Bathroom Incident at Work

@BabyHailey1977 I have to commend you on your classy handling of this situation. You could’ve have been vindictive after such an ordeal but you chose the path of restraint in your pursuit of what’s right. 👏

Reactions: AttilaThePun
@BabyHailey1977
I am glad that you have this sorted out, but I would still watch my back around boss. Your General Manager seems to be 'on the ball' as does the HR, but your boss is one of those people who shake hands with you while twisting the knife in your back type of people. Smart move checking with legal first, but at this stage I still wouldn't be comfortable around boss. Watch your back, and stay safe - I doubt that boss is finished with you.

Reactions: shannara6767, IWannawear, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
BabyHailey1977 said:
100%. Nobody in the building wants to work for him. I only have to make it until January when we move around.
If he’s generally a the kind of boss who upsets and annoys people, you should have got him out of there completely! You had enough evidence to do it…

WoollyAndJoshy said:
If he’s generally a the kind of boss who upsets and annoys people, you should have got him out of there completely! You had enough evidence to do it…
@WoollyAndJoshy
that may have been what the OP wanted, but being vindictive even for the right reason in a company tends to place a neon sign over ones head as a vindictive person, and over time, the reason gets blurred, but the label remains. If the OP wants to remain in the company, s/he needs to act smart, and not rashly - which s/he did already. All s/he needs to do is now watch his/her back - cause boss is now looking for any way to get rid of him/her between now and January.

OP has given boss the rope... now OP has to be careful cause boss will hang himself with said rope and if OP is near boss etc, boss will pull OP down at the same time.

Edited to correct gender

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977
babykeiff said:
@WoollyAndJoshy
that may have been what the OP wanted, but being vindictive even for the right reason in a company tends to place a neon sign over ones head as a vindictive person, and over time, the reason gets blurred, but the label remains. If the OP wants to remain in the company, he needs to act smart, and not rashly - which he did already. All he needs to do is now watch his back - cause boss is now looking for any way to get rid of him between now and January.

OP has given boss the rope... now OP has to be careful cause boss will hang himself with said rope and if OP is near boss etc, boss will pull OP down at the same time.
This is precisely what I mean though… you are almost dammed either way, and dammed if you say nothing and the behaviour gets worse… my gut would be at least if he’s out of the company he can’t do anything more to OP. I do get what you are saying though, and as I said, any outcome to it, all somehow seems like a bad option!

As I’m over the pond from many of you anyway, things are much more weighted in favour of the employee. Generally, you wouldn’t be labelled as vindictive here. To actually get rid of someone too, really isn’t too easy either (you have to be able to prove in no uncertain terms the person will never be suitable for the role, even with training or they have committed gross misconduct). This is also very true in most big companies, and often more so (as they want to avoid being taken to court for unfair dismissal).

WoollyAndJoshy said:
This is precisely what I mean though… you are almost dammed either way, and dammed if you say nothing and the behaviour gets worse… my gut would be at least if he’s out of the company he can’t do anything more to OP. I do get what you are saying though, and as I said, any outcome to it, all somehow seems like a bad option!

As I’m over the pond from many of you anyway, things are much more weighted in favour of the employee. Generally, you wouldn’t be labelled as vindictive here. To actually get rid of someone too, really isn’t too easy either (you have to be able to prove in no uncertain terms the person will never be suitable for the role, even with training or they have committed gross misconduct). This is also very true in most big companies, and often more so (as they want to avoid being taken to court for unfair dismissal).
I am over the puddle from you, not over that pond.

In relation to 'getting rid' of an employee, from an employers perspective, that is difficult. From the OP perspective, s/he is in an upward climb - to convince the HR and manager that they made a mistake hiring boss for said position. It is better if the company finds out themselves than relying on the word of another employee.

Mistakes in relation to employee / employer usually end up with unfair / constructive dismissal cases and/or labour court, and costs exculate or the employeer to infinity plus plus - so you are correct in that companies tend to avoid that.

In relation to boss and OP, there is now, on company record, history of boss behaviour plus respect shown to company by OP. Human nature is human nature, and boss will repeat same behaviour - boss can't help it. On second filing by OP or another, fan will be brown and General Manager will have to act. As it stands, boss is on edge of blade, and one slip and fan gets brown! All OP needs to do is keep nose clean and play the cautious waiting game, as boss is on warpath against OP.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
babykeiff said:
@WoollyAndJoshy
that may have been what the OP wanted, but being vindictive even for the right reason in a company tends to place a neon sign over ones head as a vindictive person, and over time, the reason gets blurred, but the label remains. If the OP wants to remain in the company, s/he needs to act smart, and not rashly - which s/he did already. All s/he needs to do is now watch his/her back - cause boss is now looking for any way to get rid of him/her between now and January.

