Bedwetters: How do you protect your bed

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How do every one protect their mattress from getting wet at night? I have a cloth mattress protector, then my plastic sheet under my regular sheet, then I use a goodnites bedmat to sleep on, then I put on my diaper and If I'm feeling naughty I put on my bedwetting alarm.

I have to wear 24/7 but I do use extra bed protection in the form of about a 1.5mtr v 1.5 mtr washable bed pad which i use over the sheet and sleep on directly.

Diapers 😀

Reactions: neurallink, HalMidLife, DandyAndy and 1 other person
Full waterproof mattress protector + washable bed pad .

I also use high capacity diapers with high capacity boosters, it it's relatively rare I get my bed wet .

Reactions: Teddy and Soggy247
Momma2moosey uses a waterproof pad under my sheet, then puts a night thickness cloth diaper directly under me on t of the sheet. Of course she has me in very thick cloth night diapers with a booster and plastic pants.

dont get leaks too often, but when I do that takes care of any leakage.

I have a full zipped mattress protector a washable bed pad and a fitted waterproof sheet plus of course my night diaper

Reactions: Tommy10 and Soggy247
I invested in a couple of sets of 'Brolly Sheets'. I heard about them from my Aunt who's husband had MS. They are a heavy duty mattress protector.

Last edited:
I have a plastic-encased mattress; cloth mattress pad under my sheet; Don't usually leak but if the bed gets wet I just put on a clean mattress pad and clean bottom sheet if needed.

Last edited:
I have a mattress protector that encases the whole mattress and on top of that I have a waterproof pad.

I have several mattress covers. Cloth with a thin membrane,a bit like gore Tex . And a rubber mat for when I travel, it is actually for a babys cott but actually works quite well. I have found if you shop for these things in incontinence sites you will spend at least double the price compared to some bedding stores

HA Dieperd & PUK pants 24 / 7 + in bed high qulity IC mattress cover and IC bedwear protection ( Vinyl ) under the ord bed wear

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic sheet from disabled store

Them cloth mattress protectors don’t work, I think there just to stop sweat. My nappy leaked and I thought oh it’s ok I’ve got a mattress protector but no, a big wet patch on mattress 🙁

KitsuneFox said:
Full waterproof mattress protector + washable bed pad .

I also use high capacity diapers with high capacity boosters, it it's relatively rare I get my bed wet .

Same here. 😉

Reactions: TheBlueHeron, chuck, KitsuneFox and 1 other person
Seabear said:
Them cloth mattress protectors don’t work, I think there just to stop sweat. My nappy leaked and I thought oh it’s ok I’ve got a mattress protector but no, a big wet patch on mattress 🙁
Totally agree, i have had three of these ant they are fine for the first couple of months then ... disaster. Now I have heavy duty waterproof sheet on the bed from Henley https://www.henleysmed.com/products/mattress-covers-protectors which are excellent. That and a brushed cotton sheet, just like when I was a small bedwetting boy!

Reactions: Seabear
I wet heavily or perhaps several times a night. I don't know as I always sleep right through it and wake soaking wet in the morning. The bed is well protected with a fitted waterproof cover and I have a kylie or washable bed pad under my sheet. I use a flannelette bottom sheet as it stays warm and comfortable even when wet so the wetness doesn't wake me. I sleep in a tena maxi slip with pants over it and thyen waterproof or plastic pants. Even so they often leak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Constantlydamp and DiaperGuy08
I use two washable pads. One under the mattress cover and one on top under the bottom sheet. This setup has saved my mattress countless times as the one under the sheet tends to shift over time.

Protecting our mattresses is always a priority for us bedwetters. I use a thick plastic mattress cover. It's a bit noisy and the crinkle is a constant reminder of my bedwetting, but it gets the job done. I also use smaller protective mattress pads that are washable underneath me when I sleep and have even stuck a GoodNites bed pad on top just to be safe. I also have zippered vinyl pillow protectors underneath my pillowcases too. At times, sleeping can get a bit hot, but all these precautions combined with my thick diapers, boosters, and plastic panties seems to give me and my bed enough protection thankfully.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I used to have a foam mattress without a waterproof cover. Eventually got ruined from multiple wettings. So my new one has a complete waterproof enclosure over it.

We have a fitted vinyl cover then a fitted "waterproof" padded cover, like others have said the waterproof covers work for a while but after you wash them a few times they pass pee right though, but they reduce the noise and hotness of the vinyl cover and stop the sheet from sliding around. I have ruined my share of mattresses before and the wife doesn't want to ruin another

Back