little toddler..this has always caused me after some spanking to have one of the best orgasms ever even tho it was in my diapers,and the pleasure generated by her always put me on cloud nine every single time and they can all tell when this explosion of my love juices has taken place not only because of my relaxed posture but also because my pulsating manhood against her skin as well as her sweet panties..and the smiles brought forth from her seeing this are something very special to me,after this sweet pleasure has been done we have then both hopped into the shower and some great foreplay has always been done by the both of us,then when we exit the shower she has given me a few more rubs and I am so totally ready yo please her in every way,after we are all done she motioned me to lie down,powdered me,then put a fresh diaper on me,pinned them on then put another pair of rubber pants on me...now I realize that a lot of people most likely do not do this same thing as I have stated on this post and that is fine because..to each to their own as the saying goes and it is not my concern what goes on behind closed doors with any one else,this is just what I have done to fit my diaper and rubber pants wearing into the evening with my sweet lady friends and it has always spiced up not only the feelings that we already both had for one another,but also has made that day or night into something very special for the both of us,and after that I have even taken them to either dinner,a movie,or dancing,sometimes all three of them,I am by no means the sexiest guy in this world and never would I think that for a second..but to my dates and long term relationships..I am..and that makes me smile big time always when I think back upon it..so to answer your question..wearing diapers and rubber pants is never a big deal to me at any time..but they have enhanced any date I have been on..take care all

Last edited:
they came in handy when i was younger and my dad, a shift-worker, would spend his hour on the 'throne'.
now, as i've mentioned elsewhere on here, a trad cloth nappy and placky pants are part of my treatment and management of my hidradenitis suppurativa when using my homemade cream (the cream'll eat through a dispy in no time, so it has to be trads).

I got on the diaper and incontinience page with no problem

Essexboi said:
[...] but back to the OP - the fact I don't have to use some what can be pretty unsavoury roadside loos is a plus for me when driving

Getting back to the original point of this thread, Essexboi is the only one that has mentioned the advantage that I thought of right away after reading the opening post. It is that you don't have to use public bathrooms (ever if you wear them 24/7), and I'd bet several of them are unhygienic. Well, I just realized that you sometimes have to use one to just change your diaper, but doing this has got to have less risk than sitting down on a public bathroom's toilet seat.

Last edited:
Seeing a movie and not having to miss any part of it to go run to the bathroom. In college classes didn't have to worry about missing notes.. Not having to stake out a bathroom to know where it is the moment I get some place. That snug feeling of bulk which is surprisingly comfortable, like little seat pad. It acts as a leg pad when sleeping. Not having to stop playing a video game... if playing a scary video game, not having to clean the chair. Avoiding having to sit in someone elses urine in public restrooms.

They give you extra cushion on hard seats.

tickles51 said:
I'm not incontinent but I'm getting older and the number of trips I have to make to the bathroom (2 or 3 each night) is increasingly interrupting my sleep (grumpy baby). Lately I've been wearing a diaper to bed. I'm AB so I adjusted to it easily. No more trips to the bathroom. I do wake up to pee but I fall right back to sleep. I've found that not only do I sleep better, I'm more alert and well rested in the morning (happy baby)

I too have found diapers to be a great way to sleep through the night without waking fully. I have gotten to the point where I am aware of wetting, but I stay asleep and keep dreaming.

- - - Updated - - -

I wear cloth diapers and wake up wet every morning. When I take my morning shower, I rinse the diapers and wring them before putting them in the diaper pail. Wringing the water out on a daily basis cured my carpal tunnel syndrome and keeps my forearms tight and strong.

mercuryfan said:
It is that you don't have to use public bathrooms (ever if you wear them 24/7), and I'd bet several of them are unhygienic. Well, I just realized that you sometimes have to use one to just change your diaper, but doing this has got to have less risk than sitting down on a public bathroom's toilet seat.

I third this motion. Public toilets are the worst! I avoid them like the plague. Several times I've turned around, "I didn't need to go pee anyways." fashion, upon seeing the toilet, or that which is spread around.

And that's where I work! Too bad they're not nearly private enough, or I'd wear more often and happily avoid the toilet.

SpottedLion said:
I third this motion. Public toilets are the worst! I avoid them like the plague. Several times I've turned around, "I didn't need to go pee anyways." fashion, upon seeing the toilet, or that which is spread around.

And that's where I work! Too bad they're not nearly private enough, or I'd wear more often and happily avoid the toilet.
Aa truck driver, I know public restrooms, and I know most of them are nasty. I usually wear for convenience. I usually wet without issue. Sometimes, I feel the need to mess, but I usually don't use my diaper, I don't spend a long time in messy diapers. The smell and cleanup are the worst. There have been times when I'm stuck at a truck stop with really bad bathrooms. Those are times that diapers become really convenient. There were a couple of times I would be stuck somewhere for my reset that doesn't have restrooms, location was closed, or water system was down. Sometimes if it's bad enough that I don't make it, I have protection or another option.
DotDotDot said:
I'm just-a DL.

However, I have considered wearing for convenience before. Never have, actually.

I have to get up minimum of once a night - sometimes up to 3 times to pee. It's from other health issues I have going on - any time I lay down I have to go to the bathroom - I don't believe it's prostate problem as my bladder is legitimately full. My parents don't think so and when ever I spend the night at their house (once every few months) they will ask me if I have seen a doctor and that I should get my prostate checked out.

Due to the same health issues, I have to drink a lot of water. I *should* be on diuretics but the constant muscle cramps and heart palpitations are not tolerable. I drink a lot of water which makes me need to pee a lot. It has caused a few awkward situations.

I can always dehydrate myself but I balloon up and my eyes turn yellow.

That is my story also because when I get out of bed I am dizzy from vertigo which makes walking to the bathroom a potential fall situation for broken bones and frankly, I might not make it. I don't want any meds for this, either.

Since I am an AB/DL this isn't a problem except for the expense of good overnight diapers although plastic pants help.

I also just started diaper wearing and peeing in bed so still can't get right back to sleep. But I am more rested and it feels great to be able to stay in a warm bed not get up to a cooler apartment.

I am not sure if I will be night time incontinent but if I don't use diapers I could have a bad fall at worse or always be washing the floor.

Maybe I do have a problem. Some sort of urge issue I guess.

I spent pretty much all last weekend wearing on a 4 day vacation. What I noticed is my usual strong "I need to pee" sensation where I usually quickly find a bathroom goes away after a few minutes. It was quite relaxing wearing and walking around and doing things and not having to constantly look for a bathroom.

Ugh. Doctors.

I actually like he padding they provide due to being shot and then infection setting in I lost half of my right butt cheek so the padding makes sitting a little more comfortable and considering I am confined to a wheelchair now sitting Is kind of unavoidable.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back