Babies and incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for having a baby-like feeling, try not holding on until you need to pee, but rather try to deliberately pee as often as you can.

My little age is usually 9-12. So for me personally, it's more of a desperation holding thing. Little me needs to pee but doesn't want to stop what he's doing, so he potty dances around, holding himself and marches about until he realises he has waited too long, and he wets his pants.

When I have played as a much younger age, around 3-4, it's been because that's the age my girlfriend likes to play at. When we've worn diapers together and played like that, one of the first things we learned was that the cheaper store bought products like Depends and Tena don't like holding a large amount all at once. So we generally start off by actually going to the toilet first to empty most of our bladders, but then just try to relax every few minutes and release whatever amount has built up in them by then.

As we watch cartoons or do some colouring or whatever, we just constantly leak in our diapers as we go.

After awhile it does become almost automatic. While it's not the same as being incontinent, with practice you can find yourself doing little leaks or dribbles without thinking about it too much. I will still need to make a conscious effort to let go, but it's really an amazing feeling to not feel any need to pee, then to just relax my bladder and instantly feel myself dribbling into my already wet nappy. It's like a "Oops, where did that come from" type of sensation.

It makes us both feel very little and a bit naughty to do the same thing in our pants or at the beach in our swimsuits. We can spend a few hours at the beach, and constantly be wetting our pants on the sand a little at a time. Of course we go in the water to get wet first, but we don't pee in the water, but we can play in the sand or lay on our towels and just keep leaking constantly. We love telling each other about it. One will lean over to the other and whisper "I just wet my pants" or words to that effect. By the time we leave we are in a rush to get home for some adult fun.

Hi,

firslty let me point out babies from birth are not incontinent, they just dont know any better, all babies, can control their bladder, the only difference between a newborn and a 2 year old, is that a new born cannot tell you. 2 year olds, choose not to tell you, until they are potty trained. incontinence is not a baby thing, and is not a good idea for anyone, i am not incontinent, however i have trained myself, to constantly relax my bladder when i'm in a diaper, this means that i go when i need to go, and dont hold it., so i wee regular and small amounts. this is good as it allows the wee to be soaked into the diaper before the next load is released, and secondly. doing this means that if i have to remove the diaper, then i can still control my bladder..

Thanks
BabyLea

Babies are not really incontinent. They just have small bladders and don't have the cognitive ability to know what to do with it or to even tell you their bladder is full. They do stop trying to hold it in after a while after they have learned they are supposed to go in their diapers. Then they have to relearn how when they potty train because they forget. I have noticed how toddlers can go awhile without wetting their diapers and my daughter once flooded hers it was hanging on her and it looked like it was going to leak. It was dry and the next minute I heard a hissing sound and her diaper was very full and warm from the pee. A kid being dry in the morning and all the time is a sign they are ready for potty training but they have to understand how to use the potty and not fear it.

I have heard of elimination communication where infants learn to go in certain spots because you train them and back in the days this is what they used. Diapers were never intended for them to use as the toilet, it was for in case they have an accident. It was more common in the early 1900's and then as years went by, we just got more lazy because it's too much work having an infant go every twenty minutes or so and times have changed and our culture. But it is still common in the middle east and places like Africa and Asia.

Like many of us, I've spent countless hours entertaining the dream of incontinence. But I agree with most posts here that babies, or at least toddlers are not incontinent in the way an adult would be. IC in adults is the result of some medial condition. For a toddler or even a baby, there is no medical problem. Even though they may not be able to control their wetting, everything they need to become dry is more or less in place. They just need to develop awareness, brain/ sphincter coordination, muscle memory, and a little social conditioning.

Therefore, the issue for me is not a physical limitation or condition, but rather it is a mental state. So when I wear my diaper, I adopt the mind set that I have not yet developed the ability to stay dry, no one expects me to stay dry, there is no logical reason to stay dry, and I can't help it. So even though I have the physical ability to stay dry, I really can't help but wet!

Hey. Im hade accidents when I was 14th I was a bedwetter.now many years ago I started to get the same problem. but now it's easier I can put a diaper on then I need ☺

Thanks for the info babylea and Calico.

BabyBike1 said:
Therefore, the issue for me is not a physical limitation or condition, but rather it is a mental state. So when I wear my diaper, I adopt the mind set that I have not yet developed the ability to stay dry, no one expects me to stay dry, there is no logical reason to stay dry, and I can't help it. So even though I have the physical ability to stay dry, I really can't help but wet!
This is basically the mind set I was questioning. I'm not arguing against your personal preferences, I just want to expand on the "mental state" aspect a little bit.

If you go about your daily business while wearing a diaper, deliberately wetting it whenever you choose to, you are probably much closer to the actual infantile mind set than you realize. Most likely, older babies and toddlers have the ability to control wetting just fine and don't really have "accidents". They choose to wet when they want, just like many ABs and DLs do.

