Bad nappy leak last night

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When at home I mostly wear Terry cloth nappies to bed and 99% time they’re bulletproof even if I’ve been drinking they don’t leak
Last night how ever I awoke about 4am ish to the feeling of wet shirt and sheets 😫 checked my nappy all around and it was soaked in the front and wet on the rest ☹️
So I must have been either more drunk than usual (I have a hangover this morning 🤭) or some other factor ?
Any insights please (within the rules )
Yes I’m gonna monitor it

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Probably drunk a little more than thought and broke your nappies limit

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
moorey said:
Probably drunk a little more than thought and broke your nappies limit
That’s my 1st thoughts as I couldn’t remember getting in to bed

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Brilliant that will do it all day long like the wheels on your truck 🤣🤣👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and 1 other person
Leaks happen to the best of us.

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
My overnight volume varies widely. Much of it has to do with communication between my head and my kidneys. Everyone is a bit different and what drives variation is volume as well. Add a 'bit' more ale than normal and that only added to the variations!

I have worn cloth diapers for a vary longtime and have experienced what happened to you. When I switched from flat cloth to Pre-folded, I purchased night-time weight that comes with a thick Terry cloth liner and I always worn two every night. As you know, that is bulky, but my longtime belief has been diaper for the worst and rejoice when not needed.

What happened? Likely the combination great ale and plenty of it! More technical: The ale resulted in you becoming mind numb and the bladder gave-up on any attempt to hold that volume, which equals one very wet diaper!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and NappiedTruckDriver
Too much beer always results in a wet bed it always has. Even in my dry years a night on the beer always resulted in very wet bed by morning.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, Constantlydamp and 2 others
After ten or so dry years I thought bedwetting was in my past. Then I discovered beer and it was no longer past tense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot, NappiedTruckDriver and 4 others
WBxx said:
After ten or so dry years I thought bedwetting was in my past. Then I discovered beer and it was no longer past tense.
I had almost 9 dry years and then started wetting again in my late 40s.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
My overnight volume varies widely. Much of it has to do with communication between my head and my kidneys. Everyone is a bit different and what drives variation is volume as well. Add a 'bit' more ale than normal and that only added to the variations!

I have worn cloth diapers for a vary longtime and have experienced what happened to you. When I switched from flat cloth to Pre-folded, I purchased night-time weight that comes with a thick Terry cloth liner and I always worn two every night. As you know, that is bulky, but my longtime belief has been diaper for the worst and rejoice when not needed.

What happened? Likely the combination great ale and plenty of it! More technical: The ale resulted in you becoming mind numb and the bladder gave-up on any attempt to hold that volume, which equals one very wet diaper!
Not Ale a nice cider/Perry blend @7.5%

• Love
Wetshisbed said:
I had almost 9 dry years and then started wetting again in my late 40s.
After ten dry years wetting the bed again never crossed my mind. It had been so long. Waking that first morning it took a minute or two to comprehend what had happened. First though was sweat. But it was too wet for sweat. Didn’t smell like sweat. No, can’t be …

Reactions: Diprs2, Wetshisbed and Edgewater
I understand, I only drink water but my diaper leaks sometimes

WBxx said:
After ten dry years wetting the bed again never crossed my mind. It had been so long. Waking that first morning it took a minute or two to comprehend what had happened. First though was sweat. But it was too wet for sweat. Didn’t smell like sweat. No, can’t be …
Just how I felt.

Reactions: Edgewater
for many years I was drinking way to much and very often woke up in a very wet bed. quit drinking and still woke up in a wet bed pretty often.. guess I am just a bed wetter. LOL

• Love
chamberpot said:
for many years I was drinking way to much and very often woke up in a very wet bed. quit drinking and still woke up in a wet bed pretty often.. guess I am just a bed wetter. LOL
Too much beer even in my dry years would result in a wet bed by morning.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver, Edgewater and 1 other person
chamberpot said:
Snap

Like everyone else is saying, that would be the alcohol. My cloth nappies leaked recently the night after I had a high sodium meal. It was like the water I retained with the sodium all made its way out of me that night. Might be worthwhile having a look at your salt intake as well as the alcohol to see if there is a pattern.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and Edgewater
I did not realize alcohol could do that. That’s good to know! I cannot figure out why some mornings it’s light and other mornings, like today, my diaper was so wet I felt the “drop” as I got off the bed. Can’t think of anything different I did last night either

Commonly, the mind reduces the actives of the kidneys overnight, which limits the flow into the bladder. If the pathway is impeded the kidneys will continue to function at normal rate and a very wet diaper is the result.

Reactions: Diprs2
Edgewater said:
Commonly, the mind reduces the actives of the kidneys overnight, which limits the flow into the bladder. If the pathway is impeded the kidneys will continue to function at normal rate and a very wet diaper is the result.
I have neurogenic bladder so my bladder never empties so I wet myself every night

Back