Edited to correct gender
A manager like OP's boss is a liability to the company - upper management and HR management might rather OP had wanted him fired. I hope he's sufficiently cowed to behave better until after January.

babykeiff said:

In relation to 'getting rid' of an employee, from an employers perspective, that is difficult. From the OP perspective, s/he is in an upward climb - to convince the HR and manager that they made a mistake hiring boss for said position. It is better if the company finds out themselves than relying on the word of another employee.

Mistakes in relation to employee / employer usually end up with unfair / constructive dismissal cases and/or labour court, and costs exculate or the employeer to infinity plus plus - so you are correct in that companies tend to avoid that.

In relation to boss and OP, there is now, on company record, history of boss behaviour plus respect shown to company by OP. Human nature is human nature, and boss will repeat same behaviour - boss can't help it. On second filing by OP or another, fan will be brown and General Manager will have to act. As it stands, boss is on edge of blade, and one slip and fan gets brown! All OP needs to do is keep nose clean and play the cautious waiting game, as boss is on warpath against OP.
The "fan gets brown!" - that's a variation of phrasing I hadn't heard before. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: chamberpot
babykeiff said:

And that’s exactly what I plan on doing. Model employee until January.

• Love
Reactions: WoollyAndJoshy, AttilaThePun and babykeiff
I'm glad there was some resolution of sorts, and I hope this issue does not reoccur. Also, Thank you @BabyHailey1977 for a follow up.

Reactions: chamberpot, AttilaThePun and BabyHailey1977
So here is a little continuation to the story. Around the beginning of December I was talking to HR and I let them know my boss was still getting annoyed whenever I used the restroom to change. I said that I felt like I was being harassed and that my boss was impeding my letter of accommodation. She reassured me that there is not problem, and that I am free to use the restroom as needed.

Then on December 19th I was called into the office and fired because my boss said I kept arguing with him. I explained that I never argued, just presented alternative ideas. And that it’s exactly what he asked me to do. I even had witnesses. Didn’t matter that I caught him in lie after lie.

Then a couple weeks ago, one of the managers sent me a text telling me something that has me mad. He said that one of the HR managers told him that I was fired because the Senior HR Manager told the General Manager that she was afraid I was going to submit a formal complaint with the State regarding the bathroom incident and the way my boss was handling my Letter of Accommodation. That if they termed me, I would have to sign a non-litigation contract to accept my severance. He said the General Manager was upset about it and that’s why he disappeared when I showed up to sign paperwork.

I spoke with a lawyer and he assured me I had a case. That the non-litigation paperwork only covers lawsuits regarding the terms of my termination and not potential harassment claims.

I called the state and talked to them regarding this, and they said the window for filing a formal complaint has closed, but said I was able to sue the company.

I just got a new job and want to put this all behind me. I don’t want everyone to know about my incontinence. Just want to tell my story so if anyone else here has the same problems, I am able to assist.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: diaperkool, Subtlerustle, LePew and 3 others
I’m sorry but I’m not surprised. HR is not your friend and submitting a complaint to them against your boss is a sure way to get fired, which they have ways to do without raising any red flags. Not blaming you for their wrongdoing but that is the way the world works.

Such an Amazon thing to do btw.
You won’t want to sue them because you don’t want to air out your incontennce? What makes you think they’re not already cracking jokes behind your back over there? It’d be hard to talk about the case but you should sue them. There should be punitive consequences for them and reparations for you.

Reactions: furry121
First and foremost, all interactions with HR and management should be in writing. If it is necessary for a face to face of phone call, immediately send a followup email with your take away from the interaction, and CC it to yourself. A paper trail can help you prove a pattern of retaliation.

HR is not human and are seldom resourceful. They work for the company and protect the company’s ass, not your’s

I'm sorry this happened to you. I think if it was me, I would be suing them. What they did was wrong. There should be a paper trail as companies should have to document all things that would pertain to they're being unhappy with an employee. My daughter has done this as she's a department head for Stanford University's medical school.

I'm sure you're glad to be done with them. I hope your new job pays as well as the old job.

Reactions: furry121
Back