Bedwetting - Waking up with Stinging

CptKirk said:
With VA disability there is no limit on work or income. Is that what you're asking me about?
Regular disability is u can't have a certain amount of gross income otherwise u loose benefits I know ssi is also that way I'm on ssdi.

Reactions: Edgewater
furry121 said:
You have no limits on how much you are able to work or make, IF you have a 100% full/permanent rating. If you have a lesser, non-permanent rating you're going to want to ask this question to theSITREP as they're great about answering these kind of questions. Not knowing you, not knowing your disability rating I can't say with 100% accuracy you're income is limitless but again, IF you have a 100% full & permanent disability rating, no limits on income or employment. I have the ability to make incredible money helping my best friend with his business down in Tn, but I haven't been physically able to do so since 2019 due to the substantial & significant issues I have to try to live with.

If you'd like, feel free to send me a PM and again, I'll help in anyway I can with a fellow veteran!

furry121 said:
Regular disability is u can't have a certain amount of gross income otherwise u loose benefits I know ssi is also that way I'm on ssdi.
Correct. SSI/SSDI will begin to penalize you the more you make plus IF you're physically capable of working full time you very well may be past whatever it was that caused your disability award.

littleK1626 said:
The VA is just shame of what it is supposed to be,just corruption all riddled into it. poor conditions of VA Hospitals
You know, I am NOT seeing this! Outside of the ER (I've gone to war with those MOTHER F******* A LOT and their issues better be resolved) but I have yet to see a dirty hospital, bathroom, waiting area, room etc. as the VA I go to is quite nice. The Dr's I have are surprisingly VERY good to EXCELLENT with one I consider average as he doesn't seem to want to hear what I keep telling him. Being I literally see over a half dozen Dr's, this is a great ratio. They have a full/complete dental clinic (*my implants are *ALMOST* complete, THANK GOD*) and everyone (except the ER prick-bastards) goes out of their way to ensure you're being treated well, being shown respect...you name it. I believed some of what you believe when the VA was new to me. I can admit, I was completely wrong, at least in my situation at the VA I go to.

I have had damn near everyone I have interacted with damn near bend over backwards to ensure I'm happy with the care I'm receiving, services I receive, you name it! They REALLY give a shit!!! You may want to re-evaluate your position on this as things obviously have changed though it is possible that is a regional "thing" but I can't speak to that.

EDIT: I looked at your profile @littleK1626 and you don't say anything about being a veteran. Mind IF I ask HOW you came to have this low opinion of the VA?

Cpt Kirk

Last edited:
CptKirk said:
You know, I am NOT seeing this! Outside of the ER (I've gone to war with those MOTHER F******* A LOT and their issues better be resolved) but I have yet to see a dirty hospital, bathroom, waiting area, room etc. as the VA I go to is quite nice. The Dr's I have are surprisingly VERY good to EXCELLENT with one I consider average as he doesn't seem to want to hear what I keep telling him. Being I literally see over a half dozen Dr's, this is a great ratio. They have a full/complete dental clinic (*my implants are *ALMOST* complete, THANK GOD*) and everyone (except the ER prick-bastards) goes out of their way to ensure you're being treated well, being shown respect...you name it. I believed exactly what you believe when the VA was new to me. I can admit, I was completely wrong, at least in my situation at the VA I go to.

Cpt Kirk
Thank God at least the essentials are taken care of for our vets. Seriously clean that place up it's kind of messed up that people you have fight for your country don't cleaner facility

Zinc cream every 2-3 changes. Tena has a great one or as others say sudo. If you've burnt through and have pain a water barrier on top helps.

If you don't shower daily you can develop a bump infection thing.

I highly recommend trimming below deck, it reduces smell greatly and bacteria housing (ironic as hair was meant to do the oppo but it's not the case in a diaper).

lidleme said:
Zinc cream every 2-3 changes. Tena has a great one or as others say sudo. If you've burnt through and have pain a water barrier on top helps.

If you don't shower daily you can develop a bump infection thing.

I highly recommend trimming below deck, it reduces smell greatly and bacteria housing (ironic as hair was meant to do the oppo but it's not the case in a diaper).
Zinc based cream is a must to stop nappy rash

Back