Being allowed to wear diapers as a kid/teen?

Kind of an oddball situation for me. I wore diapers to bed every night and that wasn't a big deal - kind of just the way it was. Sometimes I'd be put into them during the day as I had a habit of trying to hold it longer than I could and then having an accident. Clearly that wasn't desirable in certain "away from home" situations. If I did play the "how long can I hold it" game and ended up going in my pants, that typically meant I'd get put in a diaper. As I got older I'd get asked - I think strictly out of courtesy, "Should we get a diaper on?" It wasn't really a choice and I can't remember answering and would always end up on the changing pad regardless. I do remember when Pampers came out being curious about them and maybe jealous of toddlers in them. I once tried taping two of them together to see what they felt like. I got busted doing that which was super embarrassing having to explain myself.

Reactions: Deleted member 62318 and star
ARBBB2 said:
I am actually jealous, always wanted to wet the bed and wear diapers from age 4.5 to 5 but never, ever, dared to wet, I was trained at 9 months and I really think that is part of my need to wet and wear and so crave the attention of getting changed!
Wow, that's really early! Do you even remember wearing diapers?

Sounds like my experience was similar to several of yours. I was a bed wetter till 14. It was mandatory that I wear diapers to bed and I was never allowed to put them on myself or take them off myself in the morning. My parents always thought I was doing it on purpose or that I was lazy. So my diapering was more of a punishment in there eyes. I was often times spanked in the morning after having my wet diaper removed. Also I was never given any privacy during the diaper process, it was always done in the family room in front of everyone after my bath. I was also never allowed to wear anything over my diaper. I didn’t see it at the time but looking back I think I was sexually abused during my diapering and sometimes baths. Any time my parents were out late we had to have a sitter and mom would make a big deal about my bedwetting and that I was still a baby that needed to have my diaper put on after my bath. I remember being so humiliated having to sit there and listen to my mom tell a new sitter about my diapers and needing to put powder and cream on me after my bath and to make sure I was really clean before I get out of the bath. Some sitters really took advantage of that which is where some of the sexual abuse came from. This is my first post on here other than the introduction. Feel free to reply or message me to discuss further.

Brokenbird said:
I remember being so humiliated having to sit there and listen to my mom tell a new sitter about my diapers and needing to put powder and cream on me after my bath and to make sure I was really clean before I get out of the bath. Some sitters really took advantage of that which is where some of the sexual abuse came from.

Sounds like your mother was telling your sitters to assault you with water, powder and cream. I can't imagine how you could apply cream to a teenager without producing more cream?6

Reactions: cmon6969
I wouldn't say I was "allowed" to wear nappies and pull up as a kid it was more out of necessity. However as I got older my parents I did ask my parents if I could wear a pull up at home "just in case" they were very understanding of my situation, they tried to dissuade me as they didn't want me to be reliant on them but never prevented me from doing so. I wore them occasionally until I was 10 years old and that's definitely why I'm an ABDL now.

Some back story into this...
I was out of nappies and potty trained around the age of two however when I turned four I regressed.
I started to suffer from constipation and bladder issues. I would go for days without going to the toilet which obviously began to worry my parents. When I eventually needed to wee it would happen very quickly and if I couldn't reach the toilet I'd occasionally wet myself. When I needed to poo my stools were large and painful to pass. At this point I had started pre-school and I was wearing regular underwear. I soon was put back into nappies and taken to the doctor. I spent a week in hospital for tests and observations and it was established rather than it being a physicalogical problem it was psychological. I simply didn't like using the toilet, I'd avoid going into inevitably accidents happened. I saw a child psychologist for thenext five years to overcome this but during that time I'd often wear nappies or pull ups.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and DamianTheAngel
KrankyPants said:
Wow, that's really early! Do you even remember wearing diapers?
No not at all,,,, and the last two therapists I went to, really believe that the first 12 months of my life, something happened that caused me to want diapers and basically hate my mother!

Reactions: KrankyPants
ARBBB2 said:
No not at all,,,, and the last two therapists I went to, really believe that the first 12 months of my life, something happened that caused me to want diapers and basically hate my mother!
I can definitely see the logic. That's one of those attachment things. 😔 🙁 It can happen during those early development years. I had an aunt who even as an adult would suck her fingers. Some family members once said it was because she grew up hungry from birth and developed oral fixation. It's a real thing. When I discussed my diaper wearing outside of bedwetting to my close older friends and my psychologists, they said my desire may stem from my father abusing me and my family when I was growing up and regression being a way to "experience" that "age" without the trauma. It's a real thing, @ARBBB2! 😐

• Love
Reactions: ARBBB2 and DamianTheAngel
JustinCace said:
Sounds like your mother was telling your sitters to assault you with water, powder and cream. I can't imagine how you could apply cream to a teenager without producing more cream?6
It definitely caused arousal but I didn’t start puberty till 14 which was when the wetting stopped for the most part. So even though I could reach climax it was dry.

Quantumpresbyterian said:
I've been a DL since when I was just out of diapers at age 3. Maybe because I was envious of my little sis who is 2.5y younger.
As I wasn't much embarrassed about the dl-subject at this age, I had Pampers on my wish list for birthdays and Xmas.
So lucky me I received those multiple times.

Ever since I was out of diapers (3.5), having people ask me what I want the most or what i'd do with a million dollars or even just what I wanted for my christmas/birthday had a side where i felt sad/trapped that i couldn't say what I ACTUALLY wanted, that being acting like a baby again and having diapers...

