Being a visitor at hospital

Idaho

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So my wife is pregnant and just curious if anyone had staying with someone in a hospital for multiple days that had to wear diapers for bedwetting?

not for bedwetting, but I did throw one on for fun for the last few hours of our stay after the baby came

Reactions: Diprs2
Idaho said:
So my wife is pregnant and just curious if anyone had staying with someone in a hospital for multiple days that had to wear diapers for bedwetting?
I spent a couple nights in the hospital while my dad was admitted. One of his nurses was a girl I graduated high school with. Being diapered there was no different than being diapered 24/7 anywhere else. It was no big deal at all. Thankfully, I didn't leak on the furniture!

Reactions: Diprs2
Care requirements for your self don't change just because someone else is in the hospital bed. Every time I've visited someone in hospital I still take everything I require (catheters, pads & medication) to look after my self just be the usual considerate and discreet about it.

Reactions: Alexande and Napincolove
I suffered a leak while visiting my father in hospital when I still wore pull ups but one of the nurses was happy to give me a couple of taped nappies when I told her of my predicament. A dry drive home rather than sitting in a soggy mess on a plastic bag covering the car seat.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Constantlydamp said:
I suffered a leak while visiting my father in hospital when I still wore pull ups but one of the nurses was happy to give me a couple of taped nappies when I told her of my predicament. A dry drive home rather than sitting in a soggy mess on a plastic bag covering the car seat.
Did they charge your father for the diapers they gave you? I’ve heard that they charge a ridiculous amount for diapers (I’ve heard $10+ per brief) and the diapers are pure and utter crap. Flimsy and generally too large for the patient. I’ve seen the pull-ups they use in our local hospitals and they appear to be decent but I have never personally tried them.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
blueberry said:
Did they charge your father for the diapers they gave you? I’ve heard that they charge a ridiculous amount for diapers (I’ve heard $10+ per brief) and the diapers are pure and utter crap. Flimsy and generally too large for the patient. I’ve seen the pull-ups they use in our local hospitals and they appear to be decent but I have never personally tried them.
I am in the UK so the nappies were free from the NHS, they were reasonable low cost hospital nappies that got me home clean and dry 😀.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Constantlydamp said:
I am in the UK so the nappies were free from the NHS, they were reasonable low cost hospital nappies that got me home clean and dry 😀.
The one nice thing about the US you will get quick Healthcare state the art it'll just cost a second mortgage

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Back