Bad Luck, but with a little good news - still what a hastle! :( (Desktop Computer power supply)

nwm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I use it for streaming some channels - lots of times end up falling asleep with it on.
Well woke up - no power to computer at all - but while I thought it had elapsed - it turns out I still had about a month left on an extended warrentee I got with the last power supply (I am pretty sure at some point a bug crawled in there and shorted it out - I KNOW that's what happened to the last one - that's why I paid a little extra to cover it for the 2 years, instead of the standard 30 days... But haven't seen any for quite some time - until pretty recently.)
So ended up paying close to nothing for a new power supply - BUT between removing the fried one, going to the computer shop, and back - plus put the new one in (and some extra cleaning inside the case since it was open anyway), that stupid power supply turned in to an all-day project! :( (Again not 100% sure due to sleeping when it happened, but likely all because of a bug! :mad: )

NOTE: Bugs have been a problem for everyone here for about the past 5 years when FEMA finally replaced a bunch of trailers (including ours) that got lots of flood damage when "Sandy" hit this area. Lots of digging because they also replaced the "Pad" the sit on - and in some cases, pipes and buried wiring.

Back