You make a great point - "no one expects [them] to stay dry". People do expect you to stay dry if you are not IC. But that is their mind set, not yours. It is an external condition you are aware of but you decide how to react to it. If you choose to ignore it because you prefer diapers over toilets then you are thinking and acting just like a baby. No form of physical incontinence is actually present, in most cases. After a certain age, babies wet their diapers on purpose. Either they are unaware of the purpose of toilets, or they simply resist the social pressure, preferring diapers over toilets, just like you.

Part of the appeal of becoming incontinent if you are an ABDL is that it would give you a physical excuse for wearing diapers, which is easier to accept than seeing it as a mental defect. But the incontinence aspect is not really a realistic part of the physical or mental state of most babies beyond a certain age. That's my theory anyway.

Drifter said:
Thanks for the info babylea and Calico.

This is basically the mind set I was questioning. I'm not arguing against your personal preferences, I just want to expand on the "mental state" aspect a little bit.

If you go about your daily business while wearing a diaper, deliberately wetting it whenever you choose to, you are probably much closer to the actual infantile mind set than you realize. Most likely, older babies and toddlers have the ability to control wetting just fine and don't really have "accidents". They choose to wet when they want, just like many ABs and DLs do.

You make a great point - "no one expects [them] to stay dry". People do expect you to stay dry if you are not IC. But that is their mind set, not yours. It is an external condition you are aware of but you decide how to react to it. If you choose to ignore it because you prefer diapers over toilets then you are thinking and acting just like a baby. No form of physical incontinence is actually present, in most cases. After a certain age, babies wet their diapers on purpose. Either they are unaware of the purpose of toilets, or they simply resist the social pressure, preferring diapers over toilets, just like you.

Part of the appeal of becoming incontinent if you are an ABDL is that it would give you a physical excuse for wearing diapers, which is easier to accept than seeing it as a mental defect. But the incontinence aspect is not really a realistic part of the physical or mental state of most babies beyond a certain age. That's my theory anyway.

Well said. I agree 100%

I think a good example of this is like having an overactive bladder where you can hold, but can't like most people can. Like me, I know how to use the potty, but the bladder signal's to my brain always tell me I have to go more than normally someone should. So If I try to hold it for too long like one it can hurt me or two I end up wetting myself if cannot find the potty nearby to use. That's why I decided to just wear my diapers because I find it more easier than continuing of worrying about if I'm going to have an accident.

So in way overactive bladder like this with the fact you still have control, but mental you don't. So you just need to go when you need to at all times. I have been wearing diapers for so long now it not even in mind to just wet when need to.

Last edited:
I think i commented before on this thread and i already agreed that it's very likely that babies develop the ability to hold very early on in life but because they're not used to it and never had to they don't, and just go in their diapers when the need arises until they are potty trained, which is basically telling the child to completely change the way he has been doing it since being born.

I've never thought about it before this thread but i've come to believe that's how it happens.

Now, the reason why i'm replying again is because something similar to what a toddler experiences happened to me today. I had a diaper on and had just lunched. I hadn't wet it yet and because i had to take it off in a few hours i thought to myself that the if the urge would come i would just hold it and save the diaper for another occasion. After an hour or so i'm comfortably sitting playing hearthstone and listening to something in the background, and for those that don't know hearthstone is a card game so it requires a lot of focus and thinking in some moments similar to chess for example, and at one of those moments i realize i'm peeing! I didn't freak out because i was wearing diapers but it definitely made me think what if i wasn't? Most likely i wouldn't had an accident if i wasn't wearing a diaper but still...

I was reminded me of this thread because this is something that babies and toddlers experience all the time, they are engage at what they are doing at the time and don't even noticed they've start peeing because they're used to it, even though the bladder muscles are develop and they have the ability to hold, it's just more familiar to go in their diapers.

Calico said:
Babies are not really incontinent. They just have small bladders and don't have the cognitive ability to know what to do with it or to even tell you their bladder is full. They do stop trying to hold it in after a while after they have learned they are supposed to go in their diapers. Then they have to relearn how when they potty train because they forget. I have noticed how toddlers can go awhile without wetting their diapers and my daughter once flooded hers it was hanging on her and it looked like it was going to leak. It was dry and the next minute I heard a hissing sound and her diaper was very full and warm from the pee. A kid being dry in the morning and all the time is a sign they are ready for potty training but they have to understand how to use the potty and not fear it.

I have heard of elimination communication where infants learn to go in certain spots because you train them and back in the days this is what they used. Diapers were never intended for them to use as the toilet, it was for in case they have an accident. It was more common in the early 1900's and then as years went by, we just got more lazy because it's too much work having an infant go every twenty minutes or so and times have changed and our culture. But it is still common in the middle east and places like Africa and Asia.

I saw this page the other day, and it would go some what with what you said

http://dirtydiaperlaundry.com/why-the-loose-diapers-an-explanation-of-vintage-diapering-techniques/

I agree with this thread entirely. Incontinence isn't really something all that baby like. I also feel a lot of people who wish to be incontinence don't realize how much of a burden it can actually be in everyday life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back