Being public about diapers

SalemRose

GothDiaperFur
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
This is mainly for anyone who doesn’t wear diapers for medical reasons. If you ever told people you live with, friends, co-workers, or anyone that you wear diapers just because, how did you do it? Why did you tell them? How did they react?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and ChristianDiaperLover
I did try telling my mum on the reasoning that if I was going to be wearing within her house she had a right to know. Big mistake! It didn’t go well she was convinced I needed medical help and I have seen a therapist (for a different reason) every physiatrist, therapist and counsellor I have seen say as long as I don’t feel it negatively impacts my life there is nothing wrong with ABDL. I don’t think I’d tell my friends either I have a certain reputation among my friends which I have worked the last 23 years to cultivate and I don’t want to lose their respect in the way I probably would if they knew.

• Sad
Reactions: warmfeeling, PadPhilosopher, VeiledDevotee and 1 other person
Newbaby110521 said:
I did try telling my mum on the reasoning that if I was going to be wearing within her house she had a right to know. Big mistake! It didn’t go well she was convinced I needed medical help and I have seen a therapist (for a different reason) every physiatrist, therapist and counsellor I have seen say as long as I don’t feel it negatively impacts my life there is nothing wrong with ABDL. I don’t think I’d tell my friends either I have a certain reputation among my friends which I have worked the last 23 years to cultivate and I don’t want to lose their respect in the way I probably would if they knew.
It’s a shame so much could be lost on one thing. Too bad your mum didn’t take it better.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Outside of the abdl and kink community I have only told one person and that is my mum, i still live with her and have kept it secret for so long but a few years back as I was wanting to switch to cloth diapers for most of the time and needed to be able to wash and dry them.

I decided it was time to tell her so that I could do the laundry regularly and properly abd not have to worry about her seeing them in the machine or on the line drying.

I've known for years that she would probably take it in stride and not be bothered by it as she is really open minded and supportive.

Her response after I called her into my room to saying i need to have a talk with her and told her I like wearing nappies and have done since I was in primary school, was basically...

"Oh, is that all. Well you can do your own laundry then I washed enough nappies when you were little."

And it's barely been mentioned since, aside from times I've asked for sewing advice to make them or onesies or when I've had some on the line and someone is expected to visit she tells me so I can bring them in.

• Love
Reactions: Ashton84, Lyric, warmfeeling and 4 others
I have told 2 of my friends, who are not in the ABDL community. Both of them have been very understanding and accepting.
One of them wears diapers for medical reasons, so she had questions on why I would want to wear them when I didn't 'need' them. But after talking to her about how they help me and what I like about them, she understood.
My other friend understands the kink community and BDSM. So talking to her about ABDL wasn't far outside her understanding. She enjoyed learning about a new aspects of the community and I don't feel the need to hide my things when she comes and hangs out anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lyric, warmfeeling, PadPhilosopher and 4 others
Newbaby110521 said:
People are quick to judge anyone negatively regardless of the subject.
I think keeping that part of your life private is the safest way to go.
Damaging your relationships by telling something so intimate seems unnecessary to me.

It sucks that your mother violated your trust in her though.
Sorry you had to go trough that.

Reactions: SalemRose and PadPhilosopher
My wife of course knows. She found out when we were still dating. I didn't initially tell her because nationally I was terrified of her reaction. She found out after I forgot to clear our computers web browser. I was looking at a few different brands of diapers. I got a call while I was at work and needless to say she didn't initially react well.

However, after talking to her and explaining everything, she was pretty accepting. She even experimented with them eventually herself. Of course that was purely for me, but she really didn't like them and has put up a pretty firm boundary about not being involved with my diapers. She doesn't care at all that I wear. She doesn't want me to have a wet diaper in bed, but otherwise she's completely fine with it.

However, we do have three children and I refuse to wear around them so that does make wearing a little more complicated.

My mom and dad found a stash of my diapers when I was in high school. That ended absolutely horribly. Whole lot of screaming and yelling. Had no idea what to say so I can completely shut down. It was all around pretty traumatic. They never brought it up again after that but that increased my shame and self-loathing regarding diapers 10 fold. Took me some time to work through that.

I've got no reason to tell anyone else. What I choose to wear under my clothing just simply isn't anyone's business.

Reactions: SalemRose, warmfeeling, growlycub and 2 others
Belarin said:
Outside of the abdl and kink community I have only told one person and that is my mum, i still live with her and have kept it secret for so long but a few years back as I was wanting to switch to cloth diapers for most of the time and needed to be able to wash and dry them.

I decided it was time to tell her so that I could do the laundry regularly and properly abd not have to worry about her seeing them in the machine or on the line drying.

I've known for years that she would probably take it in stride and not be bothered by it as she is really open minded and supportive.

Her response after I called her into my room to saying i need to have a talk with her and told her I like wearing nappies and have done since I was in primary school, was basically...

"Oh, is that all. Well you can do your own laundry then I washed enough nappies when you were little."

And it's barely been mentioned since, aside from times I've asked for sewing advice to make them or onesies or when I've had some on the line and someone is expected to visit she tells me so I can bring them in.
That’s so cool 😁

Reactions: SalemRose and PadPhilosopher
SalemRose said:
This is mainly for anyone who doesn’t wear diapers for medical reasons. If you ever told people you live with, friends, co-workers, or anyone that you wear diapers just because, how did you do it? Why did you tell them? How did they react?
I’ve been married for nearly 30 years, I decided to tell my wife about 2 years ago, initially she was shocked and a bit unsure, for about a week I thought that was it for us, but she said the same as most, no one’s getting harmed or hurt, she wants nothing to do with any of it, which is absolutely fine by me. I don’t want anyone else to know about my kink, I love my own nappy time and I love wearing nappies.

Reactions: Lyric, SalemRose and PadPhilosopher
Back