So yeah, very lucky. I never had the guts to do that.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Rezzu and Serendiapity
I was allowed as long as I tried to and could occasionally make it to the restroom. I have autism that likely contributes to my incontinence. I got to use diapers until seven and training pants on occasion until thirteen and have always wet the bed. There are several things that will make it more likely that I will wet. If I am highly interested in something, if I could not get to restrooms in about 15 minutes or long spans of doing nothing could all have me wetting with little or no warning until thirteen.

I have changed myself since I was about five so my parents could ignore it, also I had a few accidents that made it obvious I was not only doing it on purpose. After some time I could predict when I would need a diaper I also generally am incontinent if I am sick, that was one of the things that made it obvious I was at least somewhat incontinent, when I was sick as a kid I would go back to needing diapers and that has basically always been true so even at like at sixteen I could recall needing to use in the day time.

I was a would have been allowed but never really wanted to.

There were times I did, like when I stayed at the friend’s house or an aunt’s and during a school trip. All of them involved wearing diapers but it was more about the associated experiences.

Brokenbird said:
Sounds like my experience was similar to several of yours. I was a bed wetter till 14. It was mandatory that I wear diapers to bed and I was never allowed to put them on myself or take them off myself in the morning. My parents always thought I was doing it on purpose or that I was lazy. So my diapering was more of a punishment in there eyes. I was often times spanked in the morning after having my wet diaper removed. Also I was never given any privacy during the diaper process, it was always done in the family room in front of everyone after my bath. I was also never allowed to wear anything over my diaper. I didn’t see it at the time but looking back I think I was sexually abused during my diapering and sometimes baths. Any time my parents were out late we had to have a sitter and mom would make a big deal about my bedwetting and that I was still a baby that needed to have my diaper put on after my bath. I remember being so humiliated having to sit there and listen to my mom tell a new sitter about my diapers and needing to put powder and cream on me after my bath and to make sure I was really clean before I get out of the bath. Some sitters really took advantage of that which is where some of the sexual abuse came from. This is my first post on here other than the introduction. Feel free to reply or message me to discuss further.
It was much the same for me. However, while dreading the scolding and spanking a side of me enjoyed the sensations and infantile implications of childhood bed wetting.

During my teens and after I thought I was the only one, a freak of nature. Now, communicating with likeminded folk, I’m in a better place. Trust it will be the same for you.

• Love
Reactions: chamberpot
WBxx said:
It was much the same for me. However, while dreading the scolding and spanking a side of me enjoyed the sensations and infantile implications of childhood bed wetting.

During my teens and after I thought I was the only one, a freak of nature. Now, communicating with likeminded folk, I’m in a better place. Trust it will be the same for you.
I too always thought I must be the only person who like to wet the bed , I was never punished for it, really nothing was ever said , I just had to sleep in a wet bed that never really dried out, I was never put back in diapers nor really ever thought of them until many many years later.

Reactions: WBxx, Wetshisbed, Lyric and 2 others
chamberpot said:
I too always thought I must be the only person who like to wet the bed , I was never punished for it, really nothing was ever said , I just had to sleep in a wet bed that never really dried out, I was never put back in diapers nor really ever thought of them until many many years later.
Same here for me. Except when I had to go to the children's hospital (at least twice) Also when I had to share a mattress with my sister. A few years later, I naturally stopped, then a few more years, Goodnites were born. Darn, that would happen!

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
12srepaid said:
Same here for me. Except when I had to go to the children's hospital (at least twice) Also when I had to share a mattress with my sister.
I also shared a bed with siblings, never really knew who wet the bed, just knew if I woke up and the bed was wet i would wet it some more

Yeah bedwetter here so nappies were pretty normal in my house as both my younger siblings used Them too so wasn’t a big thing to be in a nappy

I wet my bed for a few years, and I remember being in Goodnites on many mornings and waking up dry but still walking around in them

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I spent half my childhood wearing a diaper, so, I was in one a lot and used it more than once! Most often was car rides when my parents wanted me to wear for protection and self confidence, and it saved me from embarrassing myself more than once. I may have also used my diaper in my younger years too more than once

Reactions: MikeyD1981, Lyric and ronnieM
I remember going to visit family when I was 12 or 13. One night my mom and older cousins that had younger kids was getting all the kids ready for bed and my mom took my sister who was 3 to a room to get her ready for bed. All the kids who had to wear diapers at night including me were told to line up in the hallway. I remember my aunt asking my mom if I was still wetting the bed and my mom told her yes. My cousin came out to the hallway with everyone's diapers and pullups and gave them to us and told us to go use the bathroom and line back up. One of my second cousins that was a 5 year old girl saw my in my hand and laughed at me because she had a pullup and I had a depends diaper. I was eventually called in to get diapered and walked out embarrassed because I was the old kid there that was in diapers and a few of the younger kids was put in pullups.

Reactions: Lyric, wetnights, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and 2 others
Babybear2006 said:
I remember going to visit family when I was 12 or 13. One night my mom and older cousins that had younger kids was getting all the kids ready for bed and my mom took my sister who was 3 to a room to get her ready for bed. All the kids who had to wear diapers at night including me were told to line up in the hallway. I remember my aunt asking my mom if I was still wetting the bed and my mom told her yes. My cousin came out to the hallway with everyone's diapers and pullups and gave them to us and told us to go use the bathroom and line back up. One of my second cousins that was a 5 year old girl saw my in my hand and laughed at me because she had a pullup and I had a depends diaper. I was eventually called in to get diapered and walked out embarrassed because I was the old kid there that was in diapers and a few of the younger kids was put in pullups.
A thousand million trillion hugs and just as many apologies.

Back