At cabin with coworkers: What would YOU do?

Do you come out as the old IC guy in diapers on the way, or just keep it on the down low?

• Keep it on the down low - treat it as business as usual (show no fear).

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Announce it on the way to the cabin (long drive) - and answer questions.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stay home, live as a hermit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it a secret (again) and fearfully hope you're not outed.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I went up to a remote cabin last August with a few coworkers and had a great time. I had to wear a Megamax up there (and back) for an all day trip. Last year I kept it a secret and changed immediately once at the cabin, in the outhouse. After that, it was all pull-ups for the long weekend.

This year is going to be different because I now wear an overnight diaper. Furthermore, if last year's one fecal accident is any indication, I may need to trade my pull-ups for diapers at least some of the time. I'll also be following a different food regimen to avoid BM upsets.

So here's my question: Would you come out as the old IC guy in diapers on the way up there, or just keep it on the down low and discard your diapers in the community trash bag and not worry if someone happens to notice. I don't want to make a big deal of it, but I also don't want to make it a big community discussion. I'm the oldest one going by the way, by about 15 years.

Reactions: Diprs2
I think I would keep it on the down low simply because you might not ever get discovered and if you do, it shouldn't be an issue if you tell them you're incontinent.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Napincolove
Definitely just treat it like business as usual. I feel like if anyone notices, they'll probably not want to bring it up if they're decent and don't want to upset someone from work.

Reactions: Diprs2 and DLScottsman
I'm always discreet. Stay on the down-low. Never told my employees. I'm going up near Lake Huron (between Michigan and Canada) and we have
a very remote and primitive camping sites. The Negwegon State Park only have 4 camp sites there. They're about 2 or 3 miles between. Only have outhouses there and fire spots. I will be kayak to the camp with my friend (who knows I'm IC). We each have our own tent. Even though my friend knows my IC issues I don't expose it. I'll hike out (~4+miles) every 3rd day to drop out the dirty diapers. No littering. - I wouldn't expose anyone.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Napincolove
Back