At what age growing up did you stop wetting your bed

I haven't , woke up soaked this morning , still in denial don't really want to wear.

Reactions: Diprs2
I never really did stop . Maybe a few years between 5 and 10 but I still always did every now and again even in those years. Then in middle school it happened every night and has every since. I am 45 now and am just glad when it is only pee because waking up with a loaded diaper is more often than I like. My mom would make go see a counselor when in school as if it was some kind of mental disorder. They did not have the best insurance so I never got really tested until I was 19 married and had my own urologists and insurance. Then I found I had Interstitial Cystitis and one of the worse cases my doctor seen especially for a 19 year old male. My bladder walls are pitted and inflamed all the time. Its very rare for young people and even more rare for men. I also have a hole in my spine they suspect has nerve damage. Of course now I have neuropathy in so many places and it is so much worse than ever before. But I am always good at getting weird rare off the wall disorders like I have gastroparesis now. I guess Only 2.4 men out of 100,000 get it. Lucky me I guess. In fact if anyone has it or a loved one with it please PM me if you would I am looking for some relief. thank you

I did it off an since I was a kid, I stopped around teen years, but started again in my 20s. I'm in my mid-30s now, and I do it often.

Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
BabyGirlMara said:
I did it off an since I was a kid, I stopped around teen years, but started again in my 20s. I'm in my mid-30s now, and I do it often.
I last wet at 13 then came back at 50.

sport1 said:
I last wet at 13 then came back at 50.
Lucky. I think mine is triggered by depression and anxiety.

I stopped at 2.5, except for rare accidents until about 6.5. After that, it was all intentional or a side effect of something I was prescribed. That went on until I turned 18.

moi j usqua 13 ans de retour a 17 ans depuis c toute les nuits

I wet my bed pretty much every night till I was about 13. I only stopped for a couple years and then started back up and haven't stopped since. On the bright side I really enjoy wetting myself at night when I sleep, always have. I wear diapers and women's brief style panties over them and use bed pads to protect my mattress but I absolutely love waking up wet.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Lyric, charliee and 1 other person
Ql âge tu a

I remember stopping when I was around 12 or 13. Though it was probably somewhat earlier, as it took me some time to final ditch the pull-ups. I had a pretty substantial period of dryness before it restarted (albeit less often) when I was around 16. Thinking back on it, this might’ve been caused by stress since my high school years caused me some major anxiety. Since then I’ve been dry most nights of the week but still have some nights where I wet. it’s definitely a lot less than it was when I was younger though!

Reactions: gobphus, Diprs2, TippingOver and 1 other person
IFloat said:
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.
14 is how old I was when my incontinence got a lot worse

I think I stopped at 7 or 8 as a child, but last year I went through a period of incontinence at night (several months) that stopped after I eliminated stevia from my diet. Lots of negatives with that sweetener!

Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
I woke up dry this morning for the first time since March!!!

I was shocked when I took my diaper off and the wetness indicator writing was all still there. I felt the inside of the diaper and it was totally dry! So I guess to answer your question... In my late 40s and I still wet the bed most of the time. My late teens and 20s were the best time for me. I was dry about three quarters of the time.

If I don't drink any alcohol, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, carbonated beverages or eat any chocolate, tomatoes, fatty foods, and a whole list of other things and I pee right before bed, don't drink anything at all after 2pm, set my alarm to wake up about 3 hours after I go to bed and every 4 hours thereafter, I can stay dry about 50% of the time. Hardly worth it... gotta live.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, ThatGuyFromThatThread, CheshireCat and 1 other person
Bedwetting in my childhood was very rare ocassion, usually when I was ill, having cold or been very tired/ stressed. But then I was usually diapered by my mother or aunt to prevent wet bed sheets.
Stopped around age 10/11.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Cyprushill427
Mathew said:
I wet my bed pretty much every night till I was about 13. I only stopped for a couple years and then started back up and haven't stopped since. On the bright side I really enjoy wetting myself at night when I sleep, always have. I wear diapers and women's brief style panties over them and use bed pads to protect my mattress but I absolutely love waking up wet.
I didn't stop wetting at night until my early 20's and was reasonably dry for a while but had episodes of wetting through my adult life. I slipped back in to nightly wetting in my late 40s and am seldom dry at night now. I love it. Some of us are meant to be bedwetters.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, sport1, chamberpot and 1 other person
IFloat said:
I stopped wearing my bed regularly around the age of 14. From then on I really worked hard at staying dry through high school with varied success. The bottom line is even if you only went to bed a couple of times a month at that age at some point it will be really humiliating. As I got into my late 20s for whatever reason I started waking up wet more often. Now in my Late 40s I wet my bed more nights than not.

I cant really remember i think i was maybe 8 or 9 when i last peed the bed. It was only ocaisionally.

I have nocturia now, so i may start again in the future but atleast im prepared for this.

Last edited:
Wetshisbed said:
I didn't stop wetting at night until my early 20's and was reasonably dry for a while but had episodes of wetting through my adult life. I slipped back in to nightly wetting in my late 40s and am seldom dry at night now. I love it. Some of us are meant to be bedwetters.
I also had problems then in my 50's started wetting again my wife is understanding but after discussing went back to diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2 and wiliawi
I can’t believe any wife is understanding enough to like waking up with a wet ass or pee soaked nightgown because your leaks spread. Diapers are the only solution to keep peace in a marriage

Reactions: Diprs2, SDB2014, Lyric and 1 other person
iampadded said:
I can’t believe any wife is understanding enough to like waking up with a wet ass or pee soaked nightgown because your leaks spread. Diapers are the only solution to keep peace in a marriage
You are soo right.

I quit wetting my bed when I was 17 but I liked waking up wet so when I left home for good I'd wear diapers at night when I could so I could wet during the night and wake up with soaked diapers. I started wearing diapers and rubber pants full time around 15 or more years ago and wet my bed most nights. I still love to wake up in the morning with soggy diapers. At least for me I've never really grown out of enjoying wearing diaper to bed and wetting myself. Going to sleep at night in diapers and rubber pants lets me sleep so much better.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
Back